West Balkans Expansion Discussion

ninjawarrior1x3

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#931 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 06 Dec 2022 12:28

Aziz wrote: 06 Dec 2022 10:35 Sure, Greece + Turkey is a problem, but Serbia+Kosovo somehow isn't because there seem to be no problems with releasing both in the same pack? Please. They'll do what needs to be done geographically, either pushing Greece into WB at later date, release as standalone dlc, the smallest of them all, or combine with other countries.
My problem with having Greece and Turkey in the same DLC is not due to political issues. It's mainly because of East Thrace being included in RttBS (so that Istanbul could be included). This means that the only possible landroute between the Greek and Turkish parts of the DLC would be via the Keşan roundabout (which would be shared with RttBS) and the 1915 Çanakkale Bridge. Otherwise, you're left with ferry routes across the Aegean Sea (notably Piraeus to Izmir).

(Although I must say that this thread is turning into What should be in the Aegean DLC? 2.0)
Adriatic Sea Team

#932 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 06 Dec 2022 12:38

@Aziz Exactly as you said. They counted on Heart of Russia to be the biggest thing for ETS2 this year and it's obvious that they are trying to fill that gap now, but it can't be done.

No one knows what might happen in 2023 but I wouldn't be surprised if we not gonna see West Balkans before the second half of 2023, and I must say, it looks like SCS doesn't care at all about what "BestCommunityEver" is saying, I'm glad that West Balkans is last map expansion I'm interested in if it gets released in near future at all.
JaDaKa

#933 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Dec 2022 12:58

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 06 Dec 2022 12:38 ...I'm glad that West Balkans is last map expansion I'm interested in if it gets released in near future at all.
Well there are not many left either. But I believe a really well made N. Scandinavia and Ireland would make you interested in them as well.
Eduard_Kenobi

#934 Post by Eduard_Kenobi » 06 Dec 2022 13:26

I don't think SCS need more money. Yes, HoR make some budget problems, but they have still earnings from other DLCs, base game, from ATS, so they can live with one year gap without problems.

On my opinion, console version of ATS/ETS2 will be released sooner than HoR. But WB DLC will be soonest.
oldmanclippy

#935 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Dec 2022 14:04

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 05 Dec 2022 21:59 @oldmanclippy
In my definition, I would already consider WB an ATS sized DLC. It's marginally bigger than the likes of Colorado or Wyoming and considerably smaller than Montana. WB is also the smallest ETS2 DLC since Italia.
(Note: this is in terms of land area and does not consider the density of the road network)
Well roads and cities are what really matters, not land area anyways. I expect WB to have a similar amount of content to RttBS maybe slightly more.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Aziz

#936 Post by Aziz » 06 Dec 2022 14:22

Yes but land area strictly limits what can be put on the map. Road networks around cities in the game are much more complex than they were like 6 years ago, and that alone limits how much you can place around them. And the land itself isn't forgiving. Aside from northern Serbia and Croatia it's mostly hills and mountains.
oldmanclippy

#937 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Dec 2022 14:32

I mean the minimum amount of cities that could come is:

Slovenia - 2
Croatia - 6
B&H - 4
Montenegro - 2
Albania - 4
NM - 2
Kosovo - 1
Serbia - 4

That's 25 at minimum. Serbia, B&H, and NM will very likely have more cities than that, and there will probably be other cities sprinkled across the other countries. So we're sitting right around 30 IMO possibly even 32-33, not counting Trieste and possibly Blagoevgrad getting added to the Base Map and RttBS, respectively. Add in all the connecting roads and that's exactly what I said: similar quantity to RttBS, possibly bigger. Look at Colorado's density for proof that mountainous areas can get good density. In some ways the mountainous areas are better for density, they require less space for long flat vistas, and cut planes aren't a magical cure-all.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Aziz

#938 Post by Aziz » 06 Dec 2022 15:12

WB has one advantage. Plenty of big cities on or near the coast. Without those the numbers would go down because cities near country borders are often weirdly placed (Re: Sofia, Pernik), not leaving much space for other things. With coastline being the way it is, SCS can use as much of it as they can. Hell, with port areas they could go on, or even beyond the edge, like they did with Sardegna and Corsica back in the day.
krmarci

#939 Post by krmarci » 06 Dec 2022 15:28

JaDaKa wrote: 06 Dec 2022 06:37 Although things change, some time before the planned HoR release Pavel said they don't plan into expanding further East.
[...]
He said it in the Czech interview where he announced that the DLC is indefinitely postponed.
JaDaKa

#940 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Dec 2022 15:34

Right, thanks!

Return to “General discussion about the game”