SOLVED: CTD upon game load, only in 1.44

Digital X

Re: CTD upon game load, only in 1.44

#11 Post by Digital X » 28 May 2022 17:30

Save games can be corrupted.

What your problem now is, whatever truck you had used before is missing some fallback data, trucks by default have a set of accessories to revert to in case of problems.

if you go to: def > vehicle > truck > "truck brand here" > fallback.volvo_vnl.sii you will see a list denoted by a series of fallback accessories.

These are the problematic ones:

Code: Select all

00:00:57.393 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/f_disc/front_disc_02_matt_gray.sii' in the read_only mode.
00:00:57.393 : <ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/f_disc/front_disc_02_matt_gray.sii)
00:00:57.394 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/r_disc/rear_disc_01_matt_gray.sii' in the read_only mode.
00:00:57.394 : <ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/r_disc/rear_disc_01_matt_gray.sii)
By "read_only" mode, that file does not physically exist where it should, or is named incorrectly.

Looking back up the log it seems to be all the default SCS trucks have a problem with the "camera.cabin.basic" unit which is most likely caused by out of date mods, I had that problem on one of mine but it's easy fix.

They should look like this:

Code: Select all

behind_camera: camera.behind.basic.volvo.vnla
	interior_camera: camera.interior.volvo.vnla
	interior_camera_oculus: camera.interior.volvo.vnla.oculus
	bumper_camera: camera.bumper.basic
	window_camera: camera.window.basic
	cabin_camera: camera.cabin.basic
	wheel_camera: camera.wheel.basic
	top_camera: camera.top.basic
	tv_camera: camera.tv.basic
	debug_camera: camera.debug
MirM

#12 Post by MirM » 28 May 2022 17:48

Mod "Rotating roof camera v2 MEDIUM" has been mounted. (package_name: Rotating roof camera (medium), version: 1.43, source: User mods)
"Rotating roof camera v2 MEDIUM" -- unmount and do not use, or other similar.

---------------
Kultag

#13 Post by Kultag » 28 May 2022 18:38

Holy feces, you are right! It's a simple mod that makes the roof camera movable (you can rotate it). I deactivated it, and now the game loads. Thank you for that.

I will now start adding back mods (updated as available), and see if it will keep running.

How come a new profile worked? I went only as far as sitting in the truck (9900) on my first job after I selected the first garage. Edit: another similar moving roof camera mod on Steam is also said to cause CTD since 1.44. I left comments everywhere.
Madkine
Global moderator

#14 Post by Madkine » 29 May 2022 00:09

The new profile worked because the mod left remnants in your save file that referenced the mod file despite the fact is wasn't active.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Kultag

Re: SOLVED: CTD upon game load, only in 1.44

#15 Post by Kultag » 31 May 2022 14:38

So all my mods are back, with some updates, no roof camera mod, and the old save now works in 1.44.
Thanks everybody for the help.

Return to “Technical Problems”