West Balkans Expansion Discussion

ninjawarrior1x3

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#881 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 01 Dec 2022 18:49

If you're impatient, why not try to find the remaining locations we haven't quite guessed yet (particularly the 2 from the "Guess where we are" blog in August)?
Muks

#882 Post by Muks » 01 Dec 2022 20:55

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 01 Dec 2022 18:49 If you're impatient, why not try to find the remaining locations we haven't quite guessed yet (particularly the 2 from the "Guess where we are" blog in August)?
Good idea
Adriatic Sea Team

#883 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 02 Dec 2022 09:10

Next week, on Monday, will be exactly six months since West Balkans was officially announced. And today is exactly six weeks since the last blog. I guess today is very likely to see a blog, but I think it will be one more unspecific blog, personally, I would like to see landscapes or nature.

And speaking about the release date, with the current scope of the given information and screenshots we have seen, we don't have enough objective view to speculate, we know they are working hard and that after Texas has been released at least one-third of the team has moved on West Balkans, so we just have to be patient for Xmas stream to finally see what is behind the scenes. My guess is that this month we will see two blogs and since January we will see an absolute focus on West Balkans.

But of course, all of it depends on the information that will be given by Pavel and/or developers working on West Balkans. I don't know if is there any way to see how many people added West Balkans to their wishlist.
Madkine
Global moderator

#884 Post by Madkine » 02 Dec 2022 10:36

ATS and ETS2 map teams aren't shared, the people who moved on from Texas moved on to the next ATS map DLC.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
oldmanclippy

#885 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Dec 2022 15:59

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 02 Dec 2022 09:10 Next week, on Monday, will be exactly six months since West Balkans was officially announced. And today is exactly six weeks since the last blog. I guess today is very likely to see a blog, but I think it will be one more unspecific blog, personally, I would like to see landscapes or nature.

And speaking about the release date, with the current scope of the given information and screenshots we have seen, we don't have enough objective view to speculate, we know they are working hard and that after Texas has been released at least one-third of the team has moved on West Balkans, so we just have to be patient for Xmas stream to finally see what is behind the scenes. My guess is that this month we will see two blogs and since January we will see an absolute focus on West Balkans.

But of course, all of it depends on the information that will be given by Pavel and/or developers working on West Balkans. I don't know if is there any way to see how many people added West Balkans to their wishlist.
Yeah Texas team is most certainly not moving on to West Balkans. Maybe there could be one or two individuals moving over if their expertise is a better fit but as far as we know the mappers are kept separate. Makes sense because road design, city layouts, geography, etc is very different between the games.

As for how many have wishlisted WB, it's the 82nd most wishlisted game on Steam https://steamdb.info/stats/mostwished/

Heart of Russia is 25th, not sure what its peak was.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Adriatic Sea Team

#886 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 02 Dec 2022 16:27

See you guys for the Xmass stream, it looks like it will be quiet until then. Bye.
JaDaKa

#887 Post by JaDaKa » 03 Dec 2022 08:14

OK bye
VirtualTruckTravels

#888 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 03 Dec 2022 12:03

the xmas stream? that one where Pavel sits after a long christmas celebration and ramble about his fantasies for the games, then it become monday again and everything is put in the bin and forgotten. naaah you will not see me, I will spend my time more wisely.
oldmanclippy

#889 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Dec 2022 17:10

I've certainly gotten less excited to see Pavel come on because his words are starting to shift more towards "hey this would be cool to have in the game I hope my talented staff can implement it someday" vs "these are things we have in the pipeline, just wait a bit longer". Hopefully they can tell us something more detailed of what's coming in the Xmas stream. In addition to some West Balkans talk.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
harishw8r

#890 Post by harishw8r » 04 Dec 2022 02:51

I can certainly understand him bringing that way in other streams so that the cards can be shown on the Christmas stream, but even then more focus is given to map content and maybe trucks but not so much for new features (though we get some).

Return to “General discussion about the game”