West Balkans Expansion Discussion

ninjawarrior1x3

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#641 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 Sep 2022 14:57

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 24 Sep 2022 07:21 @ninjawarrior1x3 I wasn't expecting anything more than Bar and Podgorica in Montenegro, I'm really surprised to see Nikšić included... :)
This gives me hope that mabye they will be able to fit a second (likely small) marked city in Kosovo as well (the 2 countries are roughly similar in size and Kosovo has 3x the population). If so, they could likely include one of Prizren, Peja or Mitrovica. The latter of which would be in a good position to come with the Trepça Mines (Europe's largest lead-zinc and silver ore mine).
Davina

#642 Post by Davina » 24 Sep 2022 15:04

In the blog the word "aluminium" is consistently mis-spelt the American English way. Other than that all looks very exciting. One thing I would like to see is multiple routes in & out, quite often I end up taking the same route into DLCs & it adds monotony.
Shiva

#643 Post by Shiva » 24 Sep 2022 17:06

tobrago wrote: 23 Sep 2022 17:03 Photo #1 should be the Port of Belgrade. The picture from the Blog was taken from the Danube side. Google Map is on the side of Dunavska street. But unfortunately, the Port of Belgrade will most likely be demolished soon.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i ... 0/02_c.jpg

https://www.google.rs/maps/@44.8224419, ... 6656?hl=en
Demolished?!
Even those nice buildings?!
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
tobrago

#644 Post by tobrago » 24 Sep 2022 17:18

Now I don't know which beautiful buildings? But anyway they are planning to make something else. Now the question is whether one part of the Port of Belgrade will remain there or if they will move it too. There was a warehouse of my company where I work, and we moved there about five years ago. Now the majority of companies are located in Surčin, Dobanovci, Ugrinovci, Šid and so on.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Adriatic Sea Team

#645 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 24 Sep 2022 17:52

Let's guess what will next blog be about. My guess is something about Adriatic Coast.
ninjawarrior1x3

#646 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 Sep 2022 18:55

@Adriatic Sea Team Let's bring up the list of the first 5 post announcement blogs from previous DLCs:
oldmanclippy wrote: 12 Sep 2022 22:04 Heart of Russia:
Nature
Guess where we are
Villages
Churches
Food Mill Industry

Iberia:
Eco-Regions
Deserts
Ports
Car Industry
Olives

Road to the Black Sea:
Romania
Bulgaria
Turkey
Border Crossings
Villages

Beyond the Baltic Sea:
Border Control Prefabs
New Industries
New Industries 2
Countryside and Nature
Baltic Landmarks
Ruling out anything referencing "Guess Where We Are" and Industries, we have quite a few blogs mentioning something to do with nature. Don't be surprised if there are blogs on villages and border crossings in the near future as well. Once development becomes complete enough for biweekly blogs, then perhaps Country Blogs will start coming. (Personally, I don't expect this until after 1.46 is out of the way)
Adriatic Sea Team

#647 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 25 Sep 2022 07:14

Here is a list of times between current blogs:

1. Official Announcement (05.06.2022.)
2. Guess where we are (09.08.2022.)
3. New Industries (23.09.2022)

First to second - 2 months 4 days
Second to third - 1 month 14 days

Yeah, I also don't expect anything before 1.46 is out and Texas is released. The whole of next month will be dedicated to 1.46 and Texas, the first week of November will be for the release of Texas, and after that, we can expect an increase in the number of blogs about the West Balkans.

I know it's too early to talk about the release date but my guess is early April, this is based on the Iberia release date and HoR release date, I know that HoR is not released yet but I remember what Nemiro and Pavel said about the release date in Christmas stream before the disaster happened.
ninjawarrior1x3

#648 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 25 Sep 2022 08:58

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 25 Sep 2022 07:14 Yeah, I also don't expect anything before 1.46 is out and Texas is released. The whole of next month will be dedicated to 1.46 and Texas, the first week of November will be for the release of Texas, and after that, we can expect an increase in the number of blogs about the West Balkans.
The most West Balkans news we may get pre-1.46 release in my opinion is mabye a mention in the 10th anniversary livestream (if they are planning one). I can see Texas releasing in late November or December, as this is just in time for Christmas, but despite that, I can see biweekly WB updates by then so long as progress is sufficient (after all, Texas had biweekly updates in the weeks leading up to Montana's release).

@ETS2 ATS Fan Regarding the pictures, let's not assume Image 10 is a caravan factory just because it's next to the text about caravan factories. Not all of them seem to be close to the relevant text. For example, Image 7 is not immediately adjacent to the paragraph about oil fields even though it seems to be portraying an oil field.
Speaking of which, it's most likely in Albania because Albania seems to have by far the most oil fields in the relevant area. One of which is the Patos-Marinza Oil Field, the largest onshore oil field in Europe.

Wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patos-Marinza_Oil_Field
https://maps.app.goo.gl/L6Xbfo1fS4ujPAcDA
Pictures (as street view is unavailable):
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Image 7 for reference: [ external image ]
@oldmanclippy
Adriatic Sea Team

#649 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 25 Sep 2022 16:59

@ninjawarrior1x3 Yeah, something like that give or take a week or two. I know that I sound impatient, but I still can't process in my mind that in a few months I will finally enjoy an official version of West Balkans in full quality :)

It looks like by every new post we will be able to make a road network map even before SCS officially announces it :D For now, they showed us only prefabs and I can say that am amazed at the details and quality. I think that I'll get a heart attack when the hype train gets more speed :D
Shiva

#650 Post by Shiva » 26 Sep 2022 15:18

tobrago, I do like the big harbour building.
Maybe its use will be repurposed to other things?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”