German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
9%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 538

Aziz

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#341 Post by Aziz » 21 Mar 2023 11:05

Increasing prices for already released content, no matter how reworked is a hit on PR - as recent example, Factorio. That wasn't well received, to put it lightly, aside of course from hardcore fans who were unaffected by the price change.
oldmanclippy

#342 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Mar 2023 13:26

Some newbie driver wrote: 21 Mar 2023 09:57 @oldmanclippy There's older and newer DLC, but there's no first/last as if they would had to be bought in an order. If something the size of GE in any moment would receive a rework the quality they are doing now on the base map, IMHO it deserves a price tag accordingly the real value of the actual content, no its age in time since first release. In fact, it could be deemed as a completely new release and people would be buying "the last thing" if it would not be by the fact that most of us will receive it for free.

Even the same could be said from, the main game. Once the whole base map could be reworked, the price should not keep being a bargain as if it was a 10 year old game. Although in this case I think the technical side should be also considered. If they change it to multi-core (so technically would not be 10 years old anymore) then it would be the moment to reconsider the price for new players.

It doesn't mean those prices should be like popular brand-new games; but at least not so cheap as they are now. People should understand content has a value by itself; put too cheap prices on things just because they were released long ago, even if the content has been greatly updated; just makes people subjectively think it's a "dirt cheap stuff" when it's not. At the end, of course, SCS will do whatever they consider better for them.

Regards
I don't disagree that reworked DLCs have more value, I disagree that it makes any sort of business sense to raise the prices. What is SCS's best money-making plan? To ensure as many people as possible buy their latest DLCs at full price. That's the end goal. How do they get people to do that? By getting them invested in the game via owning as many of the other DLCs as possible. That doesn't happen by raising the prices of DLC #1. No there is no "right order" at this point, but I would be surprised if most players didn't look at Going East and think "this is where I'm supposed to start" just by virtue of being the oldest.

Same with the base game. Why raise the price of the first hurdle? Again the point is to get people invested in buying the latest DLC, if SCS can't even convince them to buy the base game because they raised the price then they're in big trouble.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
TomDooley

#343 Post by TomDooley » 21 Mar 2023 16:56

I had high hopes that at last, the A3 from Frankfurt to Cologne would be implemented, however, SCS chose a minor road... So, in the beta, A3 ends behind the airport's "Squaire" building. Sad. :cry: :roll: :| :| :(
Only hope remains that Promods will add it later.
The Nightgames

#344 Post by The Nightgames » 21 Mar 2023 17:03

TomDooley wrote: 21 Mar 2023 16:56 I had high hopes that at last, the A3 from Frankfurt to Cologne would be implemented, however, SCS chose a minor road... So, in the beta, A3 ends behind the airport's "Squaire" building. Sad. :cry: :roll: :| :| :(
Only hope remains that Promods will add it later.
Maybe it will come out in another patch version when Cologne, Düsseldorf, Duisburg and Dortmund are reworked.
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H4B9gWTRyc (ERN-Map)
Support_Rhineland Map: https://discord.gg/HJdX64sfPF (Rhineland Map)
Some newbie driver

#345 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Mar 2023 17:20

@oldmanclippy, if there's ever an update of GE as like Austria has been reworked, that de facto new GE could be considered in all metrics but the launch date as the "latests and newest DLC". So, as there's no right order to install map DLS (as we both agree); there's also no point that the latest and newest DLC doesn't have an accordingly price.

What's the point of doing so? Well, to recover part of the investment those reworks cost to SCS. After all, most of us are going to have it for free if ever arrives; so for sure that hypothetical rework is going to be made at net loss. But at least those who enter the game as new players will have to pay for what it could be the new GE nor for what it was no more.

And at this point, new players doesn't purchase the ETS2 maps due its launch order but the ones that have the lands they are interested into (number one being homeland of the player almost granted). The launch order is relevant for ongoing players, not for new ones.

Anyway, as I said, that's just my opinion. SCS have people who knows way better than me what's better for their interests.

Regards
Some newbie driver

#347 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Mar 2023 21:47

SuperCesta yards on Iberia are that kind of "companies"

As far as I know, they are all depicting major distribution markets of fresh goods on the cities where they appear in the game.
Higgybaby

#348 Post by Higgybaby » 24 Mar 2023 11:22

Yeah, kinda sad we only got a sign pointing towards the "Frischezentrum" in Frankfurt. It is just around the corner of the mapped northern area (near the Iveco dealer) irl.
MG Mike

#349 Post by MG Mike » 29 Mar 2023 22:22

Well maybe if space let it be possible it can be added later ..
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
BRCKHMPTN

#350 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 03 Apr 2023 20:11

Reflectors on guard rails have finally been removed in the new version of the open beta, as it should be. Bravo team :)

Return to “General discussion about the game”