Multiplayer suggestion:Passenger/co-driver mode

Kenoman

Multiplayer suggestion:Passenger/co-driver mode

#1 Post by Kenoman » 25 May 2022 17:21

I'd like to suggest a feature for multiplayer that allows you to join your friend's truck and ride together, or be given an option to sit as a co-driver to switch drivers at certain waypoints, around middle point perhaps.

The aim of this feature is to create a way to have a more of a stress free way to enjoy the scenery and look around the city better while you drive, or your friend gives you a ride, or simply make very long delivery jobs a more manageable, relaxing experience done together with a friend (perhaps split profit share)
I think this will be an interesting way to approach the multiplayer from a different angle, giving a new topic of conversation as they are now in the same cabin, etc. Of course driving in a convoy is great, but to be given an opportunity to drive together in the same truck is also great I think, and I've really wished for this feature since the beginning of the convoy game mode.

To reflect upon the guideline, Here are my responses.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1:::Does it realistically fit the simulation aspects of the game?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Team truck driving exists, so I believe it is perfectly still within a realistic spectrum.

2:::Can it be implemented under the current technology used by the game? (I.E, is it too demanding on the games engine or would it require a complete change in the code base of the game?)

It would not require any changes to the game engine, perhaps create a new passenger/co-driver model on the passenger seat, place a camera on the passenger side for the co-driver role player, and then be swapped between driver's seat and passenger seat at relevant points.

3:::Does your idea add enough to gameplay to be worth the time invested in implementing it? (For instance, adding a "walk around the truck and inspect the brakes, tires and clamps" doesn't really add to gameplay. It's just a cinematic event.)

It will create a team effort to safely deliver the goods with the truck, and also allow for a more relaxed thorough look around the world of euro truck simulator now that the eyes no longer need to be too focused on the road and the cars ahead.
This mode can also be useful to teach a beginner drivers how to deal with different scenarios now that they are in the cabin, and is able to see in real time how the situation is dealt with. Examples: Maneuvers to create head space for trailers in
case of tight narrow spaces, blind spot maneuvers, tight narrow turns etc.

4:::Consider how your idea affects other aspects of the game. A "random tire blowout" simulation may affect the delivery times needed. Otherwise players will find that getting paid nothing because of a random tire blowout quite annoying and boring. Likewise, having more time for delivery means less pressure under normal circumstances.

This idea would be an addition, and would not interfere in any way with other aspects of the game, however would provide a way to lessen the pressure for long distance loads or simply create an interesting relaxing ride experience perhaps beneficial lessons for future drives.

5:::How many players will/may enjoy your requested feature? For instance, if you were to ask for force feedback simulation in your custom FFB gear selector... How many players would be able to enjoy this as only a few may own the device in question.

I believe this, though seemingly simple in concept, can provide many potential experiences different from what drivingly separately alone in a truck. While you can choose to be a driver(via convoy mode) sometimes, people wants to be a passenger, and I'm sure many players may agree this alternative approach to trucking together can potentially be enjoyable.

6:::Does your idea have any discussion value that warrants a separate thread? If it's a small and simple idea then it belongs in the Wishlists Megathread.

I believe it does, I'd like to hear what people may think about this idea, and it'd be a shame to bury it under a megathread where it may potentially be washed away without any considerations.
findingjayne

Re: Multiplayer suggestion:Passenger/co-driver mode

#2 Post by findingjayne » 08 Jun 2022 11:32

I think this would be an excellent addition! There are some no longer capable of driving in real life and have difficulty driving computer games yet would like to be able to go for a long ride, enjoy the scenery, and occasionally chat.
alluke

#3 Post by alluke » 09 Jun 2022 16:42

Yes, and ability to share music from the truck cab too!
davidhicks1994

#4 Post by davidhicks1994 » 20 Mar 2023 12:29

Yes please! I would love to ride in a friend's truck!
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.
Future420

#6 Post by Future420 » 09 Aug 2023 15:48

100% yes!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”