West Balkans Expansion Discussion

Eduard_Kenobi

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#911 Post by Eduard_Kenobi » 05 Dec 2022 19:36

Do you think this DLC will be released before or after March 2023?
gaillard

#912 Post by gaillard » 05 Dec 2022 19:51

After.
oldmanclippy

#914 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Dec 2022 21:04

krmarci wrote: 05 Dec 2022 20:01 @oldmanclippy VlF and Italia border each other.
Well they only have one connection, the E80. For the most part, Italia and VlF are separated by the base map. But I suppose that's sort of a gray area.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
ninjawarrior1x3

#915 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 05 Dec 2022 21:59

@oldmanclippy
In my definition, I would already consider WB an ATS sized DLC. It's marginally bigger than the likes of Colorado or Wyoming and considerably smaller than Montana. WB is also the smallest ETS2 DLC since Italia.
(Note: this is in terms of land area and does not consider the density of the road network)
Evil_Jason

#916 Post by Evil_Jason » 05 Dec 2022 22:10

oldmanclippy wrote: 05 Dec 2022 16:25

Greece I think could come as early as 2025. Either with a small part of Western Anatolia as an ATS-sized $12 DLC to be released in the same year as a $12 Northern Finland or $12 Ireland + Rest of UK, or with a more substantial part of Anatolia to be released as a normal $18 DLC. I just don't see it coming alone, it's too small.
I also can imagine Greece and at least the western 50% of Turkey and Cyprus to be as a future DLC.

Greece plus 50% Turkey plus Cyprus would be about 524.459km²

Iberia DLC is a tad larger with 598.182km²
Attachments
ETS2_Ägäis DLC.png
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
SenseFM

#917 Post by SenseFM » 05 Dec 2022 23:05

West Balkans most likely won't come before March 2023. Firstly, the blog post frequency is still pretty low. Secondly, some of the images shared in the last blog post give the impression that some parts of the map are still in a too early stage for them to be shown. The pictures of the blog show the models of various churches and mosques, but they are located in placeholder fields, not in their real-life locations yet. And thirdly, the DLC was only announced on June. In comparison, HoR was announced on March 2021, and before the reveal several pictures had been already shown on 2020's Christmas stream. 2023 Q2 or Q3 seem more likely to me.
JaDaKa

#918 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Dec 2022 06:37

Although things change, some time before the planned HoR release Pavel said they don't plan into expanding further East.
European part of Turkey is already in. Greece was meant to be a part of Western Balkans, I don't think it is really that unlikely for Greece to come on its own.

Cyprus could be also included (the EU country not the occupied part) and I believe they could change the scale in it so when people are there the map is enlarged?
Many "if's" and wishes but that way the DLC could be a bit larger and include the 3 major Cypriot cities of Nicosia, Limassol and Paphos.

One more thing regarding the "Anatolia DLC" is that I am not sure packing Greece + Turkey together is a good option, at least for the players that come from there.
Relationship between those countries is very bad, it is like publishing a "Ukraine + Russia" DLC almost.

Maybe the players wouldn't care at all, maybe they would, something for SCS to consider.

Finally if anything why have half of Turkey? Why not have it all then?
What I incline more with is two separate DLCs, Greece + Cyprus and (if we go further East) Turkey which on its own is a very large country.
Vinnie Terranova

#919 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 06 Dec 2022 08:04

Even if HoR is released there still is the problem with a huge gap in the map... Because in the near or far future we also need Ukraine and Belarus...
Adriatic Sea Team

#920 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 06 Dec 2022 08:46

I think that the only reason why Heart of Russia could be released is that West Balkans is very far away from release and they need to cover bills and payments. I'm very skeptical about the West Balkan development, six months passed since the announcement and we have seen just glimpses.

It looks like as every day passes we are more and more away from the release. :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”