[REL][WIP] Sud de France Map by Charly V1.9.1 for V1.48

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Sud de France Map by Charly

#111 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Dec 2022 14:36

Instead of looking at my game log, you also could actually drive from Montpellier to Perpignan and see what happens. Also, there is a terrain gap near the intersection east from the crash location.

Yesterday I've driven a second time from Montpellier to Perpignan using only ProMods, Sud de France and ProMods Background mod. AI traffic disabled. I've driven with a speed of just 50 km/h. Yet I had a crash at the same location as I had the first time; between the intersection and Narbonne, just a few meters further ahead on the screenshot:

[ external image ]

The following screenshot is a clear example of the broken GPS:

[ external image ]

Terrain gap (but that's a very minor issue compared to the crash):

[ external image ]

The game log doesn't show a crash, but this doesn't mean that the crash didn't happen... So, if you really want to help, please actually drive from Montpellier to Perpignan and see what happens...
#MXTrucker

#112 Post by #MXTrucker » 02 Dec 2022 14:52

Lol ^^
Come down baby !
Charly (author), GDTFred (senior tester) and I went from/to Perpignan < > Montpellier
PamPam (look for his Youtube channel) even edited a SDFrance's video
We did not crash.
There's a GPS error navigation on A9, that's it.
And if you think someone will set your case with a clean gamelog and some pics...well...I won't spend more time.
There's an easy solution for you : don't play the map.
thedrippingone

#113 Post by thedrippingone » 02 Dec 2022 15:01

Not everyone crashes it seems. With the earlier build where I initially reported the crash (and you and Charly investigated), Vinnie did not have the crash. Now with the latest one, he crashes and I don't. There's something VERY strange happening there, but I don't know what.

Might be that it only happens in one lane of the road, I'll do some more tests there to see...
Vinnie Terranova

#114 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Dec 2022 15:28

#MXTrucker wrote: 02 Dec 2022 14:52Charly (author), GDTFred (senior tester) and I went from/to Perpignan < > Montpellier
Maybe you should read more carefully... The crash doesn't happen when driving from Perpignan to Montpellier; the crash happens when driving from Montpellier to Perpignan...
#MXTrucker

#115 Post by #MXTrucker » 02 Dec 2022 16:18

@Vinnie Terranova Unbelievable... :lol: ...from stubbornness to bad faith, 100% sure you know all ways, return trip included !
Vinnie Terranova

#116 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Dec 2022 16:43

@#MXTrucker I honestly don't understand what you mean? To be clear: did you have driven from Montpellier to Perpignan, using only ProMods 2.63 and Sud de France 1.5.1, or not?
#MXTrucker

#117 Post by #MXTrucker » 02 Dec 2022 16:51

thedrippingone wrote: 02 Dec 2022 15:01 Not everyone crashes it seems. With the earlier build where I initially reported the crash (and you and Charly investigated), Vinnie did not have the crash. Now with the latest one, he crashes and I don't. There's something VERY strange happening there, but I don't know what.

Might be that it only happens in one lane of the road, I'll do some more tests there to see...
Hi !
We released the 1.5.1 as there was a 'rfx' issue with 1.5
There's still a gps issue : it will be set (but no CTD)
About A9 and possible CTD : no gamelog <error> but words...
Well...
Whatever, you're welcome and if you bring tangible elements, it will be helpful
Vinnie Terranova

#118 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Dec 2022 17:20

@#MXTrucker would you be so kind so answer my question in my previous post? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.
jackwi

#119 Post by jackwi » 02 Dec 2022 17:34

I don't know what all is going on here but I asked if there is also a load order from this mod but I don't get an answer, all I see is bickering back and forth.
Furthermore, I asked if the crashes happen with or without Promods

Thanks
#MXTrucker

#120 Post by #MXTrucker » 03 Dec 2022 14:00

@jackwi Hi !
Find the load order in any of my combo (link is with my signature)
A thousandth time : there's no more CTD with or without promods
(a navigation issue in A9, which force you to drive till Sud de France : but you load it to drive on it !?
Mx

Return to “Maps”