German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
9%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 538

urosaki_

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#71 Post by urosaki_ » 08 Sep 2022 16:44

I have voted for a reconstruction of Hamburg or for the Rhine-Ruhr area.

The first responds to my previous comment today that Hamburg belongs to an "older" area of the rework of Germany and is a city that needs a lot of love.

The second, basically because the main garage of my game is in Dortmund, and I would like to see how the city/area will look with the new SCS standards.

Anyway, this is like the letter to Santa Claus; you can ask for what you want, and then what has to come will come. Whatever it is, it will be well received.
From Spain. I apologize for my English, Google Translate may not be very reliable.
Janaff

#72 Post by Janaff » 08 Sep 2022 19:28

I've stuck with my wish for München and Stuttgart to get remade together. Getting that big Upper German region up to modern standards together would be amazing.

I initially read the poll as 'select up to 3', and so my third option would've been Hamburg. Not much of a surprise, but it has the biggest potential for a big remake because of how important of a transport hub it is. My other quick takes are that people underrate how good a Dresden remake might be, and that I also really want to see a new Kassel (hopefully with the A44 too).
Shiva

#73 Post by Shiva » 08 Sep 2022 19:32

I would rather see a slight rework of Hamburg, as in a functional harbour, that is south of the river, but we sadly miss the exit.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
AkePhoe

#74 Post by AkePhoe » 09 Sep 2022 04:55

Hamburg and Rhein-Ruhr.
No A2 from Kamener Kreuz towards the west is a huge dissapointment on the vanilla map.
And Hamurg without the Harbour/Container port is nearly useless.
tomprice98

#75 Post by tomprice98 » 09 Sep 2022 15:42

Hamburg and Rhine-Ruhr would probably have the biggest impact, but I think its most likely going to be Stuttgart and Munich (maybe Frankfurt too as that only really needs the airport to be complete)
VirtualTruckTravels

#76 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 10 Sep 2022 00:05

i have voted for Berlin, i think the country capital should be properly represented, Hamburg is also a good contender if they make so the port will be accesible as i understand it is very important in that region for cargo coming in via ships.
gaillard

#77 Post by gaillard » 10 Sep 2022 08:13

My impression is that Rhine-Ruhr would have a disastrous effect, because to/from there has a good chance of involving Benelux.
And at this time, it's not a good idea to send players there.

So yeah, I voted Hamburg/München.

I'm sure SCS were awaiting my opinion with impatience.
Arvidsson-Källqvist

#78 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 11 Sep 2022 18:55

Number 1 choice for me is 100% Hamburg without a doubt! They absolutely have to include europe's 3rd bigest and busiest container port. Actually it still baffles me how could they miss it not only once but twice, as even after they actually rebuilt that region once already.

Number 2 would be the Rhein-Ruhr region because that part of the map desperately needs a complete rebuild

And number 3 I'd say that either Bremen to have a mostly complete A1 corridor that's up to today's standard, or a complete rebuild of western Baden-Würtemberg, Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland (around Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Saarbrücken etc.) as the infrastructure and road layout in that region is completely fantasy.
Last edited by Arvidsson-Källqvist on 11 Sep 2022 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Company: DK International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)
oldmanclippy

#79 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Sep 2022 18:59

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 11 Sep 2022 18:55 Actually it still baffles me how could they miss it not only once (as in pre reskin) but twice, as even after they actually rebuilt that region once already.
The Germany rework didn't include cities in its scope, only retexturing and relocating city centers for the most part. Frankfurt is the outlier, and even that one should get a bit of touching up done too. Stuttgart and Munich for example got new surroundings but the city centers are still old. That's why they're doing this Germany Cities rework phase, to get the cities up to par.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Arvidsson-Källqvist

#80 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 11 Sep 2022 19:19

Yes I know, but the second time they actually made effort to build A7 realisticaly with the port right next to it so you always pass near the port on the way and while at it they could've thought about making it accesible.
Company: DK International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)

Return to “General discussion about the game”