[REL] More realistic Truck Stops - 10 June

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: [REL] More realistic Truck Stops - 10 June

#321 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Aug 2022 08:18

Therefore I really hope @SouthernMan will put every truck stop in a separate mod, like he did with his My Yards Edits mod, so we can use at least some of his truck stops in our map combos.
SouthernMan

#322 Post by SouthernMan » 08 Aug 2022 13:39

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 08 Aug 2022 08:18 Therefore I really hope @SouthernMan will put every truck stop in a separate mod, like he did with his My Yards Edits mod, so we can use at least some of his truck stops in our map combos.
Well, putting each truck stop separately would be a very time consuming thing to do. The best, imo, is to put separate states. It would be more viable.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Vinnie Terranova

#323 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Aug 2022 15:01

The problem with putting several states, is that as soon as a map mod has shared map sectors with a default state, the new truck stops in that state will conflict with the map mod.

If you take a look at the states we now have, a lot of states are (partly) overwritten by map mods:

CA: Reforma + Minor Urban Overhaul
NV: Minor Urban Overhaul
AZ: Reforma + Minor Urban Overhaul + Better Arizona
NM: Reforma + Minor Urban Overhaul
OR: Minor Urban Overhaul
WA: ProMods Canada + Minor Urban Overhaul
UT: Minor Urban Overhaul
ID:
CO: Coast to Coast
WY: Coast to Coast
MT: Coast to Coast

This would mean that the only state that has no shared map sectors with map mods is Idaho. So, if you put the truck stops in 11 separate files (because we have 11 states), we could only use Idaho with your new truck stops. That's not really a viable solution. So I guess we just have to accept that your More Realistic Truck Stops cannot be used with our map combos.

But that's life; we can't just have all we want.
SouthernMan

#324 Post by SouthernMan » 08 Aug 2022 15:24

Yes this is true. But, as I said before, despite being possible, it would be unviable to separate by sector, because there are thousands and thousands. Perhaps the most viable is, for those who really like this mod, not to use other maps or to use them, but remember that it can crash.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Vinnie Terranova

#325 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Aug 2022 15:35

Is it possible to create a lite version of your mod, either by you, me or somebody else? Say, I download your mod, remove conflicting sectors so I end up with a lite version of your mod that only contains new truck stops on map sectors that don't conflict with other map mods?

In the past something similar has been done with a map mod, called US Expansion. It contained some small towns in Arizona and New Mexico. But it was partly overwritten with PaZzMod that covered a large area in Arizona. Someone then removed the map sectors in Arizona, so we got a lite version of US Expansion that only contained some small towns in New Mexico.
Would you allow something similar to be done with your More Realistic Truck Stops? If it technically would be possible, of course. I don't know if that's the case anyway.
azkidd1

#326 Post by azkidd1 » 08 Aug 2022 19:27

@SouthernMan
00:02:38.670 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ats_145_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\eurotrucks\game\management\sector_task.cpp(49): ?execute@sector_load_task_t@prism@@UEAAXXZ: Failed to merge new sector data!

I remove your truckstop mod and it dont happen, thaught I let you know
Attachments
game.log.txt
(215.41 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
TheEnglishOtter

#327 Post by TheEnglishOtter » 09 Aug 2022 09:30

Yeah, the game crashes near the end of the secret road near Thompson Falls.
ghosafat

#328 Post by ghosafat » 20 Aug 2022 16:35

TheEnglishOtter wrote: 09 Aug 2022 09:30 Yeah, the game crashes near the end of the secret road near Thompson Falls.
Montana Secret Road ....I have no map mods on the profile I was using during the Montana Event. I did have the Truck Stop mod activated. The same thing happened to me. Is this mod not updated for Montana? When the mod was removed...no problem.
killingjoke28336

#329 Post by killingjoke28336 » 02 Sep 2022 09:34

I hope Colorado and Montana follows soon.
Seerman

#330 Post by Seerman » 02 Sep 2022 14:33

I see no reason to include this mod until the author updates it for the current version of the game.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

Return to “Maps”