Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

JaDaKa

Re: Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

#51 Post by JaDaKa » 10 Jun 2022 18:10

Yeah it is mostly about playing it as safe as possible and avoid any potential setbacks :D

My main idea though is that smaller DLCs could be better for SCS (extra funds, shorter release time).
Ch_R0me

#52 Post by Ch_R0me » 11 Jun 2022 10:53

JaDaKa wrote: 10 Jun 2022 18:10 (...)

My main idea though is that smaller DLCs could be better for SCS (extra funds, shorter release time).
Perhaps. While I wouldn't like a decrease in content, lower price would compensate it enough for me (seriously, I feel pushed off right now by needing to pay 65 PLN for a DLC map, since I don't get much in terms of funds atm).
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
Erzurumlu_Oguz

#53 Post by Erzurumlu_Oguz » 14 Jun 2022 14:17

They will release HoR next year. I don't think they will release a second DLC with HoR. Because 1 year passed without a map. They have a ready map. I don't think it will be delayed for 10 years. I don't think your war will last that long.

If I have to tell my opinion about the map of Turkiye and Greece, I do not expect such maps for the first two years. Next year it could be HoR, the second year it could be Ireland, Iceland or Ukraine, Moldova.

There are some points I should mention about Turkiye. There are 30 metropolitan cities. Two of them are on the map with Road to Black Sea (Istanbul and Tekirdag).
The remaining 28 metropolitan cities; Kocaeli, Sakarya, Bursa, Balikesir, Manisa, Izmir, Aydin, Mugla, Denizli, Antalya, Eskisehir, Ankara, Mersin, Adana, Hatay, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mardin, Van, Erzurum, Konya, Kahramanmaras, Diyarbakir, Malatya, Kayseri, Trabzon, Ordu and Samsun.
In addition, there are a few cities in Turkiye that come to the fore due to some of their characteristics, although they do not have metropolitan status. Zonguldak (energy), Karabuk (iron-steel), Sivas (located on the historical Silk Road route), Aksaray (Turkey's role as a junction on the road route and Mercedes - Benz Truck factory).

Previously, 2 metropolitans came with another DLC. With 28 metropolitan cities + 4 special cities, there will be 32 cities in a new DLC. I do not think that Rhodes and Corfu island will come out of Greece. Even if 15 cities come from this country, they make 47 cities. This number is less than the number of cities on the map of Iberia. There are 51 cities on the Iberian map.

I think there will be at least 40 cities on the Western Balkan map. We haven't seen the HoR map, but I think this map also has at least 40 cities. That's why Greece + Turkiye map may come. (in my own opinion to arrive completely in both countries). I also think that the island of Cyprus will not come with a DLC, but with an update like the island of Corsica and Sardinia.

Euro Truck Simulator
Based: Istanbul
Truck: Renault T

American Truck Simulator
Based: San Diego
Truck: Western Star 49x

Erzurumlu_Oguz

#54 Post by Erzurumlu_Oguz » 14 Jun 2022 15:01

In addition, there are roads on the Turkey map that can attract attention and even be busy in multiplayer mode. 3 of them are Antalya - Mersin road, Erzurum - Diyarbakır road and Erzurum - Trabzon road (The first and third roads are one of the most dangerous roads in the world).

On the other hand, there are ferry services from Izmir - Athens, Samsun and Trabzon to Ukraine. Also, if the island of Cyprus comes out, there are ferry services from Antalya and Mersin to Cyprus.
On highways, the highway, which is called D-100 in Turkey and whose international name is E-80, starts from Lisbon and ends in Erzurum. In addition, the historical Silk Road connection of this road is made with the E-88. If we start from the cities I mentioned in my comment above, it is the road to Ankara, Sivas and Erzurum.
There are Edirne - Şanlıurfa, Kocaeli - Aydın roads as highways. As the international road network, E-80, E-88, E-90 (from Çanakkale bridge connection - Eskişehir), E-70, E-77, E-881, E-90 (Mardin - Mersin road), E-99, E -87 and E-96 highways are available (I may have forgotten).
In Turkey, the roads are; D-950, D-010 and D-400. While the first two roads have international road connections, it is a north-south directional road. The third road, which is the east-west axis road, connects Mersin and Antalya.

Euro Truck Simulator
Based: Istanbul
Truck: Renault T

American Truck Simulator
Based: San Diego
Truck: Western Star 49x

oldmanclippy

#55 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 Jun 2022 14:43

E-80 also continues on from Erzurum to the border with Iran at Gürbulak. There it hands off to Asia Highway 1, which runs concurrently with E80 through Turkey. Then AH1 runs all the way through Iran, Afghanistan (well as much as it can right now), Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, India again, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, North Korea (starting to see the real-world limiations of the usefulness of this route :lol:), South Korea, and finally Japan via ferry. So Lisbon to Tokyo via E80 and AH1 is almost 25,000km. At 1:19 scale, that would take over 16 hours at 80kph. Or about 3.5 times as long as it currently takes us to drive from Lisbon to St. Petersburg. Maybe someday...
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
plykkegaard

#56 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jun 2022 16:17

I wonder how many working hours it'll cost to create

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
JaDaKa

#57 Post by JaDaKa » 15 Jun 2022 16:28

I don't know it would be huge... I really hope it gets broken down so we don't get a huge delay on Greece...

It was meant to be part of the Balkans DLC. I do understand and accept the compromise of cutting it to release the West Balkans DLC sooner due to the circumstances but I certainly want to have it in my game soon.
Adding Turkey and making it as large as the Iberia DLC would make it so long.
oldmanclippy

#58 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 Jun 2022 16:32

Road to the Black Sea for comparison was over 10,000km, so even if SCS woke up in a manic frenzy one day and decided to just beeline for Tokyo from Istanbul we're looking at about 2 RttBS's worth of road miles, plus a metric ton of research overhead for all the new countries, plus absolutely massive cities that probably have a combined population rivaling Europe itself. If they were able to finish such a project in 5 years I'd be shocked.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JaDaKa

#59 Post by JaDaKa » 15 Jun 2022 16:40

Has a thread for Turkey opened up? There has been one for Greece where SCS was asking for data etc back in 2019.

It would be nice but I can't see the asian part of Turkey being added; not anytime soon.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#60 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 15 Jun 2022 18:47

@JaDaKa we already have a thread about Asian Part of Turkey

viewtopic.php?t=279027
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood

Return to “General discussion about the game”