German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
15%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
7%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
12%
München
20%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 367

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#141 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Dec 2022 18:10

one page back you have your answer about Mercedes Trucks
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#142 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Dec 2022 18:18

The plant in Wörth might techincally be closer to Mannheim, but either way it's not in a marked city so it could theoretically come whenever.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
r131w

#143 Post by r131w » 06 Dec 2022 18:18

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 06 Dec 2022 18:10 one page back you have your answer about Mercedes Trucks
I know that: https://www.mercedes-benz-trucks.com/de ... oerth.html
But i wouldn't matter much since Stuttgart (and Wolfsburg) are hardly associated with anything else except those big car factories
WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/5777747
ETS2: HQ in Luxemburg, default map, MAN TGX 6x2 (BDF Tandem Truck Pack)
ETS2: HQ in Hamburg, Promods, Scania S 6x4 (BDF Tandem Truck)
ETS2: HQ in Stockholm, Promods, Volvo FH2020 6x4
SenseFM

#144 Post by SenseFM » 06 Dec 2022 18:22

That's nice that the renewal of another German city has been announced in the blog. And it seems that unlike Hannover it could be released along with the revamp of another base map area - Switzerland. I just hope that the focus can eventually extend to the minor roads in Germany, which also need a touch-up.
ninjawarrior1x3

#145 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 06 Dec 2022 18:33

About Mercedes-Benz, Picture 5 shows a Van Technology Center for Mercedes-Benz. And there is a Mercedes-Benz car factory in the vicinity which can be used as a destination.
Last edited by ninjawarrior1x3 on 06 Dec 2022 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#146 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Dec 2022 18:35

Worth isnt even in the same Staat ans Stuttgart, so no, Stuttgart will not get a "Mercedes Benz Trucks" Factory because there doesnt exist one, they have to create a new "city" for it like with Werlte for Krone and Södertälje for Scania
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Aziz

#147 Post by Aziz » 06 Dec 2022 18:42

Well there you have it. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

Available route looks pretty obvious now, and it looks like we still may have roads 27, 313 and 10 available.
Shiva

#148 Post by Shiva » 06 Dec 2022 18:54

Aziz, while you made that one.
I did a road route I think is possible.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/48.6968 ... m0!1m0!3e0
In this, I include Mercedes-Benz BKK Stuttgart-Untertürkheim, Mercedesstraße 132, 70372 Stuttgart.
Where they do engines. Truck engines too? https://www.daimlertruck.com/career/loc ... 66872.html
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Cunwad

#149 Post by Cunwad » 06 Dec 2022 22:57

Since Disqus once again "recognized" a blog reply of mine as spam for some incomprehensible reason, I'm posting it here again:

Since Stuttgart has been my (new) home for a few years, I recognize quite a bit here:

Screenshot #1: This is compiled from several scenes. From behind you come down the "Neue Weinsteige" at Bopser. The intersection in front reminds a bit of "Berliner Platz", but the street in the back would rather lead past the Central Station. To the left is "Charlottenplatz".

#2: The Neue Weinsteige with the view to the left into the valley basin. At one point, you could see the light rail vehicles above on the right for a short moment before they disappear into the tunnel again. The bus stops are mainly for night transport services only.

#3: View across Konrad-Adenauer-Straße to the south, with the State Theater on the right.

#4: View from Charlottenplatz, on the left corner the entrance to the underground light rail station, on the left the castle, in the background again the State Theater, behind it the large construction site of the new underground Stuttgart Central Station; all in all a very green picture, greener than in reality. In the city center, tar, concrete and dried up areas dominate next to isolated parks

#5: Benzstraße below, the B14 on the bridge, and the building belongs to the Untertürkheim engine plant at the global headquarters of Mercedes Benz (or Daimler)

#6: The entrance to Neue Weinsteige at the Bopser, which would actually come a bit further up. The TV tower would be almost at the right position at the Bopser; seen from the city center, where the intersection is due to the map scale, the TV tower should be at the right edge of the picture

#7: Looking south from the B14, on the left is the Mercedes Benz area, on the right the futuristic building is the Mercedes-Benz Museum. I can recommend everyone to visit the museum once, it is very interesting. In the right background on the hill you can see the district Burgholzhof - a former US barracks.

#8: The Neue Weinsteige, a beautiful panoramic road, if you drive from the south from the A8 into the Stuttgart basin.

#9: View from the B10 coming from Göppingen, where the B14 merges; on the left you can see the power plant and the Gaisburg gas boiler; straight ahead you go along the Neckar towards the city center.

Due to the limited space, not everything can be reproduced 1:1 true to the original, of course. But the level of detail up to the outskirts is in any case remarkable and much better than before. I hope this doesn't end behind the next curve like in Dresden, but continues all the way to the Autobahn.
By the way, the transit routes for trucks are the major federal highways. Possible forwarding agencies and companies for large trucks, however, are almost nonexistent in the city center. These could be located at the Mercedes Benz sites in S-Untertürkheim or in Sindelfingen south of Stuttgart, as well as the Stuttgart port and the districts of Möhringen and Vaihingen near the A8 and the airport. Porsche in Zuffenhausen and Bosch in Feuerbach could also be interesting destinations northwest of the city center.
ninjawarrior1x3

#150 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 06 Dec 2022 23:30

@oldmanclippy
I'm convinced that Image 6 is depicting the same interchange as Image 1 for 2 reasons (illustrated in my attachments):

1. The building on the left in the foreground of Image 1 looks pretty much identical to the building on the right of Image 6.

2. There is a bus stop on the right hand side of Image 1, opposite the road from the aforementioned white building. There's a low brick wall behind it. In Image 6, there is a bus stop on the other side of the road from the white building. There is also a brick wall behind the bus stop, which increases in height as the road goes uphill.

The reason why it may be hard to find the perfect spot for this location may be that SCS truncated the entire section between Alexanderstraße and Etzelstraße in order to fit Stuttgart into the A6/A7/A8/A81 box according to the scale.
Attachments
Stuttgart_Blog_6.jpg
Stuttgart_Blog_1.jpg
Last edited by ninjawarrior1x3 on 07 Dec 2022 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”