West Balkans Expansion Discussion

JaDaKa

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#921 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Dec 2022 09:13

The reasons for HoR's release might not be just financial. It has been very long since ETS2 got some proper new content, they have to make sure its playerbase is still engaged with the game.
Not updating it for too long could lead to players moving completely to other titles, kind of forget about it, you know?
Vinnie Terranova

#922 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 06 Dec 2022 09:22

But there are more ways to give ETS2 some proper content; not only by map DLCs...
JaDaKa

#923 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Dec 2022 09:25

Biggest one is either a map DLC, or a large gameplay feature. Even if a new truck was considered as such they might not be close to completion yet.
gaillard

#924 Post by gaillard » 06 Dec 2022 09:34

I personally count Austria as a big new content. Except the names of the cities nothing remains of the "old" one.
And Switzerland is coming too, yes it's smaller, but it renews interest.
Of course a new truck, let's say a three-letter one, would also help.

I am also among those who believe Greece was taken out to try and accelerate WB due to the postponed map DLC.

Meanwhile, I'm not busy with ETS, still exploring TX methodically. So I have lots of patience...
Kanan

#925 Post by Kanan » 06 Dec 2022 09:46

JaDaKa wrote: 06 Dec 2022 06:37 One more thing regarding the "Anatolia DLC" is that I am not sure packing Greece + Turkey together is a good option, at least for the players that come from there.
Relationship between those countries is very bad, it is like publishing a "Ukraine + Russia" DLC almost.
Exactly this. I don't understand how someone thinks it's a good idea to cut Türkiye in half and group it with Greece at that. It makes no sense.
I think that Greece could be added as a future update to WB after release, it's too small to be its own DLC (even with Cyprus) and it can't really be part of anything else due to what was mentioned above. I can't really imagine it going any other way.
Same goes for Ireland and potentially Iceland, both of these islands are too small on their own, so I see them being a part of the base map (Ireland) and the future Northern Scandinavia DLC (Iceland). That's just how I see it though.
Vinnie Terranova

#926 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 06 Dec 2022 10:15

JaDaKa wrote: 06 Dec 2022 06:37One more thing regarding the "Anatolia DLC" is that I am not sure packing Greece + Turkey together is a good option, at least for the players that come from there.
Relationship between those countries is very bad, it is like publishing a "Ukraine + Russia" DLC almost.
If people have problems with packing Greece and Turkey together into one map DLC, then those people are the ones who make ETS2 a political thing. But ETS2 is not a political thing. It's just a game with a game world that is based on the real geographical world. The only thing that is political are the border patrol checks, or whatever they are called, and those border checks are nothing like the border checks in the real world. I mean, at those border checks I only have to press <ENTER>, wait for a few seconds and I can move on.

Also, say, if people from Greece have problems with bundling Greece and Turkey into one map DLC, then those Greece people should also have problems with RttBS. I guess those people from Greece have not bought RttBS? Of course they have bought RttBS. And vica verse, people from Turkey will not buy a separate Greece DLC? Of course they will. But if they will buy a Greece DLC, then there really shouldn't be a problem for them to buy a bundled Greece + Turkey DLC.

We should separate political aspects from ETS2 as ETS2 is based for 99% on geographic aspects.
SenseFM

#927 Post by SenseFM » 06 Dec 2022 10:22

From what I understand, the relations between Russia and the Baltic Countries weren't already very cordial even before the current war. But they still were grouped together with the release of the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC, so I don't think releasing Greece and Turkey on the same DLC is far from a possibility. Some of the countries that will come with the West Balkans DLC also maintain tensions in real life.

Greece could have come with the West Balkans, since with its addition its area would still be smaller than Iberia (413,000 km2 vs 586,000 km2). But the diversity in countries, signage, languages and difficult geography could amount to lots of extra work, so I understand why they've decided to not work on Greece for now.
Aziz

#928 Post by Aziz » 06 Dec 2022 10:35

Sure, Greece + Turkey is a problem, but Serbia+Kosovo somehow isn't because there seem to be no problems with releasing both in the same pack? Please. They'll do what needs to be done geographically, either pushing Greece into WB at later date, release as standalone dlc, the smallest of them all, or combine with other countries.
JaDaKa

#929 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Dec 2022 10:40

gaillard wrote: 06 Dec 2022 09:34 I personally count Austria as a big new content.
I am talking more about something that could "make the headlines". Being featured in steam store, maybe a few reviews in websites etc.
Trying to see through a more casual player's perspective.
Not saying I am right, that's why I added a question mark above as I am looking for other people's here opinions on it.
Aziz

#930 Post by Aziz » 06 Dec 2022 12:03

Sure Austria was big. But that was half a year ago, same time when Cali rework phase #? came out. Then there was Hannover, admittedly a welcome novelty. Everything since then was just fluff. From casual player perspective. Paintjobs, even Feldbinder pack is something I wishlisted but it's not something I'm going to use. Rest of the updates were very much in parity with ATS. And it's not like they were revolutionary. The new photo trophy thingy is nice but again, it's not something that would magically conjure players back behind their wheels. It's a drought, there's no other way of saying it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”