[REL] My Yards Edits - 13 Dec

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hitman822

Re: [REL] My Yards Edits - 8 June

#41 Post by hitman822 » 19 Jun 2022 19:12

Any chance that you'll look towards places like Casper, WY? Possibly a yard for Owner Op like you currently have going? Good work so far....two thumbs up from this end. Keep up the good work dear Sir.
SouthernMan

#42 Post by SouthernMan » 19 Jun 2022 19:19

@hitman822 For sure, buddy! Do you know of a good place to make a Yard in Casper? If yes, send a photo. And thank you bro! :D
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Trucker_71

#43 Post by Trucker_71 » 19 Jun 2022 19:58

The wandering dog is a nice touch. 😎
Travismods

#44 Post by Travismods » 23 Jun 2022 18:26

@SouthernMan Great efforts. I like this idea a lot. Just a couple of thoughts, why are there three different files? You should perhaps only link one, I dont understand why you have three separate. Also, one of the files is gigantic so it seems you included stuff that should not be in there. In fact you included usa.mbd in one which you should not since it messes with other map mods. Make sure you only export the sectors you modded.
SouthernMan

#45 Post by SouthernMan » 23 Jun 2022 19:06

@koolizz Yes, the Twin Falls file was too big, as I ended up forgetting to remove other useless files from the folder when I compressed. About the separate files, I hadn't even thought of doing them all together until then, because not everyone has all the dlcs. But maybe I'll compress them all into one. And... thank you so much bud! :)
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Trucker_71

#46 Post by Trucker_71 » 23 Jun 2022 19:26

👍
Powerforward88

#47 Post by Powerforward88 » 24 Jun 2022 04:30

Excellent work on these yards @SouthernMan . one thing, is this post supposed to be there at the Ontario yard?

[ external image ]
SouthernMan

#48 Post by SouthernMan » 24 Jun 2022 13:10

@Powerforward88 Perfectly friend. I put it there so that people enter on the left (next to the guardhouse) and leave on the right, precisely because of some triggers I put from "Welcome to Yard". That is, when you enter from this side as shown in the photo, a "Good trip" will appear on the HUD, which doesn't make sense since you're arriving on a trip.. But that was supposed to show up when you were leaving, not coming in, so I put this pillar. Maybe it didn't turn out very well, but it was just for people to properly interact with the triggers.
Powerforward88

#49 Post by Powerforward88 » 24 Jun 2022 18:51

Ok thanks @SouthernMan . I like the messages on the HUD, like "This is the mechanics area, do not park here." Nice idea.
SouthernMan

#50 Post by SouthernMan » 24 Jun 2022 19:06

@Powerforward88 Yes, it's a cool idea. And the coolest thing about it all is that it creates an interactivity with the “driver”, making your simulation more real, perhaps... I've done this on some of my Truck Stops too. Ex:"Don't park here. - Alex johnson, manager of this Truck Stop", etc, etc. It's something that for many can be useless, but I think it's cool for the interactivity. And... Thanks a lot bud! :D

Return to “Maps”