West Balkans Expansion Discussion

tobrago

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#481 Post by tobrago » 13 Aug 2022 22:41

oldmanclippy wrote: 13 Aug 2022 20:45Pic 3 Adriatic Sea Team: Bogoslovija neighborhood in Belgrade, Serbia
This is incorrect! It is not a neighborhood in Belgrade. It is a roundabout in Belgrade, and it got its name "Bogoslovija" because of the Faculty of Theology. Trucks with semi-trailers are also prohibited in that part, of course they have to have a permit to pass through there. It is most likely that SCS used the old transit through Belgrade. I know what I'm writing to you because I live in Belgrade and I worked as a taxi driver in Belgrade.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Shiva

#482 Post by Shiva » 14 Aug 2022 08:27

Yeah, it is not a truck thru route.
But if there is some construction etc, then ok, right?
Could it be that SCS has modeled the Omladinski Stadion bus station + maybe a company there, preferably construction?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Adriatic Sea Team

#483 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 14 Aug 2022 08:44

Hey man, I'm from Serbia too and I've been passing this location like hundred times, it's ok for people to don't understand what this location is. Most important thing is that we have found the exact location so that we can continue "making map". Anyway, let's play a small game to kill some time, let's try to guess the exact date and title of the next WB blog post, ok? My guess is 24th, tittle will be West Balkans: Albania
tobrago

#484 Post by tobrago » 14 Aug 2022 09:20

And I agree if it's a construction site. Trucks are allowed to transport fuel there, because there are three gas stations, Nis, Eko, and a private gas filling station "Kryogas". BMW Radulović is also located there, and it is possible that SCS plans to transport cars. There used to be big companies there, but now they are gone. The "Bogoslovija" roundabout was once important for transit to Pančevo and the Port of Belgrade. Now the transit goes over the bridge "Mihajlo Pupin" which is located between the three settlements of Zemun, Kovilovo and Borča. And it is now the main transit to Pančevo.

@Adriatic Sea Team

[en]
Well, precisely because of their ignorance, I want to help. Bro only those predictions are missing. :lol:
For your information, I pass by there every day for my work
When the SCS decides, it will then publish the next post about the Western Balkans.

[srb]
Pa baš zbog njihovog neznanja ja hoću da pomognem. Brate samo ta predviđanja nedostaju. :lol:
Za tvoju informaciju ja prolazim tuda svaki dan zbog mog posla.
SCS kad odluči on će tada i objaviti sledeći post o Zapadnom Balkanu.

oldmanclippy

#485 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Aug 2022 13:54

tobrago wrote: 13 Aug 2022 22:41 This is incorrect! It is not a neighborhood in Belgrade. It is a roundabout in Belgrade, and it got its name "Bogoslovija" because of the Faculty of Theology. Trucks with semi-trailers are also prohibited in that part, of course they have to have a permit to pass through there. It is most likely that SCS used the old transit through Belgrade. I know what I'm writing to you because I live in Belgrade and I worked as a taxi driver in Belgrade.
It being a roundabout is clear from the screenshot, but is Bogoslovija not also the name of the neighborhood? I find it difficult to believe this Wikipedia page is entirely fictional: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogoslovija,_Belgrade

Even Serbian Wikipedia has a page for it, and the literal translation to English of градска подчетврт is city sub-district, which means neighborhood.
https://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0 ... %B0%D0%B4) The Serbian page is very clearly not a translated copy of the English page either, so it must have been written independently by someone who knows the language.

I do not mean to question your knowledge of your home city as surely you know it better than anyone else on this forum, so can you please explain why these Wikipedia pages are false? Or why my understanding of them is incorrect?

On that topic, Belgrade might be the city I am most excited for in West Balkans. Fascinating mixture of history, architecture, road network, and industry.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
tobrago

#486 Post by tobrago » 14 Aug 2022 14:40

As I wrote, it cannot be in a "neighborhood in Belgrade". Why is that strange to you, since it is not the first time that Wikipedia has made a mistake. It is enough to write "Bogoslovija" in Belgrade.
which means neighborhood
My simple question, where does your neighbor live?

But all that is irrelevant, but I had to point out the mistakes. And don't take this as an insult or anything personal, we're here to make the game as close to the real world as possible.

Check out this link it has nothing to do with what you and I communicate about, but it has to do with communication, translation.

Greeting ;)

Adriatic Sea Team

#487 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 14 Aug 2022 14:53

@tobrago

( GB ) Yeah I know you are right, it just looks like you are losing patience while explaining something to people :D

( SRB ) Počinje da mi bude vrlo interesantno razmišljanje kako će uraditi prezentaciju bivših Jugoslovenskih republika, tačnije koliko će precizno da objasne ljudima važnost lokacija, šta proizvode i tako dalje. Naprimer siguran sam da će ubaciti Kragujevac zbog FIAT-ove fabrike i nekako mi je neobično da ćemo narednih par meseci mi biti fokus celoj zajednici. Siguran sam oko jedne stvari, novi Calais (F) - Duisburg (D) će biti kanjon Morače.
oldmanclippy

#488 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Aug 2022 15:05

tobrago wrote: 14 Aug 2022 14:40 As I wrote, it cannot be in a "neighborhood in Belgrade". Why is that strange to you, since it is not the first time that Wikipedia has made a mistake. It is enough to write "Bogoslovija" in Belgrade.
which means neighborhood
My simple question, where does your neighbor live?

But all that is irrelevant, but I had to point out the mistakes. And don't take this as an insult or anything personal, we're here to make the game as close to the real world as possible.

Check out this link it has nothing to do with what you and I communicate about, but it has to do with communication, translation.

Greeting ;)
What do you think neighborhood means in English? Why does it not apply to Bogoslovija? If you can explain why it doesn't, great, if you can't, then why not? I don't live in Belgrade but you do, so you need to use your words to explain what you mean.

In English, neighborhood just means a sub-district of a city. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is only a place where residences are. Businesses, parks, squares, streets, etc can all be part of a neighborhood in its English usage. It's just a way of giving a place name to a part of a city.

This is an english langauge forum. Bogoslovija just means Bogoslovija in English, it's a place name. We have to use the word roundabout or neighborhood or whatever noun you think applies to explain what we mean to people who have never heard of it, which I'm sure is 99% of people who will read these posts. It's the same as if I was talking about Paddington train station in London. People in London don't call it "Paddington train station", they call it "Paddington", but most people outside London don't know what Paddington means, so we refer to it as "Paddington, a train station in London". Why would Bogoslovija be any different?

I can't just write "Bogoslovija" on my screenshot discovery summaries because no one knows what that means unless they know about Belgrade. Which is very few people on this forum.
Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 14 Aug 2022 14:53 @tobrago

( GB ) Yeah I know you are right, it just looks like you are losing patience while explaining something to people :D
Maybe you can explain why tobrago is right, because tobrago has not explained that yet.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 14 Aug 2022 15:21, edited 7 times in total.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
plykkegaard

#489 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Aug 2022 15:07

tobrago wrote: 14 Aug 2022 14:40 My simple question, where does your neighbor live?
In the same neighborhood (area / district)
The word is probably not translated correct

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
tobrago

#490 Post by tobrago » 14 Aug 2022 15:48

In English, neighborhood
When you write "neighborhood" in Google Translate, it translates "komšiluk" in Serbian. The same applies when I want to translate from Serbian to English komšiluk ---> neighborhood

sub-district
When you write "sub-district" in Google Translate, it translates "pod-okrug" in Serbian. The same applies when I want to translate from Serbian to English pod-okrug ---> sub-district. You must admit that both these examples are different. I don't think there is any need for further explanation. I think we have already choked up the post enough.

And to repeat myself as I wrote to you, it is enough to write "Bogoslovija" in Belgrade or just "Bogoslovija".

@plykkegaard Yes, that is true, and the translation on Wikipedia is also bad, but that is why it cannot be explained to individual forum members.

Return to “General discussion about the game”