cmpt

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#1961 Post by cmpt » 28 May 2023 09:31

Let me correct myself, just finish it already and release it :lol:
MACX8

#1962 Post by MACX8 » 28 May 2023 09:32

@xXCARL1992Xx
I agree with you, I don't want a half-finished DLC like Iberia, let's SCS take all the time em need to get out DLC on the best way
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game
ninjawarrior1x3

#1963 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 28 May 2023 12:48

I'm also wondering about if they'll be able to fit this location in between the Franjo Tuđman bridge and the D223. Dubrovnik's old town would be one of, if not the, most recognizable of the landmarks in the West Balkans DLC, and it would be a nice place to add a viewpoint (even though the Franjo Tuđman bridge itself might be getting one). The one doubt I have is, like almost always, the lack of space. This is perhaps the 2nd tightest area in the DLC, next to the Trieste/Koper area, in terms of borders. There is a rather small strip of land (approx. 5km long and 400m wide when taking game scale into account) for not only Dubrovnik, but the entire area east of the Pelješac bridge (and might depend on whether the Ivanica or Karasovići border crossings are used).

EDIT: I made a comment in reference to the Vrla bridge which was incorrect, hence I deleted it. I put this note here in case the conversation below confuses you
Last edited by ninjawarrior1x3 on 28 May 2023 14:23, edited 2 times in total.
Aziz

#1964 Post by Aziz » 28 May 2023 13:30

Is it though? I followed the motorway all the way from Macedonia to the intersection near Niš, and there's a bridge, two of them in fact, none represent said bridge in any way other than somewhat similar pillars. Certainly not showing the scale of the real thing.
ninjawarrior1x3

#1965 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 28 May 2023 14:18

@Aziz
Apologies, you're right. I think I might have mistaken this with another bridge to its north near Kržince.

@oldmanclippy
Also, I have found the location to #16 in in Montenegro.
oldmanclippy

#1966 Post by oldmanclippy » 29 May 2023 15:32

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 28 May 2023 12:48 I'm also wondering about if they'll be able to fit this location in between the Franjo Tuđman bridge and the D223. Dubrovnik's old town would be one of, if not the, most recognizable of the landmarks in the West Balkans DLC, and it would be a nice place to add a viewpoint (even though the Franjo Tuđman bridge itself might be getting one). The one doubt I have is, like almost always, the lack of space. This is perhaps the 2nd tightest area in the DLC, next to the Trieste/Koper area, in terms of borders. There is a rather small strip of land (approx. 5km long and 400m wide when taking game scale into account) for not only Dubrovnik, but the entire area east of the Pelješac bridge (and might depend on whether the Ivanica or Karasovići border crossings are used).
I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the final DLC cover instead of the Bay of Kotor. Both Heart of Russia and Oklahoma got different final covers compared to the ones they were announced with. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6424499 ... ?entry=ttu
SenseFM wrote: 27 May 2023 22:08 It's nice to see that some of the newest bridges will be included. And there also seems to be confirmation that bridges and rivers will also be signposted, following the standards of the Iberia DLC. It's weird that they weren't in the Austria Rework, though...

The only thing I kinda missed to see in the post is the Mostar Bridge, but I'm not sure if it's visible from the nearby truck-able roads in real life.
It should be visible from the M17 in the exterior camera at least, and they could fudge it to get a viewpoint from that road where it is visible from the interior camera.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Shiva

#1967 Post by Shiva » 30 May 2023 00:49

11/17 is Pančevački Most, Belgrad.
Didn't anyone link it, or did I miss that?

Rather, I forgot it! tobrago posted it, quite fast after the blog was up. viewtopic.php?p=1819511#p1819511
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
ninjawarrior1x3

#1968 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 30 May 2023 15:30

oldmanclippy wrote: 19 May 2023 15:27 Water Bodies (are there that many water bodies?)
Judging by the fact that Oklahoma has just got a separate Water Bodies blog, and most of the recent DLCs (bar Texas, which featured water bodies as part of a nature blog) have also had separate Water Bodies blogs, I don't see why they can't do one for WB. Here are some that they could feature (every country is featured at some point):

Rivers:
-Danube
-Sava
-Drina
-Morava rivers
-Bosnia
-Vrbas
-Neretva
-Morača
-Drin
-Vardar

Lakes & Reservoirs:
-Ohrid
-Shkodra
-Other smaller lakes & reservoirs (e.g. Plitvice, Fjerza)

Finally, there's the Adriatic Sea itself with its bays (e.g. Bay of Kotor) and Dalmatian Coastline.
Of course, SCS doesn't need to include all of them, but surely that's enough content for a blog, right?
Adriatic Sea Team

#1969 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 30 May 2023 21:23

What do you guys think, will there be another blog in a week or two or we will wait for the whole month again?
Muks

#1970 Post by Muks » 30 May 2023 21:32

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 30 May 2023 15:30
oldmanclippy wrote: 19 May 2023 15:27 Water Bodies (are there that many water bodies?)
Judging by the fact that Oklahoma has just got a separate Water Bodies blog, and most of the recent DLCs (bar Texas, which featured water bodies as part of a nature blog) have also had separate Water Bodies blogs, I don't see why they can't do one for WB. Here are some that they could feature (every country is featured at some point):

Rivers:
-Danube
-Sava
-Drina
-Morava rivers
-Bosnia
-Vrbas
-Neretva
-Morača
-Drin
-Vardar

Lakes & Reservoirs:
-Ohrid
-Shkodra
-Other smaller lakes & reservoirs (e.g. Plitvice, Fjerza)

Finally, there's the Adriatic Sea itself with its bays (e.g. Bay of Kotor) and Dalmatian Coastline.
Of course, SCS doesn't need to include all of them, but surely that's enough content for a blog, right?
They already kinda showed Neretva in first blogs, when they showed the road from Jablanica to Mostar (bridge photos)
Now they need to show river "Bosna" for Bosnia and Herzegovina, they can show for example road from Doboj to Zenica, i would show old city called Vranduk and river too should be visible :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”