Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

worldisblack

Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

#1 Post by worldisblack » 06 Jun 2022 05:17

Hello everyone, i hope this is the right way to start a discussion.

Now we know that Greece will not include in the WB. And we have two options about Greece: standalone DLC with Cyprus, or Greece+Cyprus+Western Turkey (at least). As a Turkish person, its a big hope for me to see more of Turkey in future. And i wonder your thoughts about this possible expansion, and maybe we can see some concept maps about it too. :)
Çukurova Logistics TB site: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP site: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892
Some newbie driver

Re: Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Jun 2022 09:37

Greece + the Anatolian part of Turkey. So, not reaching at all Syrian border (unless they cease to be an active war zone) nor other "hot spots" on eastern Turkey. As, by size, that would be already a big DLC, they could avoid any controversy without releasing something weird. No idea about how they will consider Cyprus.

Regards
morbidangel85

#3 Post by morbidangel85 » 06 Jun 2022 10:06

@ Some newbie driver

The eastern part of Turkey is Anatolia as well, it's called Eastern Anatolia. I don't see a reason not having those areas in the game. A Turkish user might correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any "hot spots" there. Releasing an incomplete Turkey would be weirder than including Eastern and Southeastern Anatolia.Just my two cents...
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Jun 2022 11:14

@morbid I used the Anatolia word as like in this map the Wiki showcases: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolia I didn't really entered more in detail on the different places that could be considered Anatolia too.

My apologies if not entirely correct.

Whatever, eastern part of Turkey has borders that are active warzones (Syria); active-hell-of-post-warzones (Iraq), disputed lands (affairs with Kurds) and zones with a very tainted relation due events of the past (Armenian border). Would SCS avoid all or most of those places, it wouldn't left so much than it seems. So, there's need to go there? Considering the west part of Anatolia + Greece would be a DLC bigger than Iberia and it's where most of the population of Turkey lives? No, not really; SCS has no need to go map that zone on a mid-term future IMHO.

In 5 years or so we can keep talking about it, see how things had gone IRL, how SCS would had been behave and change our points of view. But with the info we have now and how's the world going so far; SCS has several other better places from where to release DLC (but indeed, they are running out of non-controversial zones if Russia scenario doesn't calm down).

Regards
Evil_Jason

#5 Post by Evil_Jason » 06 Jun 2022 11:24

I can see the following content:
Geece mainland + Crete: 128.750km²
Cyprus: 9.251km²
Western half of Turkey on the Asian continent: 391.780km² --> entire Turkey in the Asian continent would be 759.800km² - the European part is only 23.764 km²

The Aegean Sea DLC would be then a total seize of 529.780km²
In comparison Iberia DLC is 598.180km²
[ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
morbidangel85

#6 Post by morbidangel85 » 06 Jun 2022 14:03

@ Some newbie driver

No problem, it's all clear, cheers!

I agree that Turkey should be left until there's nothing else in Europe to map. Tbh, I'm not entirely convinced I like the idea of an Aegean DLC. I think both countries should have their own standalone DLC.
alluke

#7 Post by alluke » 06 Jun 2022 14:34

Yeah, no crossing the Bosphorus when there are roughly two Iberias left to map in the north.

Greece + Cyprus should be their own DLC.
Trucker Nik

West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#8 Post by Trucker Nik » 06 Jun 2022 18:56

If the scs connect Greece with Anatolia, explain to me what will happen to the rest of Turkey? (Eastern Turkey)
comes as a standalone DLC, will not be added at all 🤔
Tristman

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#9 Post by Tristman » 06 Jun 2022 19:22

If you remove the water and islands that are too small to drive a big truck on, Greece is suddenly not so big anymore. It might come as a standalone DLC, but I think it's more likely to be paired with the Turkish west coast.
JaDaKa

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#10 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Jun 2022 19:26

Maybe it will come as a smaller DLC? That will also mean it will be released quicker and probably come at a comparatively lower price?

Not really sure but I had the impression that Turkey would not be expanded any further. Had anyone listened something similar to any of the streams?

Return to “General discussion about the game”