West Balkans Expansion Discussion

JaDaKa

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#951 Post by JaDaKa » 07 Dec 2022 19:32

Yeah I can see the logic in that.
NoDe31

#952 Post by NoDe31 » 07 Dec 2022 19:50

From greedy business perspective I get them, RU market was potentially huge "gold mine"... But it turns out greediness, bite them in the a** this time as they lost nice chunk of time and money on HoR that even if it was released it would be probably boycotted by healthy chunk of playerbase, and not to mention they would probably lost all connections with trucking industries (losing even more money)... Now they have to deal with big "low income" (no map DLC over a one long year) gap in game that (lets be honest) financing both itself and ATS... From logical standpoint I would say decision to go for HoR and leaving huge gap with west balkan, and on east before Russia, is borderline silly (and Im nice gay on that term)...
Shiva

#953 Post by Shiva » 08 Dec 2022 00:14

I can see all of Republic of Türkiye fit, without going more east than HoR.
Greece, I think it could be a single map DLC add on. Either regular ETS2 DLC price, or ATS non Texas DLC price.
I do not see Greece as a free addition to WB.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Vinnie Terranova

#954 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Dec 2022 05:48

@Shiva Greece with a regular ETS2 DLC price? No way, nobody will buy a Greece DLC for that price; Greece is way too small for that.
gaillard

#955 Post by gaillard » 08 Dec 2022 08:02

I would. No hesitation. With pleasure.
I am much much more interested in Greece than in Russia or neighbours.
Adriatic Sea Team

#956 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 08 Dec 2022 09:55

I agree with every word @NoDe31 said, couldn't say better myself. And speaking about Heart of Russia, when it was first teased, I was thinking it must be Ukraine, Belarus, and some parts of Russia around Moscow. When I saw it was only more of Russia I knew that I'm not buying it.

Now I'm curious, what blog we are going to see the first announcement of the rework of Switzerland or West Balkans? My guess is something about ATS. :D
JaDaKa

#957 Post by JaDaKa » 08 Dec 2022 10:10

Yeah Greece could come out as a single cheaper DLC? Then publish Turkey as a whole if SCS plans to include the rest of the country which would be cool.

They are a really large country so it could be normally priced which would result in SCS making more money that way.
jackalnxt

#958 Post by jackalnxt » 08 Dec 2022 10:40

Safe to say that as long as the situation in the world remains as it is, Belarus will also not get a DLC any time soon. And since planning happens years in advance, Ukraine won't be considered for a long time. So, the entire region will likely be avoided in the next 5 years, minimum.
JaDaKa

#959 Post by JaDaKa » 08 Dec 2022 10:59

Personally I would like Ukraine to have its DLC, soon even. In its normal, legal borders with Eastern Ukraine and Crimea in it.

However what will they do with the destroyed cities? Make them as they were before as a tribute to life or would that be taken as a disregard to the suffering that has been caused and the total destruction of cities like Mariupoli?
oldmanclippy

#960 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Dec 2022 18:19

@Shiva Novo Selo I was thinking could come with Greece, but I suppose it's possible for West Balkans. Blagoevgrad and the Delchevo crossing makes the most sense, *if they can make it fit*. If they don't think it could work, then maybe the Novo Selo crossing could be used. They just made things a lot harder for themselves with Pernik. Pernik probably should have just been skipped and Blagoevgrad should have come with RttBS at launch. Yes Pernik has more significance but its inclusion prevents the much busier Deve Bair crossing from being used.

I just really wish that they had more foresight when making RttBS. It's a bit bizarre how they handled it with respect to setting up crossings with the future West Balkans.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”