config.cfg overwrite when starting the game (steam version)

Duke49th

config.cfg overwrite when starting the game (steam version)

#1 Post by Duke49th » 28 May 2022 13:39

Hi.

The problem is that I want to use the dev console. But whenever I change the corresponding settings in the config.cfg file, the file gets overwritten the moment the game is loading.

This is with the steam version.

I can lock the file with setting the attribute to "read only" but that is not my preferred way to do it.

Has anyone an idea why this is happening? Maybe a change with 1.44?

Not sure tho if ATS has the same issue.

Thanks in advance :)
Underscore_101_

Re: config.cfg overwrite when starting the game (steam version)

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 28 May 2022 13:56

If you set it to read only your changes that you make in game will not be saved.

Are you sure it's not already set to "read only" and therefor loads a previous version that you haven't altered in the console?
Duke49th

Re: config.cfg overwrite when starting the game (steam version)

#3 Post by Duke49th » 28 May 2022 14:53

Underscore_101_ wrote: 28 May 2022 13:56 If you set it to read only your changes that you make in game will not be saved.

I know, which is why I don't like it. The moment I change something ingame (for whatever reason) it won't be saved and I might forget that I have set the file attribute.
Underscore_101_ wrote: 28 May 2022 13:56

Are you sure it's not already set to "read only" and therefor loads a previous version that you haven't altered in the console?
Yes, 100%. Notepad++ pops up the message that file was changed, the moment ETS2 is loading, asking me to reload the file due to changes (done by ETS2). All changes that I have done in the file will be overwritten to what it was before I edited.

I use steam cloud to save savegames etc.

Could that be the reason? Just popped into my mind...maybe it synchronizes the files with the ones in the cloud?
Although I don't get any sync error when I set read-only to the file and I also do not like to save everything just locally.

But somehow I doubt it, otherwise I would've been able to google it as I would not be the only one affected, right?

It's weird...

Return to “Help center - player to player”