German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
9%
Leipzig
6%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 514

Dinja

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#201 Post by Dinja » 12 Jan 2023 06:16

In my opinion it's very important to rework the Ruhr area first after Frankfurt because of it is the most important logistics area in Germany next to Hamburg. For example just the City Duisburg: It's the biggest steel location in europe, the biggest inland port in the world and the end of the new silk road. Also Duisburg has all the important traffic ways for the logistics with the Rhine and Ruhr rivers, five highways (four of them very important for logistics), the most important traffic junction for trains in northrhine-westphalia and three airports (Düsseldorf, Dortmund and Weeze) near to it.

So in my opinion there's no reason to let the Ruhr area wait. It's currently the most boring location on ETS in Germany...
Davina

#202 Post by Davina » 12 Jan 2023 11:13

Duisburg ain't boring on a Saturday teatime, believe me.
Aziz

#203 Post by Aziz » 12 Jan 2023 14:33

There's one detail that currently bothers me about this metropolis, aside from its age.
You can see Düsseldorf tower from Cologne.
ninjawarrior1x3

#204 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 12 Jan 2023 15:24

Well, to solve the problems of the Rhine-Ruhr... it might require a complete rework of the whole area (including the autobahn network). I would keep the A1, A4 and most of the A45, but the rest should be completely redone in order to make the individual cities look distinct, despite it being a large metropolitan area overall.
I would personally do Mannheim, Bremen, Osnabrück and even Hamburg and/or München before the Rhine-Ruhr for one main reason:
This area has a couple of connections to a potential future Benelux rework and a rebuild of the Rhine-Ruhr area could have implications on roads in Belgium and the Netherlands. For example, the A61 north of the A4 (which is interrupted by a lignite mine irl) could be removed in order to allow more space for Köln, Düsseldorf and Duisburg. In its place:
1. The A1 could be extended to the A4 in order to provide access to the Ford Factory in Köln.
2. The A3 could be added here in order to provide a more realistic connection between the cities in Rhine-Ruhr.
3. The A40 could be extended to the Netherlands, offering a solution to the Calais-Duisburg road as well as providing a better access to the Port of Duisburg.
4. (Probably most notably) the Dutch A2 could be a direct replacement to the German A61 as it runs in the same sort of direction while giving more room to the Rhine-Ruhr.

CITATION: I don't work for SCS, so this is just one solution which may not happen.
tomprice98

#205 Post by tomprice98 » 13 Jan 2023 15:46

What do we think the chances are of Mannheim also coming in the next update. Seems odd to leave it there and do Frankfurt and Stuttgart, plus its relatively small so presumably wouldn't take as long to do as the other two
parasaurolophus67

#206 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 13 Jan 2023 15:47

My guess its because its very close to the French border. idk.
tomprice98

#207 Post by tomprice98 » 13 Jan 2023 15:48

Higgybaby wrote: 11 Jan 2023 19:20 Until now SCS only reworked the "Autobahn" and now they started some of the cities.
Really wish they will start doing a few more byways and some small villages and towns along in the future, maybe adding some industries too (like agriculture stuff that doesn't fit the big cities).
For example once they rework Bremen, they could also add B6 to Hannover (until now both ends exist ingame) and bring some scenery town along with a farm or sawmill (would be narked as Bremen or Hannover ofc).
Many newer DLCs have some industries Outsourced XD to scenic towns. Would love to see it on the basemap too
Totally agree. Been driving around Germany and Austria a lot recently, the gulf in quality between Austria/ German autobahns and German rural roads is huge. I hope SCS eventually get around to reworking that and don't forget about it.
oldmanclippy

#208 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 Jan 2023 21:42

I think it would make a lot of sense to bring Mannheim too, but it's possible that it won't be ready for 1.47 even if it's been in development also. That would be a bit goofy since it is in between Frankfurt and Stuttgart, but 3 is a lot to ask for after only getting Hanover so far. It'll be a bonus if any more cities come with 1.47.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Thijmen98

#210 Post by Thijmen98 » 18 Jan 2023 11:17

If they rework Mannheim, I hope they'll also consider reworking the connection between Mannheim and Metz. Hopefully they'll change the fictional two lane road into Autobahn A6 (A320 in France), as that is the most logical way to travel between these cities.

I personally wouldn't mind if Germany ends up with (almost) all fictional local roads replaced by actual highways. Germany would be represented best if it is full of highways because that's what truckers use anyway. Maybe they could add a few realistic local roads in the northeast or so or in a few other regions, but I'd be fine with only highways, as long as they are realisitic. Anything better than those fictional roads.
Sporcle city quizzes:
American Truck Simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2

World of Trucks:
World of Trucks

Return to “General discussion about the game”