[UPD][REL] New Dry Bulk Cargoes (v1.1.0 for ATS 1.45 31/7/21)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xTHANATOPSISx

[UPD][REL] New Dry Bulk Cargoes (v1.1.0 for ATS 1.45 31/7/21)

#1 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 25 May 2022 02:44

[ external image ]

This mod adds new cargoes for the SCS Dry Bulk Trailer. In the base game there are only a few cargoes for this trailer. This obviously limits the number of loads and a variety of shippers and receivers. I originally started on this for my own use but decided I'd take a crack at releasing and maintaining a mod since this seemed like something that more than a few people might appreciate.

Currently the mod includes the following new cargoes:
  • Bulk Flour (shipper Global Mills Food plant)
  • Bulk Salt (shipper Global Mills Food plant)
  • Bulk Starch (shipper Global Mills Food plant)
  • Bulk Sugar (shipper Global Mills Food plant)
[ external image ]

These cargoes go to suitable receivers including the USBB plant, Darchelle Uzau wineries, Mon Coeur wineries, Global Mills Dairy plants, Fish Tail Foods plant, and Farmer's Barn plants with appropriate assignment for the type of business.

The cargoes should work with any trailer that also uses the base game dry bulk cargoes, but I don't have any such mod trailers so I have not tested this. Feedback on this is welcome and I'll look into compatibility as and when I can. I make no promises about making this mod compatible with other specific mods.

I do intend to add more cargoes over time as well as their suitable shippers and receivers, again as and when I can. There's no timeline for this to happen.

DOWNLOAD LINK v1.1.0 for ATS 1.45 (Sharemods)
Trucky Mods Link

Previous versions:
DOWNLOAD LINK v1.0 for ATS 1.44 (Sharemods)

Reuploading is not permitted. Changes for personal use are permitted.
Last edited by xTHANATOPSISx on 01 Aug 2022 01:16, edited 2 times in total.
xTHANATOPSISx

Re: [REL] New Dry Bulk Cargoes (v1.0 for ATS 1.44)

#3 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 26 May 2022 01:09

@seriousmods I might work on that as a companion to this later but I can't commit to anything right now. I have other cargo mods I'm working on, including possibly a fairly extensive modular rework of all the cargo assignments (implemented on a per company or per industry basis) as well as some new cargoes. As part of that I may include a mod making the dry bulk trailers ownable. There is a mod on the workshop currently by someone else though, and it works with this just fine. I don't know if it's maintained but it seems to be working currently.

I'm currently partially complete on a rework for the cargo in/out for Fish Tail Foods that also adds several cargoes that are specific to them as a shipper. It's basically "done" but I keep thinking of other tweaks I want to make or more cargoes to do.

As for this mods future, aside from just adding some names to some sui and sii files, I'm planning to try to improve the accuracy of the cargo information in the mod. Correct cargo mass and such.

Thanks for the interest though. Hope you check it out and enjoy it.
xTHANATOPSISx

#5 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 26 May 2022 03:22

I agree. It's definitely lacking in variety and realism. I hope I'll get around to fixing it.
Optional Features

#6 Post by Optional Features » 26 May 2022 03:36

Yeah, agreed. I'm attempting to put an idea of mine into action as well to allow us to pick how we position cargo on a flatbed (or inside a van).

This is the kind of stuff that will make the game fun: the cargo system as is is way too limited, limiting, and rigid. More options are needed, especially ones that are mainly code. There could be infinite varieties of those.
Ludo Diabolo

#7 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 26 May 2022 11:25

I'm going to follow the evolution of this mod, but what is cruelly missing in SCS and in the game in general is also the prefab, or the depot where we have to drop the cargo that doesn't always fit lol .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
xTHANATOPSISx

#8 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 31 Jul 2022 18:01

Working on a 1.45 update. With the new dry bulk trailers they've changed the body_type name. Shouldn't take too long to get it working. Today to tomorrow probably. I'll probably get it working and then make a further update for Montana as necessary.

Still planning to add more cargo types to the mod. I have a good many notes on real world cargoes for these trailers and have tried to look into realistic unit mass and such for each. Those additions are just a matter of having time and inclination to work on them.

Edit:

Got the update done. Just made it compatible with changes made in 1.45. No other changes as of now.
xTHANATOPSISx

Re: [UPD][REL] New Dry Bulk Cargoes (v1.1.0 for ATS 1.45 31/7/21)

#9 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 27 Nov 2022 22:06

So far as I can tell this is working in 1.46 but I'll need to revisit where to add the new cargoes for specific locations added with DLCs. Let me know if you see any actual issues otherwise I'll get around to adding some more shippers and receivers to the cargo file when I can. Being dealing with other stuff lately and haven't been up to fussing with much.

Return to “Others”