Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

Aziz

Re: Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

#41 Post by Aziz » 09 Jun 2022 12:09

oldmanclippy wrote: 08 Jun 2022 22:00 @JaDaKa I suppose that could cause problems by requiring RttBS to access both parts of the Aegean DLC without fast travel.
Wouldn't that be the case if HoR arrived? There's no direct connection to the base map. Even Sankt Petersburg, if it had a ferry connection to Germany or whatever, is part of Baltic dlc.
In any case that would be the reality we'd have to face sooner or later.
Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 09 Jun 2022 11:10 I think something along the likes of this would be a realistic guess. It could include 25 cities in total, which is generally the nr. of cities SCS have in their DLCs, 11 in Greece (inc. 2 on Crete and 1 in Rodos), 11 in western Turkey and 3 in Cyprus. And it could be called something like an Eastern Mediterranean DLC. Also it's overall size would be roughly the same as Iberia, maybe even a bit smaller. I would be pretty satisfied with it.
[img snip]
I think that's the problem. Iberia sized dlc with Italia dlc city count. SCS is moving into larger and larger countries as they are going away from central Europe, and they have to keep them interesting. Large chunks of road with nothing on them, no matter how pretty the views are, aren't that. Your own proposal, O-5 between Izmir and Bursa. You could easily fit two or three cities near that road. Forget the old trend of big cities only, small towns are equally enjoyable. Let's put more of them too.
oldmanclippy

#42 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Jun 2022 13:50

Aziz wrote: 09 Jun 2022 12:09 Wouldn't that be the case if HoR arrived? There's no direct connection to the base map. Even Sankt Petersburg, if it had a ferry connection to Germany or whatever, is part of Baltic dlc.
In any case that would be the reality we'd have to face sooner or later.
Greece + Turkey would be different, because the DLC itself would be split in half by another DLC. With Beyond the Baltic Sea, once you're in the area of the DLC you don't need to drive through any other DLC to get to another part of BtBS, from Finland to Lithuania for example you don't have to drive through Scandinavia.

On the topic of DLC size, I wouldn't have a problem paying $11.99 for just Greece personally. It'd be a similar level of content to Idaho, probably more. The difference is that the ETS2 fanbase is used to paying $18.99 and equivalents for massive DLCs. To have to pay still 63% the price for ~45% of the content will be a tough pill to swallow for some, especially Greeks who hoped to see their country come with the $18.99 West Balkans DLC for no additional cost. I wouldn't blame them for feeling like WB was divvied up to get more revenue. I think it's fair and expected that SCS would do that to make up for lost revenue from HoR and like I said I think Greece + Crete would be worth $11.99 on its own, but this is a fanbase not accustomed to paying ATS prices for ATS-sized content.

The points made about the Greece/Turkey flags being used together in promotional material potentially being an issue is a good point. And adding Cyprus to a Greece-only DLC would only make things worse. Plus the issue of the DLC being divided in half by RttBS without adding a fictional ferry. So I'm now leaning towards a Greece+Crete DLC. Leave Anatolia for its own DLC after Northern Norway/Sweden/Finland and Ireland. Seems like the least risky and quickest path forward.

Maybe if SCS defies expectations and starts the UK rework next instead of Switzerland, we could get 2 small DLCs in a row after West Balkans: Island of Ireland and Greece. If SCS has already been working on the UK, then they could maybe fast track certain parts of the country to prioritize making the Ireland DLC accessible with newer roads, then work on the rest of the UK after Ireland releases. I don't think that's a particularly good idea, but it's a way to get Greece out the door on its own without holding up the production line.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JaDaKa

#43 Post by JaDaKa » 09 Jun 2022 14:13

I like that idea. However I believe that similarly with the Austria rework which preceded the Western Balkans DLC, the UK should precede an Ireland release?
UK is the worst area of the game, I have only visited like 4-5 places while I have completed hundreds of hours in ETS2.

I believe they must have already done some progress in it as Balkans was the next DLC anyhow and Greece was removed down the line.
krmarci

#44 Post by krmarci » 09 Jun 2022 17:05

I think it would be theoretically possible to make the Greek and the Turkish part have a single connecting road. The solution is the Kesan roundabout.

If that roundabout is available if you own either DLC, you could use it with RttBS when going from Edirne to Tekirdag, or you could use it with the Aegean Sea DLC when going from Greece to Canakkale.

It wouldn't exactly make a balanced DLC, but it would be theoretically possible.
Ch_R0me

#45 Post by Ch_R0me » 09 Jun 2022 18:44

krmarci wrote: 09 Jun 2022 17:05 I think it would be theoretically possible to make the Greek and the Turkish part have a single connecting road. The solution is the Kesan roundabout.

If that roundabout is available if you own either DLC, you could use it with RttBS when going from Edirne to Tekirdag, or you could use it with the Aegean Sea DLC when going from Greece to Canakkale.

It wouldn't exactly make a balanced DLC, but it would be theoretically possible.
I had to find that spot on OpenStreetMap (https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/ ... 623/27.444).

Looks plausible to be honest, yet... I think that let save it for separate DLC's (that is: connection with Istanbul and the surrounding cities in RttBS, and Turkish DLC). Still, I would opt in with Athens - Izmir ferry as well if both DLC's would see the day.

I would agree with @oldmanclippy's approach - first SCS (after doing WB and HoR) should look up to finish up the "Nothern Reaches" DLC (Ireland + Iceland + Norther parts of Norway, Sweden and Finland), then the "Aegean Sea" DLC (Greece with Crete), and then "Anatolia" DLC (Asian part of Turkey, that is - rest of it).
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
JaDaKa

#46 Post by JaDaKa » 09 Jun 2022 18:55

Isn't it true though that UK rework should be completed before "Northern Reaches". Wouldn't UK look even worse with a brand new Ireland next to it?
Ch_R0me

#47 Post by Ch_R0me » 09 Jun 2022 19:06

JaDaKa wrote: 09 Jun 2022 18:55 Isn't it true though that UK rework should be completed before "Northern Reaches". Wouldn't UK look even worse with a brand new Ireland next to it?
Yeah, you just reminded me, why I tend not to drive there in the first place. :(
Personal Truck Wishlist:

JaDaKa

#48 Post by JaDaKa » 09 Jun 2022 19:12

Ch_R0me wrote: 09 Jun 2022 19:06 Yeah, you just reminded me, why I tend not to drive there in the first place. :(
Same here :) .. Played some hundreds of hours of ETS2 only visited 4-5 places in UK.. :roll:
Ch_R0me

#49 Post by Ch_R0me » 09 Jun 2022 19:22

JaDaKa wrote: 09 Jun 2022 19:12
Ch_R0me wrote: 09 Jun 2022 19:06 Yeah, you just reminded me, why I tend not to drive there in the first place. :(
Same here :) .. Played some hundreds of hours of ETS2 only visited 4-5 places in UK.. :roll:
Managed to visit all the cities within UK available. Yet - an Austria like rework would be badly required. Too many generic junctions and roundabouts, too big and quite difficult to understand the road marks, Dover Train Station could use a better roads as well...

But that's for a UK Discussion.
Personal Truck Wishlist:

worldisblack

#50 Post by worldisblack » 10 Jun 2022 14:01

JaDaKa wrote: 09 Jun 2022 09:13 c) Releasing a DLC with a Greek and Turkish flag side by side wouldn't please either the Greek or the Turkish playerbase.
As a part of Turkish playerbase, i must say that its not a problem for me to see Greek and Turkish flags aside. Its such a beautiful country and i hope i can visit Greece one day, maybe a Greek island (if our economy is not gonna drown :lol: ).

But of course i cannot speak on behalf of whole Turkish player community, this is only my ideas.
Çukurova Logistics TB site: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP site: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

Return to “General discussion about the game”