West Balkans Expansion Discussion

Aziz

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#821 Post by Aziz » 22 Nov 2022 17:11

If that crossing is about to be in the game, and it probably will because it's one of very few crossings between these two countries... SCS really didn't think of west Balkans when they did Bulgaria, did they. The western part of the country needs to be seriously rearranged if any roads towards the border are to make sense.
I know that's not gonna happen but in ideal world Sofia would be moved a bit to the east, about halfway the current distance to Pirdop, to make place for the road 8,* and Pernik would be moved northeast from just near the border where it doesn't lie IRL.

*The distance between Sofia ring and the border is about 60km. The way it's presented in the game currently makes it look like it's less than 20. Don't start with the scale, I know what 60km can feel like in game.
BASSLovah

#822 Post by BASSLovah » 23 Nov 2022 08:27

There are many important trucking routes missing from past DLCs that still haven't been added nor they will be ever. I doubt SCS will re-arrange as you're suggesting. Sofia will become a border city and that's it...
jackalnxt

#823 Post by jackalnxt » 23 Nov 2022 09:43

The problem with Sofia isn't its location but its shape: too long vertically, too thin horizontally; when in reality it should be the opposite.

I do think the distance towards the border is consistent with other parts of the map. The distance from Ruse to the T-junction towards Pleven is also around 60km, and that is basically a short road with some turns. Maybe if the map was 1:15 but oh well...
Muks

#824 Post by Muks » 23 Nov 2022 20:46

Here is my take on how Slovenia will look like

[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#825 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 Nov 2022 20:52

@Muks We know that we're getting the Pasjak Crossing between Slovenia and Croatia on E61. So I think we can rule out the Rupa crossing.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Evil_Jason

#826 Post by Evil_Jason » 23 Nov 2022 23:10

You think we might be able to see a bit of the Balkans map in version 1 47 like we can see a bit of the HoR,?
Or see some Wip and then the nearly final map parts in 1.48?
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
KoperSLO

#827 Post by KoperSLO » 23 Nov 2022 23:33

Quote removed - Don't quote images - Rule 2.3

Nah, this is quite off tbh ... From my mapping experience (Project Balkans):
A3 highway won't fit paralel with H4 motorway, it's either A3 or H4, both no way. And H4 is much more popular and used by truckers.
Bottom left is not Kranj but Koper. Again, there is a hint about Trieste coming, so chances to see Koper are minimal, but possible. Would be a big miss in terms of trucking / logisitcs importance for Slovenia etc.
Celje I'm not sure if its doable, would be surprised. Between Ljubljana and Maribor you have a hilly region called Trojane with section of tunnels, hills, viaducts, ... if you want to represent this in a proper way, or at least decent, than there is no space for Celje - probably.
Muks

#828 Post by Muks » 24 Nov 2022 10:27

KoperSLO wrote: 23 Nov 2022 23:33 Quote removed - Don't quote images - Rule 2.3

Nah, this is quite off tbh ... From my mapping experience (Project Balkans):
A3 highway won't fit paralel with H4 motorway, it's either A3 or H4, both no way. And H4 is much more popular and used by truckers.
Bottom left is not Kranj but Koper. Again, there is a hint about Trieste coming, so chances to see Koper are minimal, but possible. Would be a big miss in terms of trucking / logisitcs importance for Slovenia etc.
Celje I'm not sure if its doable, would be surprised. Between Ljubljana and Maribor you have a hilly region called Trojane with section of tunnels, hills, viaducts, ... if you want to represent this in a proper way, or at least decent, than there is no space for Celje - probably.
Wth i literally changed kranj to koper, because i made that mistake once, i probably uploaded previous version LMAO
You are probably right about A3, but for Celje i think they will find a way to fit it somehow
ninjawarrior1x3

#829 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 Nov 2022 11:58

@KoperSLO
About the other 2 roads leading out of Trieste, which one (if not both) do you think can be in the game?
In my opinion, it would depend on if Koper will be included. If so, then the H5 would be a good direct route to include. If not, then the SS14 to Kozina would be good enough (especially as we know the connection to Kozina from Croatia will be in the game).
ikeSeki

#830 Post by ikeSeki » 24 Nov 2022 16:47

In Croatia section of highway A5 between Osijek and Beli Manastir is set to open on Dec 2nd this year (25 km IRL). That will make 2,5 km long bridge Drava finally open for traffic. It is the longest bridge in Croatia, even longer then recently opened Pelješac bridge (2,4 km).

Too bad the scale is an issue in small countries,that will be an issue in areas like this new highway section.

Return to “General discussion about the game”