Tire Replacement Instead of Tire Repair

Optional Features

Tire Replacement Instead of Tire Repair

#1 Post by Optional Features » 28 May 2022 19:48

Currently, tires in SCS games have unlimited life. As long as I keep "repairing" my tires, I can drive them endlessly, and they never need to be replaced.

In addition, tires wear unrealistically compared with the number of miles driven by actual truck drivers. I have/had a profile with a truck over 12k miles, and the tires were showing over 50% damage (might have been 70% if memory serves).

Information on trucking industry websites indicates real tires last at least 100k miles, obviously if a number of factors are in place.

At the least, the game's tire life should be extended to 50k miles, but in an ideal world, the tires would need to be replaced at that time period.

The game already has tire shops (unused), and many irl mechanic shops do tires as well.
  • Driver reaches max tire life
  • Driver tires show 100% damage
  • Driver sees warning message that tires need replacement
  • Driver visits repair shop and buys set of new tires
  • Tire damage is reset to 0%
HappyHippo

Re: Tire Replacement Instead of Tire Repair

#2 Post by HappyHippo » 01 Jun 2022 00:35

A trifle, but nice :D
See you in America!
rookie31st

#3 Post by rookie31st » 01 Jun 2022 13:02

The entire vehicle maintenance and repair system needs an overhaul, but I don't think it will ever happen.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 06 Jun 2022 07:34

rookie31st wrote: 01 Jun 2022 13:02 The entire vehicle maintenance and repair system needs an overhaul, but I don't think it will ever happen.
Unfortunately not, but yes, it's badly needed.
Xegethra

#5 Post by Xegethra » 06 Jun 2022 18:35

Yeah, some deeper level would be nice. Repairing should only go so far, then parts can no longer be repaired after a while and they have to be individually replaced and the cycle continues. It would give you something else to do and something to spend all that money on. The more you damage and repair them, the sooner they need replacing. Perhaps a slider could determine how long things last until they need replacing too.

For those who want it to stay as it is now, it could be an option to toggle.
rookie31st

#6 Post by rookie31st » 08 Jun 2022 03:29

Truck World Studio will eventually roll over SCS. It's just a matter of time now. I have a feeling that it makes more sense to support them instead of SCS at this point. They were smart to choose Australia and avoid direct competition, but I would really love to see them in America. I cannot drive on the left comfortably. Still, I would rather enjoy the Australian map with so many features I want than the American one without them.
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jun 2022 05:59

rookie31st wrote: 08 Jun 2022 03:29 Truck World Studio will eventually roll over SCS. It's just a matter of time now. I have a feeling that it makes more sense to support them instead of SCS at this point. They were smart to choose Australia and avoid direct competition, but I would really love to see them in America. I cannot drive on the left comfortably. Still, I would rather enjoy the Australian map with so many features I want than the American one without them.
I have hope that Alaskan Truck Simulator (demo releases in a couple days) and TWA will put some pressure on SCS to improve. At the least, they can do that. At the most, they can give us another option. A lot of the stuff that is missing/desired for these games isn't complicated, but it's not even a priority. Interactive dashboards and being able to get out of the truck are two such things. Both of these games offer that, so hopefully they will get some attention and focus towards what is possible, not just what has been done.
rookie31st

#8 Post by rookie31st » 10 Jun 2022 21:34

A demo of the Alaska Truck Simulator should come tomorrow, but I don't hold my breath for it - its truck model is mobile-game-like and certainly won't challenge SCS due to lower visual quality. I doubt gameplay features alone would be sufficient force to shock ETS2/ATS status.

So, I am looking at the World Truck Studio which showed amazing graphics so far, but it's not clear if they manage to maintain this level for the entire game world. And it certainly should present Australia on a scale similar to ETS2/ATS and that's A LOT of land and several big cities.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”