West Balkans Expansion Discussion

Adriatic Sea Team

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#661 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 30 Sep 2022 17:50

I've just been in the map editor to check that road, and there isn't any sign with Subotica (SRB) or Szabadka (H). You may have found some signs where that should be placed but there is no text with city names. Can you take a screenshot and correct me, because I would like to see that sign? I know that there are signs showing Belgrade in Romania, Ljubljana in Italy and Austria, and Karawankentunnel also in Austria, and that's it.
gaillard

#662 Post by gaillard » 30 Sep 2022 19:51

A road sign is of no other importance than information.
Since quite a long time now it's not ANY indication that the shown city is existing as a scenic nor marked town.
Just a mention on a sign. Nothing else, ETS or ATS. Forget significance.
Adriatic Sea Team

#663 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 01 Oct 2022 06:40

I wasn't talking about confirmation about the certain cities to be included in DLC, I was talking about adding them at all, like things we had for almost every DLC released until today. I think they started adding "secret roads" in Italy of France.

Example: https://youtu.be/KLG-0NF1wOI
ninjawarrior1x3

#664 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 02 Oct 2022 11:06

@Adriatic Sea Team
Please ignore my previous comment about Subotica and that roundabout (which doesn't exist in the vanilla game after all).

Btw, I heard people talk about Pernik being a big problem to connections between RttBS and WB, but in my opinion, after looking at the map, it seems to me that Timişoara is a much bigger problem. It is located pretty much adjacent to the Serbian border, and only about half of the actual city is modelled.
To get to the E70 border crossing, you'd need like 4 ingame km of inner city ring road followed by another 1-2km (follwing the scale) to get to the border. This can get tight especially with Reşita not too far away. However, a screenshot from August inside Belgrade suggests that they may be adding this road after all.
The road leading the west would provide Timişoara with a better link to Novi Sad (and mabye Osijek), however the E671 is literally on the border itself, let alone the 2km needed to get out of Romania to the east, so I'd say that it's less likely to come.
I don't know how much of Timişoara is being altered in the process, but there has to be some sort of update here by 1.48 (or whatever the update prior to the DLC release will be) if they are including roads leading out from Timişoara.
dsf.fernando

#665 Post by dsf.fernando » 02 Oct 2022 19:47

Is Blagoevgrad viable in the current scale if Pernik seems problematic?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
oldmanclippy

#666 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Oct 2022 21:06

They should be able to add Blagoevgrad with little issue. At worst they'll have to shift it southwards which is fine by me. Pernik is only problematic for the Deve Bair border crossing which seems impossible to me given how far west they made Pernik.

[ external image ]
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Vabis22

#667 Post by Vabis22 » 03 Oct 2022 15:55

South Bulgaria is so empty
Aziz

#668 Post by Aziz » 03 Oct 2022 16:08

I've seen worse. Bulgaria is small and there are larger gaps on the map than here in the south.
Though, what just occurred to me... Pernik, right near the border? Who made that? If anything it should be just outside Sofia ring road, scale considered, not where it appears here.
Double M

#669 Post by Double M » 03 Oct 2022 17:47

Fortunately, with this dlc the south of Bulgaria will be less empty. Although there is a very big gap in the north of Romania.
ninjawarrior1x3

#670 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 03 Oct 2022 17:57

@Double M
Well, Greece is not included in this DLC. So if there isn't as much change to the south of Bulgaria, then perhaps wait until Greece comes out in its own DLC.

Return to “General discussion about the game”