West Balkans Expansion Discussion

ninjawarrior1x3

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#1611 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 31 Mar 2023 10:45

@Shiva
Apparently there was an asset made for a church in Osijek found in the files somewhere...
Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 15 Mar 2023 16:50 Osijek (HR) and Pančevo (SRB) Confirmed
Adding Osijek before the completion of the irl A5 would make some journeys to/from there more indirect for a while, but I guess that's the decision SCS made.
oldmanclippy

#1612 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 Mar 2023 10:53

I'd rather have it and be a pain temporarily then have to wait for the A5 to be finished IRL to get the city too, personally.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Sovereign 89

#1613 Post by Sovereign 89 » 31 Mar 2023 11:57

Shiva wrote: 31 Mar 2023 02:31 Sovereign 89, if Pula is in, then it will not have a direct road connection to Koper.

Are blue scenery?
Regarding red, Osijek, I suspect wont be in. Slavonski Brod, that might be.
Yes, that's probably true. Only eastern part of Istrian Epsilon will be represented. However, I still feel that in the future we might get connection to Koper as well, although that will be quite tricky because of scale.

Blue are cities/towns which I consider as being highly relevant, and that as such could come as marked cities, at least as small dots. In worst case scenario they should be scenics with remote depots.
Osijek must be in one way or the other, because it is largest easternmost city of Croatia, and Slavonski Brod can fit in there also 'cause it is far enough from other major cities and right next to important highway.
ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 31 Mar 2023 10:45 @Shiva
Apparently there was an asset made for a church in Osijek found in the files somewhere...
Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 15 Mar 2023 16:50 Osijek (HR) and Pančevo (SRB) Confirmed
Adding Osijek before the completion of the irl A5 would make some journeys to/from there more indirect for a while, but I guess that's the decision SCS made.
True, I must have missed that, but that just confirms Osijek coming at release of dlc, which is logical given how it is fourth largest city in my country.
oldmanclippy wrote: 31 Mar 2023 10:53 I'd rather have it and be a pain temporarily then have to wait for the A5 to be finished IRL to get the city too, personally.
Yeah, it would still be better that way, then not having a city at all.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
ninjawarrior1x3

#1614 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 31 Mar 2023 12:05

@Sovereign 89
Well, try not to get yourself disappointed when the map is revealed and not everything you want is included. Plus, if the SCS won't add certain roads/cities, then perhaps ProMods might try to squeeze it in (if that's physically possible).
Sovereign 89

#1615 Post by Sovereign 89 » 31 Mar 2023 12:24

I won't, because I'm counting with a lot of stuff being left out, but still enough of it can be fitted in. SCS has showed many times by now they can fit quite a lot of stuff in small areas. And yes, there's promods too.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
Shiva

#1616 Post by Shiva » 31 Mar 2023 19:19

ninjawarrior1x3, church in Osijek in gamefiles? Very nice! if it comes.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
IvanKuz

#1617 Post by IvanKuz » 31 Mar 2023 20:59

@oldmanclippy Why is #10 marked as inconclusive? Seems pretty conclusive to me...

An example of inconclusive would be the following:

#14 appears to be somewhere on road M5 going along the southern edge of Sarajevo, facing east. If you "drive" along it on Mapillary, I think the screenshot captures its look fairly well, given the shape of the lamp posts, the style of buildings on the right, the curvature of the road and scenery in the back. However, I could not find the exact matching location (the closest I've got is this - although admittedly it looks less fitting on Google). Perhaps the screenshot is somewhat fictionalized and not explicitly based on any specific stretch of the road. Or perhaps I'm just wrong.
oldmanclippy

#1618 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 Mar 2023 21:10

IvanKuz wrote: 31 Mar 2023 20:59 @oldmanclippy Why is #10 marked as inconclusive? Seems pretty conclusive to me...

An example of inconclusive would be the following:

#14 appears to be somewhere on road M5 going along the southern edge of Sarajevo, facing east. If you "drive" along it on Mapillary, I think the screenshot captures its look fairly well, given the shape of the lamp posts, the style of buildings on the right, the curvature of the road and scenery in the back. However, I could not find the exact matching location (the closest I've got is this - although admittedly it looks less fitting on Google). Perhaps the screenshot is somewhat fictionalized and not explicitly based on any specific stretch of the road. Or perhaps I'm just wrong.
That was a mistake, I just didn't drag it to the Discovered category, I meant for it to be there. Thanks for pointing that out.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
ninjawarrior1x3

#1619 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 02 Apr 2023 08:29

Apparently, everything said in here yesterday was moved to another Topic. However, I just checked and the hidden roads I was referring to yesterday are still there so I will just copy everything I said onto this discussion so that I can prove this is not actually an April Fool:

Warning! Heavy spoilers ahead!

Before we start, I suspect that the following areas have been revealed as a part of a minor patch in the 1.47 Open Beta. I did not recognize any of these areas from looking at the hidden roads map last time.

Osijek
Osijek is a new city which will feature a power station, some industries near a railway line and a domestic airport to its southwest.
There could also be some deliverable destination to the east of Osijek (possibly its port on the Drava?) but it's not visible to us.
D2 connects directly onto the A5 where it appears the A5 is blocked heading north while there is no sign of the D2 continuing further west.

Eastern Slavonia & Northern Srpska
Outside of Osijek, the A5 continues southward to the Sredanci interchange (where it meets the A3) and past that, over the Sava into Bosnia & Herzegovina.
The A3 can be traceable as far west as Slavonski Brod (likely an unmarked town) where a petrol station is.
To the east, it ends in a forest, leaving quite a bit of space for the Batrovci Border Crossing.

In Bosnia, the A5 becomes the A1 and the section of M-17 between Odzak and Grapska Donja was completely skipped as if the parallel section of the A1 had already been completed (cheeky!)
At Grapska Donja, there is an interchange with the "9th January" motorway which crosses the river Bosnia and heads west in the direction of Banja Luka.

Nis, Vranje and Southeastern Serbia
A new section of Nis recently became visible.
You would pass by a shopping centre and an archeological site on the way to either an electrical substation or past that to some metal industry area.

In other news, the entire missing section of the A1 between Nis and Vranje became visible.
Starting in the North, you can exit onto Road 35 which leads through Prokuplje (of which, a Car factory is visible next to a segment of the Toplica river) towards the border with Kosovo.
Continuing further South, you'll encounter more mountainous terrain as you follow the South Morava into a valley.
There's a few bridges and a tunnel in this area which you'll pass through.

Eventually, you'll find another exit just before the border with North Macedonia which leads you into Vranje (which is now visible) where you can deliver to a factory.

Gradsko
Finally, we have an area which SCS has already shown on a blog. The exit near Gradsko in North Macedonia.
As implied by the barriers which can be found at this exit, the A1 south of Gradsko will not be featured in the WB DLC (you'll likely have to wait until Greece is finished in order to drive here).

I have updated my map accordingly.
Last edited by ninjawarrior1x3 on 02 Apr 2023 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
BRCKHMPTN

#1620 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 02 Apr 2023 09:40

Nice!! Woah are trucks supposed to use this lane at this toll? :lol: The wider one is closed apparently, that's super tight though ahah

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”