West Balkans Expansion Discussion

SenseFM

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#831 Post by SenseFM » 24 Nov 2022 17:35

@Muks I think your prediction for Slovenia is pretty plausible for the road network, although I'm not sure all five cities can be marked. Ljubljana and Maribor are almost guaranteed, but Celje and Novo Mesto may more likely appear as unnmarked scenic towns due to the scale. The one I doubt the most is Koper, along with Trieste. They can be scenic or mostly inaccessible, but I don't see either of them as marked cities. Slovenia is just about 15 km wide around Koper, which in the game's scale would be perceived as just 800 m. Now, Promods has managed to include both Trieste and Koper as marked cities, but how? Here's how it looks in-game:

[ external image ]

Most of Slovenia looks pretty normal, but then you'll notice what they've done to fit both Trieste and Koper - the Italian strip seems to have gained a few kilos, and Slovenia has received an Oklahoma-tier panhandle. Promods is unofficial and its mappers can do anything they feel is necessary to fit what they want to include (this is not to bash the Promods team, they do an amazing work IMO). But SCS Software devs have never applied such drastic solutions before and they seem to keep a generally consistent road density over the entire map for probably performance reasons, so I doubt they will do a similar thing.

Despite the coastal altered borders, I think Promods' Slovenia can still be a reference for predictions. Here's what Slovenia currently features in Promods, as it looks in a Promods Europe map I'm also working on. Orange dots are marked cities, yellow dots are accessible scenic towns, and white dots are inaccessible towns that are visible from the roads:

[ external image ]

Ignoring the density in the Koper-Trieste area, I think official Slovenia may look similar to its Promods version: Ljubljana and Maribor marked, with both A1 and A2 included, and some scattered unmarked cities, which could be either accessible or inaccessible.
ninjawarrior1x3

#832 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 Nov 2022 17:43

Perhaps the A23 could be moved to the west to allow more space for Trieste. After all, it seems to bend a bit too much near Tolmezzo compared to reality. This might even give them an opportunity to rework Venice as well.
SenseFM

#833 Post by SenseFM » 24 Nov 2022 19:42

The Italian A23 is also a very scenic road in real life. We can't see much of its mountainous parts through the Alps in the game mostly due to the 1:19 scale, but if with the release of the West Balkans it got moved and also reworked it would be a win-win for the Gulf of Venice region. Still, it seems most likely that only the easternmost part of A4 will be updated for it to be correctly connected to Slovenia.
KoperSLO

#834 Post by KoperSLO » 24 Nov 2022 21:28

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 24 Nov 2022 11:58 @KoperSLO
About the other 2 roads leading out of Trieste, which one (if not both) do you think can be in the game?
In my opinion, it would depend on if Koper will be included. If so, then the H5 would be a good direct route to include. If not, then the SS14 to Kozina would be good enough (especially as we know the connection to Kozina from Croatia will be in the game).
I think it will be H4.
A3 is too close to Trieste scenery with hills behind it (300m high natural barrier). Oh and btw. SS14 on that section from Trieste to Slovenian border by Kozina is closed for trucks and traffic over 7,5t since many years. Promods didn't appy this, in PB we did, because I know this area really well.

And Koper is possible if they manage to reduce the Trieste city center to some avenue's. Maybe ignoring the old part of the port and just include the newer part and neighbourhoods in the south (plenty of industrial compounds etc) and with this the city itself can be a bit higher on the map placement.
It will be interesting :D
Last edited by KoperSLO on 25 Nov 2022 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Shiva

#835 Post by Shiva » 24 Nov 2022 23:13

Trieste. There has been a screenshot from, Pacorini Trieste, Via della Rampa, 3, 34123 Trieste TS, Italia
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.6349313 ... a=!3m1!1e3
the building.

Koper? would be nice if SCS could fit it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
ninjawarrior1x3

#836 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 Nov 2022 23:35

One thing that I am becoming more and more convinced is that if there's anything to sacrifice in this region which can save space, it's Istria (apologies to people who live there). The only reason it could be added is because of Pula, however, when I look it up, I just don't think it's important enough for a truck simulator (especially compared to Rijeka, Trieste and Koper).
Adriatic Sea Team

#837 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 25 Nov 2022 08:48

We should get the WB blog today, five weeks passed since the last post. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Switzerland re-work instead, I'm losing my patience, it looks like either SCS is not ready for WB or they slowed down the production.
xXCARL1992Xx

#838 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2022 09:15

or maybe you should stop obsessing over it and try to read a pattern where no pattern is
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Muks

#839 Post by Muks » 25 Nov 2022 16:52

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 25 Nov 2022 08:48 We should get the WB blog today, five weeks passed since the last post. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Switzerland re-work instead, I'm losing my patience, it looks like either SCS is not ready for WB or they slowed down the production.
My bet is next week, they focused more on anniversary thing i guess
ninjawarrior1x3

#840 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 25 Nov 2022 17:59

Muks wrote: 25 Nov 2022 16:52
Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 25 Nov 2022 08:48 We should get the WB blog today, five weeks passed since the last post. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Switzerland re-work instead, I'm losing my patience, it looks like either SCS is not ready for WB or they slowed down the production.
My bet is next week, they focused more on anniversary thing i guess
At this point, let's just say SCSSoon.

Return to “General discussion about the game”