German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
15%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
12%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 399

oldmanclippy

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#41 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jun 2022 17:27

Hamburg being the second biggest city in Germany is surprising to me. I'm not sure I had ever heard of Hamburg before ETS2. Hamburg doesn't get a lot of attention over here. But wow, there are only 9 metropolitan areas in the US with more population than Hamburg's. Crazy.

I think they'll need to start doing more than one at a time if they want to finish this decade. There's 20 cities that need to be reworked by my count. Even if they did 2 per update, that'd take 3-4 years. But a lot of them can and should be combined. Rhine-Ruhr probably needs to be done in one go because the surrounding roads will need to get moved around to make room. Honestly the only cities that are big enough to need to come alone are Berlin, Hamburg (which I know now :P), and Munich.

It all depends on the resource allocation between the German city team, and the country rework team. We don't have a good idea as to what that is yet. Maybe once we know what the country rework plan is next and start getting blogs about it, we'll have a better idea.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
xXCARL1992Xx

#42 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Jun 2022 17:31

well, it has the biggest Port in Germany, so yeah :D
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
alluke

#43 Post by alluke » 30 Jun 2022 17:34

@xXCARL1992Xx crazy how that and Antwerp have been totally ignored in the game for over a decade 🥺
justgettingold

#44 Post by justgettingold » 01 Jul 2022 00:19

oldmanclippy wrote: 30 Jun 2022 17:27I'm not sure I had ever heard of Hamburg before ETS2. Hamburg doesn't get a lot of attention over here.
Ever been to McDonald's? :P
gaillard

#45 Post by gaillard » 01 Jul 2022 07:48

:D More important; ever read the Beatles' story? ;)
Some newbie driver

#46 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Jul 2022 09:34

alluke wrote: 30 Jun 2022 17:34@xXCARL1992Xx crazy how that and Antwerp have been totally ignored in the game for over a decade 🥺
In fact, there's SCS words black over white somewhere stating the lack of Antwerp was a big mistake. That gives me hopes it will be included on a future Benelux rework; specially considering how high they had set the bar with those reworks with Austria.

Regards
tomprice98

#47 Post by tomprice98 » 01 Jul 2022 15:50

oldmanclippy wrote: 30 Jun 2022 17:27
I think they'll need to start doing more than one at a time if they want to finish this decade. There's 20 cities that need to be reworked by my count. Even if they did 2 per update, that'd take 3-4 years. But a lot of them can and should be combined. Rhine-Ruhr probably needs to be done in one go because the surrounding roads will need to get moved around to make room. Honestly the only cities that are big enough to need to come alone are Berlin, Hamburg (which I know now :P), and Munich.
Yes I think the chances of us getting Munich and Stuttgart together in the next update are reasonably high. Rhine-Ruhr would be best done in as few different updates as possible, so if we get Munich/ Stuttgart and then don't hear anything for a long time I'd assume that its because they're working on Rhine-Ruhr.

I think there are a few cities that would make a lot of sense to come at the same time as each other like Bremen-Osnabruck, Frankfurt-Mannheim, Erfurt-Leipzig-Dresden or Rostock-Kiel.

I think there is also a possibility that we might get Turin, Dijon or Strasbourg rework with Switzerland as Switzerland alone is a bit smaller than Austria, so it would make sense to add in some surrounding areas to make it more comparable.
krmarci

#48 Post by krmarci » 06 Jul 2022 07:44

Poll: Which German city should SCS rework next?

The original poll did not show the results, here's a new one: https://poll-maker.com/QSALCEN8R
Last edited by krmarci on 06 Jul 2022 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
oldmanclippy

#49 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Jul 2022 14:43

I voted Munich. Close to the Austria rework and they already made some unique assets for it with Phase 3 of the Germany rework.

Any of the cities close to Hanover would also be a decent choice. But I'd prefer to expand the Austria rework golden zone so we have more room to play around with while staying in high quality areas.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)

Return to “General discussion about the game”