West Balkans Expansion Discussion

tobrago

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#651 Post by tobrago » 27 Sep 2022 08:29

@Shiva
I'm not sure about that, but time will tell. As far as I know, exclusive restaurants, a promenade and other things will be built there. By the way, the Port of Belgrade building is slowly being emptied, and you can see that in the pictures (on the left side, scroll through the pictures). I think that the SCS has wrong information about things in Belgrade.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Adriatic Sea Team

#652 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 27 Sep 2022 09:58

West Balkans will probably be released with some missed things, now the development phase is at full speed so they can't go back to Belgrade and change the whole industry in this part of the city. Also, the first highway in Montenegro probably won't be included or it would be just scenery with the work construction site. So like Iberia got a few updates after release West Balkans might also get a few of them, and I won't complain because they couldn't catch the building process in real-life and work accordingly, which would slow down the process.
Shiva

#653 Post by Shiva » 27 Sep 2022 12:06

tobrago, seems the big building does have a mix of shops etc.
Magacin Transfera and more.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
ninjawarrior1x3

#654 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 27 Sep 2022 17:05

@Adriatic Sea Team
In that case, do you expect them to include the 2 border crossings at Neum instead of the Peljesac bridge? (There is still one section of the access road which is under construction).
Adriatic Sea Team

#655 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 28 Sep 2022 04:37

At this point, I don't know. I can barely predict some roads to and from the locations (prefabs and teasers) they showed us.
oldmanclippy

#656 Post by oldmanclippy » 29 Sep 2022 00:45

I still think Peljesac Bridge would be the better move. 2 border crossings at Neum would be insanely tight at 1:19. Using the bridge would allow them some more leeway to get from Split to Dubrovnik, while allowing room further inland for something like M-6.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
ninjawarrior1x3

#657 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 29 Sep 2022 19:50

@oldmanclippy
I see that you just did a prediction map. It reminds me of one I did back before the Easter teaser (hence why Greece is also shown). I think I might have underestimated the number of marked cities and roads which will feature in this DLC. But I guess it's better to be conservative and get surprised than be bullish and disappointed.

Here's my map from April:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid ... hbc=2E312F

I also have a map depicting roads and cities that are confirmed based on blog photos:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
oldmanclippy

#658 Post by oldmanclippy » 29 Sep 2022 20:17

@ninjawarrior1x3 I think your map is probably more realistic than mine. I've already been working on the next revision which is more conservative.

Unlike my Texas prediction map which I feel like I can make with reasonable confidence, I know full well that my West Balkans prediction map will be full of mistakes, whether it's roads that trucks can't use, road signs that have changed, roads that aren't built yet or have already been replaced, cities that aren't as relevant as others, or just plain old omissions. I am trying my best to learn about these countries and their roads and cities but it is an ever-changing, street-view-limited, complicated part of Europe and I think it will be a challenge to learn all the nuances, especially when English-language sources are harder to come by. So my map will be mostly just for fun and not to be taken seriously. At least not compared to the maps I make for ATS.

Maybe it will be more accurate closer to release once we have more confirmed cities and roads via blog screenshots. Until then, it will surely be very inaccurate :lol:
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Adriatic Sea Team

#659 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 30 Sep 2022 08:18

@oldmanclippy Your prediction map as you called it, looks pretty realistic, +/- 20%. I like your design and layout for the map. :)
ninjawarrior1x3

#660 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 30 Sep 2022 16:54

I just found a roundabout in Hungary (between Pécs and Szeged) with a sign showing the way to Subotica. Idk if this is confirmation of the addition of Subotica in West Balkans but if it's in the DLC, then it would be a waste not to add the road to this roundabout.

Also, this town is called Szabadka in Hungarian.

Return to “General discussion about the game”