West Balkans Expansion Discussion

Aziz

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#301 Post by Aziz » 26 Jun 2022 10:45

It would make more sense to call the Baltic dlc a Soviet Union lol, 4/5 countries there were part of it. Still not a good idea.

But while we're on a topic of Yugoslavia, I would very much like to see old monuments along the way, they're interesting pieces of architecture.
oldmanclippy

#302 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Jun 2022 20:50

Might as well rename Iberia to al-Andalus, Road to the Black Sea to Northwestern Ottoman Empire, Scandinavia to South-Central Kalmar Union, etc while we're at it. Makes zero sense to call this DLC Yugoslavia. And Former Yugoslavia doesn't cover Albania.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
OldVern

#303 Post by OldVern » 28 Jun 2022 09:37

Just getting back into ETS2 after, would you believe, over a year off. Quite pumped for this DLC as the area is generally very scenic. tl:dr on the previous pages but when do we reckon this might go live? Reason for asking is, if soon, no point in putting the latest version of ProMods on as, 1. This essentially fills up the rest of Eastern Europe covered by PM and, 2. No point messing about putting mods on if they're going to be obsoleted in a few weeks by the new DLC.
Aziz

#304 Post by Aziz » 28 Jun 2022 10:10

Given they only just announced it, I'm expecting the end of the year release at the earliest, and probably, also most likely later. They've been working on it for a while already.
OldVern

#305 Post by OldVern » 28 Jun 2022 10:52

Thanks. The advertising build up both in game and on Steam kind of gives the impression it's imminent, but I will calm my excitement for now!
clifflandmark

#306 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jun 2022 11:35

It's 2nd time I show myself in ETS forum. Could you make a request to include Greece? I've been in Datca (A peninsula which tip of it has Knidos (ancient settlement)) once.These are places alike Greece.

I assure you that it's one of the best geographies to drive in. It would be a big loss if they don't include Greece.
oldmanclippy

#307 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jun 2022 14:08

clifflandmark wrote: 28 Jun 2022 11:35 It's 2nd time I show myself in ETS forum. Could you make a request to include Greece? I've been in Datca (A peninsula which tip of it has Knidos (ancient settlement)) once.These are places alike Greece.

I assure you that it's one of the best geographies to drive in. It would be a big loss if they don't include Greece.
Greece is out of the question at this point. They've already announced all the countries (former Yugoslavia countries + Albania). It'll either come on its own or with Turkey. viewtopic.php?t=311363
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Janaff

#308 Post by Janaff » 02 Jul 2022 00:29

A small real-world topic: Croatia now looks set to join the Schengen Area (and the Eurozone) at the start of 2023:
https://vlada.gov.hr/news/croatia-can-e ... tumn/35647

Gameplay-wise, this could very well mean that the West Balkans expansion is released with border crossings between Slovenia and Croatia, that are then removed in a later update. If not, it might still be fun to see a detailed border crossing that gets slowly dismantled over time.
oggivu

#309 Post by oggivu » 02 Jul 2022 05:55

IMO this expansion will be epic. And combined with ownable fuel tankers 8-) 8-) 8-) [ external image ] [ external image ]
Aziz

#310 Post by Aziz » 02 Jul 2022 05:58

If it's an older road, why dismantle, keep the buildings etc on the side and just allow crossing without stopping, like here for example https://maps.app.goo.gl/MHCeygQmbavUtdaj6
Of course depends on what happens in real life.

Return to “General discussion about the game”