completely overwhelmed

zeti

completely overwhelmed

#1 Post by zeti » 11 Jun 2022 10:00

The graphics cards are completely overwhelmed in the main menu (100%) utilization

The graphics cards are also completely overwhelmed in full screen mode (100%) utilization

I have a Geforce gtx 970 with 4GB of memory...

Kind regards, Sebastian Maier

With an rtx graphics card you don't have these problems...
plykkegaard

Re: completely overwhelmed

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Jun 2022 10:42

Common issue with the game
Set a limit on your FPS

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Tomsun

#3 Post by Tomsun » 11 Jun 2022 12:19

plykkegaard wrote: 11 Jun 2022 10:42 Common issue with the game
Set a limit on your FPS
i second this, if you have e.g. a 60 fps panel it makes no sense to allow framerates above that, i would make this limitation in the nvidia driver. If you have problems to maintain this framerates you have to look if it is due to bottleneck in the GPU or the CPU (MSI Afterburner is a good tool to do that) if you have a multicore cpu, what you usually have today, be aware that ETS2 and ATS are not fully using them, but are singlethreaded, so you will see CPU load will not go over a certain value, if GPU reaches max frequency its GPU restricted and you have to lower Graphic details (good testpoint are the cities in austria rebuild).
blackpanther239

#4 Post by blackpanther239 » 11 Jun 2022 13:51

Why doesn't SCS do a statistical survey among users (as Steam did some days ago):

1. how many users have slight to severe graphical errors (stuttering, lags, missing objects, objects appearing suddenly and late, graphical errors in exterior mirrors)

2. Which system do you use (operating system, graphics card, processor)

3. should there be a slider in graphics menu for graphic details in future updates? E.g. traffic density in town and outside town, level of detail in towns)

4. What is more important to you: game performance or as much detailed graphics as possible? (not graphical quality! Details are ment!)

You could work well with the results and consider what problems customers have and what they want. At the moment graphics cards and processors are so expensive that very few can afford to upgrade their system again and again in order to be able to play ETS smoothly. So perhaps SCS should work on a contemporary solution until upgrading becomes affordable again.
My opinion is, for example: I found Austria very good until the last update, it was smooth to play. After the update it jerks all over Austria. If I could choose, I wouldn't have wanted most of the new details. And even with many hours oh trying and changing all options, new installation and everything, my game gets slower from time to time.
Tomsun

#5 Post by Tomsun » 12 Jun 2022 05:14

You are since the beginning of ets2 to reduce resolution and graphics details to a bare minimum, according to the performance of your GPU or CPU, there is a simple setup where you have 4 steps (kind of 4 different presets) and you have the possibility to go in very detailed settings, where can change nearly everything.

SCS is aware of what the users have on hardware. The problem is that there is very wide variety from before Intel core duo (i played very long time on a single core AMD) up to intel 12900KS, from IGPU very old type to 3090 SLIed, from VGA 4K Multimon (3*4K). The more Hours of play in total or even per timeperiod, the higher the equipment, the more revenue realized in selling DLCs. Therefore the question for SCS is do we have to orient on underpowered PCs, where the user is just trying, but will not make further revenues, or orient more on midclass hardware, where its known to have a good overall experience, and possibly get a long time customer, or orient only on high class hardware giving satisfaction to the power users, and dissapoint the lower classes.
In giving you the possibility to highly customize your settings SCS tries to fit al these three scenarios more or less quite well. The questions how is the standard setting at the very first beginning, and as i remember right its sett on low.
Even with hardware a few years old you can do quite well (Three setups working well for me IBM Thinkpad T420 I5 (lowest settings, 1600*900 60FPS), AMD FX8320 + RX470 (medium to high settings, 2560*1080, 60FPS, scaling 100%), Ryzen 3900x + 1080ti (highest settings, 3440*1440-99 FPS,scaling 100%)

You don't need higher Framerates than 100FPS, rock solid 60 FPS are better than waving FPS above and below 100 FPS. I use Hard limits. Benefit it usually ramps up GPU only when needed, most of the time Cool, Quiet, Efficient.

If you have performance problems avoid the newest DLCs and rebuild areas, go to the oldest parts of the maps, like Great Britain, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Chech republic, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium. Do not go to Austria rebuild, Germany Rebuild, Iberian DLC, Toad to the Black Sea DLC. If you want to enjoy this areas, that means eye candy, you need appropriate hardware (cpu with enough MHz, many cores not needed yet [we are still hoping for MT-support], and a mid-class GPU or a recent iGPU)
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Jun 2022 06:04

3090 in SLI / NVLink?
Games that supports multi gpu is a thing of the past
Does ATS / ETS2 support this?
Good luck getting anything meaningful out of this other than the bragging right with impressive benchmarks

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
blackpanther239

#7 Post by blackpanther239 » 12 Jun 2022 12:57

Tomsun wrote: 12 Jun 2022 05:14
You don't need higher Framerates than 100FPS, rock solid 60 FPS are better than waving FPS above and below 100 FPS. I use Hard limits. Benefit it usually ramps up GPU only when needed, most of the time Cool, Quiet, Efficient.
That is the next point. In my opinion, it is not the job of a technically middle-class user to make changes by himself in the programming structure of a game or in the graphic card settings to make it run halfway smooth. There should be a solution for everybody (except users with a technical system, that is below the official game minimum requirements). I am much above the requirements*, but can play the game only with medium graphical settings and even then there are enough lags while playing.

*=
my system:
Intel (R) Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50 GHZ 3.50 GHZ
16 GB RAM
WINDOWS 10, 64 BIT
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

for comparison, actual official game minimum requirements:
Processor: Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz.
Memory: 4 GB RAM.
Graphics: GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000)
plykkegaard

#8 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Jun 2022 13:03

The engine is single core you need to take this into consideration

I have an old system, I7 4770 is from '13 and GTX 1080 TI is from '17
The game is playable on higher settings

xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Jun 2022 13:05

v-sync is a tech that exists for decades now and is just an on/off story, there is no technical knowledge needed and every game has it and it should be used, if your panel can do more then 60hz, freesync or g-sync (if the panel is compatible) should be used
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
blackpanther239

#10 Post by blackpanther239 » 12 Jun 2022 13:17

plykkegaard wrote: 12 Jun 2022 13:03 The game is playable on higher settings
So you don't have the slightest legs or stutters at all? Not in Austria, not in Spain, not in Istanbul and other cities and not at highway interchanges and not while passing bigger rest areas?

Return to “Technical Problems”