West Balkans Expansion Discussion

Adriatic Sea Team

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#811 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 19 Nov 2022 09:30

On the other hand, Texas has just been released, they need a few days to cool down before they move on to the next major project. I think that next week we will see the West Balkans post for sure and probably the Oklahoma announcement. And most probably we will have two blogs for West Balkans starting in December.

I was looking back at November last year, they are kind of following the same pattern, so we might also see an announcement for Switzerland re-work.

Next week's summary:

1. Introducing Oklahoma
2. ETS2 - Switzerland Revamp
3. West Balkans - (Nature)
JaDaKa

#812 Post by JaDaKa » 19 Nov 2022 12:33

I always pretend that HoR was released. Map exoansion-wise I am satisfied with SCS's production especially if we consider the reworks as well.

I would really like if we had a faster truck production though. I feel like a new truck is something which is missing from Texas, would be nice if generally a map DLC was accompanied with a new truck.
Adriatic Sea Team

#814 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 22 Nov 2022 08:21

Most probably nothing will happen because both sides know there is no one who will fight for them, but if the worse thing happens, we will have another DLC postponed, and there we go, another year without DLC for ETS2.
Aziz

#815 Post by Aziz » 22 Nov 2022 08:52

Oh please, it's not like they're going to a war with each other over number plates. It's only loud words. At most some street riots could happen.
JaDaKa

#816 Post by JaDaKa » 22 Nov 2022 09:04

"Greece DLC" here we go!
jackalnxt

#817 Post by jackalnxt » 22 Nov 2022 10:46

Those tensions with the car plates happen every few months or so. Everybody panics, thinking a war is imminent; then the issue gets postponed for a few months and everything goes back to normal; few months pass, issues rise again; rinse and repeat.

Given how we've discussed in the past how all the numerous border checkpoints might take too much space, I'd be in favor if this road was just closed off and the space used for something else.
JaDaKa

#818 Post by JaDaKa » 22 Nov 2022 10:57

From what I have understood, could be wrong, is that the Serbian government does not have a straightforwrd stance in its international affairs.

It was supposed to have come closer to the West, hence the EU membership candidancy, meetings with European and US officials but past years they made financial and infrastructure agreements with China, even taking loans from them.

They have also refused, I think, to condemn the russian invasion in Ukraine.

In general there is a lot of underlying tension there and many fear it is being fomented by the Russia-China axis and they might use a Serbia vs Kosovan/Albanian clash to further destabilize the area and subsequently Europe/West.

Thing is one cannot really fault Serbia either once their claims also hold legitimacy in regards to Kosovo.

Usually I think it would be nothing but the times are really strange, can't be certain about anything.
Double M

#819 Post by Double M » 22 Nov 2022 16:12

I honestly don't think SCS can afford to postpone a second dlc. If not, how would you earn money?

Return to “General discussion about the game”