German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
15%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
7%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
12%
München
20%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 367

JUseeTV

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#111 Post by JUseeTV » 08 Nov 2022 22:02

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 08 Nov 2022 18:49 hmmm, dont know if it would be visible from the A4 or the A61
I live pretty close to the mines, Hambach is not visible from the A4 nor the A61 but when we take Garzweiler I and II into account the A44 passes by right between them. In that section the A44 replaced the original A61 for about 20 kilometers due to the progression of the mine. Therefore if we take a rework of the A61 and Dutch border into account it may be possible, though it would be a tight fit.
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
xXCARL1992Xx

#112 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Nov 2022 22:04

it would be here

[ external image ]

a depot maybe to deliver stuff but no change for the whole area to see the site with the bucket wheel excavator because you would not get near it

also, if i interpret it right they would have to move the A4 also because how it is ingame now it is right on the area, the A4 was moved to make room, you see the old road on Google Maps and it kinda fits with what SCS did
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JUseeTV

#113 Post by JUseeTV » 08 Nov 2022 22:15

The excavators are not even in sight but the fillers are, that "restore" the area. They are about 100 to 200 meter away from the A44.
Only feasible solution for a depot right next to an excavator would be to simulate the replacement of the bucket wheel but that is definitely not made for the trucks we have in ETS2 since it is off road only. Solution would be to include the maintenance center in Frechen as a depot that would be close to Cologne again. Alternatively there are smaller depots around the mine where equipment is temporarily stored in the Jülich/Titz area.
About the A4, it has been indeed relocated onwards from Kerpen interchange A4/61 (which is unfortunately wrongly depicted in-game) up Merzenich/Weisweiler area (where the power plant is situated that is also present in-game). But to be fair the changes on the A4 are not too severe, especially on the scale we discuss. A proper 3 lane rebuild, including the interchange with maybe including the trees of the year along to it would do it justice enough.
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Grafsky

#114 Post by Grafsky » 18 Nov 2022 18:34

I am for Munich and the Rhine-RUR!
HRTrucking

#116 Post by HRTrucking » 25 Nov 2022 00:24

@JUseeTV sometimes you can see the excavators really close to the A44, when they start a "new" round at the top.
And from the 46 and the 1st bit of the 44 and when I go from the 44 to the A61 you can look into the mine really well as well from a truck.

For delivery it would be a bit hard as it all seems off road.

The A44 has been dug away before the A61. And rebuild again, when I started driving international 20 years or so ago the A44 already was in the same place as it's now.

For the rework I'd love to see Koblenz and the A61. Maybe something from the Eiffel or Mosel area. Mosel area for the vineyards, some interesting deliveries possible.
And Eiffel I sometimes just like to drive through when I have time. Get a coffee at the Nürburgring (I know that or the villages there will never see the game :( )
ninjawarrior1x3

#117 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 30 Nov 2022 08:24

Due to the probable imminent release of the Feldbinder DLC, I now think that Hamburg should be the next city. Winsen (where the main Feldbinder factory is located) is about 25km from Hamburg. So if it were to come into the game (which I doubt), then it would be appropriate to rework Hamburg (including its port) as well.

I still think Mannheim should be reworked ahead of the release of Switzerland's rework (perhaps simultaneously with Frankfurt), but I'd also prioritize cities such as Osnabrück and Bremen (as well as the Rhine-Ruhr area) due to their proximity to Wertle and the future Benelux rework.
alluke

#118 Post by alluke » 30 Nov 2022 13:03

JUseeTV wrote: 08 Nov 2022 22:15 Only feasible solution for a depot right next to an excavator would be to simulate the replacement of the bucket wheel but that is definitely not made for the trucks we have in ETS2 since it is off road only.
Wrong, off-road is exactly what ETS2 needs. 6x4 with 315/80 tires and you're good to go.
oldmanclippy

#119 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Nov 2022 22:04

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 08:24 Due to the probable imminent release of the Feldbinder DLC, I now think that Hamburg should be the next city. Winsen (where the main Feldbinder factory is located) is about 25km from Hamburg. So if it were to come into the game (which I doubt), then it would be appropriate to rework Hamburg (including its port) as well.

I still think Mannheim should be reworked ahead of the release of Switzerland's rework (perhaps simultaneously with Frankfurt), but I'd also prioritize cities such as Osnabrück and Bremen (as well as the Rhine-Ruhr area) due to their proximity to Wertle and the future Benelux rework.
There's also the Wittenberg facility for when Magdeburg or Leipzig get reworked, although it could be added anytime since it's not really part of any one marked city. @aztin wink wink nudge nudge ;)
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
ninjawarrior1x3

#120 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 01 Dec 2022 10:03

@oldmanclippy
I was thinking how Wittenberg can squeeze in between Leipzig and Berlin (especially as both are due reworks which could take up more space in that part of the map) without sacrificing the petrol stations. But then I found a petrol station just off the exit for Coswig (which would serve Wittenberg), so SCS could use this one for trips along this section of the A9.

In all honesty, Leipzig and Dresden need to be reworked simulaneously. Many of Leipzig's industries are near the A14, but adding that section of the A14 would be tricky considering the location of the A4-A17 junction. So this may mean the A14 would bend a bit more than it should (unless that junction is moved east a bit).

Return to “General discussion about the game”