West Balkans, the forgotten dlc..
gaillard

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#842 Post by gaillard » 25 Nov 2022 19:46

Sure.
Vinnie Terranova

#843 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 25 Nov 2022 23:24

It actually is quite normal that when a new map DLC is announced we don't get a lot of blogs. It usually just takes some time before the blogs are starting to kick in.
VirtualTruckTravels

#844 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 26 Nov 2022 00:35

It has been like six months since WB was disclosed to be the next DLC, if there is nothing new to show by now something has gone wrong. Instead we get a blog post about next ATS map dlc one week after the latest was released, so i dont buy the arguement that it takes some time for blogs to kick in, we are way past that point. When Texas was released pretty much everybody was sure now the WB blogs starts, but no only more ATS blogs. Pretty frustrating to be ETS2 player last year or so, actually i am sure Scs will eventually see a downclimb of sales because fans (me included) is finding other games to play that actually receives content at a consistent pace, and not only small cosmetic stuff but actually involve real content and new gameplay features (Hello FS22).
The Torgo

#845 Post by The Torgo » 26 Nov 2022 03:40

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 25 Nov 2022 23:24 It actually is quite normal that when a new map DLC is announced we don't get a lot of blogs. It usually just takes some time before the blogs are starting to kick in.
pretty much this, like it or not
Adriatic Sea Team

#846 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 26 Nov 2022 08:11

@VirtualTruckTravels Yeah, in less than two weeks it will be six months since the official announcement. Real expectations for release are around the same time when Iberia was released, let's say mid of April, but with the current blog post frequency, it looks like we will have to wait for a year or two.

And this reminds me of something, I watched an interview with Pavel when the situation escalated in Ukraine, and he said that they are working on DLC for 2023/24, so what I think happened is that West Balkans is more complicated than they think it is, due to scale and all other stuff so they choose a bit quiet a way of promoting it with avoiding to give us predictions when will DLC be released. And since they go quiet with West Balkans, they just made a choice to milk ATS until they are ready to show us West Balkans.

If I'm correct in three weeks there will be a Xmas stream, I really hope that West Balkans will finally get all attention because at this point SCS looks like they are afraid of this DLC.
SenseFM

#847 Post by SenseFM » 26 Nov 2022 10:02

It's been just a bit more than a month since the last blog post. Aren't the first blog posts about a DLC roughly once in a month? (And when I say roughly I mean that they can be separated by 3 to 6 weeks) I believe it's likely we'll have a blog post in the next days. From what we've seen there's probably not a lot of areas they can show in a finished state in the current state of development, since several of the churches and mosques from the last blog post were located in the middle of fields, not on their real locations.
oldmanclippy

#848 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Nov 2022 15:55

We didn't get twice-a-month Heart of Russia blogs until October, 7 months after the official announcement. West Balkans is only 5 months removed from its official announcement. I see no issue here.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
gaillard

#849 Post by gaillard » 26 Nov 2022 19:43

I see no issue until they announce a delivery date.
Until then it's what comes is OK, otherwise there's nothing to say.
Don't misunderstand me, I'd like this DLC, more than I wished Baltics or East Balkans, but it comes when it's ready... And info comes when needed.

Now, if someone wants to speculate, yeah, it's OK too, but worthless.strpljenje
Shiva

#850 Post by Shiva » 27 Nov 2022 12:23

Ain't it usually quieter around other map DLC's, around the latest map DLC release.
I still count it as Texas time.
But that might change, either today, or in a few days.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”