West Balkans Expansion Discussion

Evil_Jason

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#511 Post by Evil_Jason » 16 Aug 2022 16:59

Maybe the marked towns will be similiar to these:

[ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
mickymike

#512 Post by mickymike » 16 Aug 2022 18:06

Image 6 location is probably around the city of Čačak

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Cpw2fRAXihBbRP396

Though it may not be the exact location, two buildings from the photo look pretty similar
oldmanclippy

#513 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Aug 2022 20:39

mickymike wrote: 16 Aug 2022 18:06 Image 6 location is probably around the city of Čačak

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Cpw2fRAXihBbRP396

Though it may not be the exact location, two buildings from the photo look pretty similar
I think that's a good lead. The leftmost of those two buildings is this one I think https://www.google.com/maps/@43.8869743 ... 660!8i2830 That's an OK match not perfect but SCS uses placeholders in these early shots. The second building would then be this smokestack: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.8859896 ... 312!8i6656 Again close but not perfect match.

I think my biggest hesitation with it is that there doesn't seem to be any bridge that fits the one in the screenshot. Then again I might have just missed such a bridge.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Adriatic Sea Team

#514 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 17 Aug 2022 07:54

@Evil_Jason Yeah, this looks real. I just don't think we will get Trieste and any other city than Ljubljana in Slovenia because compared to Kaliningrad oblast in Russia, Slovenia has a similar size and there is only one city. On the other side, it would be very interesting to see how well they fit Trieste in such a small space gap to the Slovenian border, I think even if they add Trieste it would be only scenery.

I would like to see some more dedicated blog posts about locations or something.
The_Kazoo_Meme

#515 Post by The_Kazoo_Meme » 17 Aug 2022 12:21

@Adriatic Sea Team I agree with Trieste being added as just a scenery town as it would really painful fitting Trieste in the small gap, but I feel like Maribor has to be added as its Slovenians 2nd largest city.
Kaliningrad is about 5000km2 smaller than Slovenia + is just a Russian oblast, comparable in size but not in importance.
:D
Shiva

#516 Post by Shiva » 17 Aug 2022 14:37

I'm not counting out Trieste yet.
Maybe SCS could do a Trieste that is a little bit less complicated than ProMods Trieste?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Aljaz

#517 Post by Aljaz » 17 Aug 2022 17:21

Just thinking.

Approximately 25 kilometers north of Trieste is a small coastal town called Monfalcone. There is a smaller cargo port (car terminal, silo terminal, dry bulk terminal), a coal power plant and a shipyard. The shipyard is owned by the famous Italian company Fincantieri. Some of the biggest passenger ships were built here (Wiki link: https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantiere_ ... Monfalcone). Maybe there is an option that SCS combines industries of Monfalcone and Trieste and make a single dot on the map.

[ external image ]

As I said before, I still hope SCS will include Port of Koper in WB DLC. Port offers several terminals which are located on a relatively small area. For instance, Port of Trieste and (specially) Port of Rijeka are widespreaded on much bigger area. Koper is connected with Ljubljana by 100 km long highway A1.

Koper:
[ external image ]
Ch_R0me

#518 Post by Ch_R0me » 17 Aug 2022 17:49

Aljaz wrote: 17 Aug 2022 17:21 (...)
As I said before, I still hope SCS will include Port of Koper in WB DLC. Port offers several terminals which are located on a relatively small area. For instance, Port of Trieste and (specially) Port of Rijeka are widespreaded on much bigger area. Koper is connected with Ljubljana by 100 km long highway A1.
(...)
Just like from Grimsby to Hull in UK?
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
Muks

#519 Post by Muks » 17 Aug 2022 20:06

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3

For Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zenica and Mostar will definitely be there too, i mean Zenica is one of the biggest industrial cities in BiH and it's literally placed in Central Bosnia, like right in the center.
Road from Mostar to Jablanica has been teased by SCS so yeah, it's basically confirmation that Mostar will be included
Sovereign 89

#520 Post by Sovereign 89 » 17 Aug 2022 21:23

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 16 Aug 2022 11:53 Let's guess the cities list.

Slovenia - Ljubljana (1)
Croatia - Zagreb, Rijeka, Zadar, Split, Osijek and Pula (6)
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Sarajevo, Mostar, Zenica, Banja Luka and Tuzla (5)
Serbia - Novi Sad, Beograd, Kragujevac, Čačak and Niš (5)
Montenegro - Podgorica and Bar (2)
Kosovo - Priština (1)
North Macedonia - Skopje, Bitola and Štip (3)
Albania - Tirana, Durres, Saradne and Shkoder (4)

Number of cities: 25
I'd add Maribor and Koper to Slovenia as they are also important cities. As for my country (Croatia) I'd add Dubrovnik and possibly Šibenik, Virovitica and Varaždin as small dot, or at least scenery towns. In this last category I'd also include Koprivnica, Varaždin and Senj. I explained reasons for them in the post linked in my signature.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map

Return to “General discussion about the game”