German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
9%
Leipzig
6%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 514

Janaff

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#31 Post by Janaff » 18 Jun 2022 15:19

One more bit of conclusive evidence that Image 7 is indeed the DHL facility: It is a bit hard to see zoomed out, but this small loading dock that protrudes from the main structure of the building is present in both the screenshot and IRL, and in the same location. I think that confirms it.
Example 1.PNG
Finally, I think there's a possibility that Image 1 could be here. It's not a great match, but the general architecture does seem really similar. Assuming we get a bunch of the B6, Image 6 could be based on this bit.

(side note, I am sad at the seeming lack of Stadtbahns and S-Bahns here. Those two things scream Germany, and shouldn't be left out)
Arvidsson-Källqvist

#32 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 20 Jun 2022 10:06

Janaff wrote: 17 Jun 2022 21:15 The prop TradeAux trailers in that image have noticeably gotten a seemingly DHL-inspired colour scheme.
The trailer colours are actually clearly inspired by Dachser, but otherwise yeah, it seems like that's the spot:
[ external image ]
Company: DK International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)
JolliciousJosh

#33 Post by JolliciousJosh » 20 Jun 2022 15:18

Virtual Trucker 51 wrote: 17 Jun 2022 17:27 Will all German cities be reworked? I hope so yes, Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin could follow
Hamburg will join the revamp, too, as this city hosts major industries, e.g. a container port, etc.
Higgybaby

#34 Post by Higgybaby » 21 Jun 2022 12:44

Many german cities could use a rework. Especially to get rid of the old "downtown industry" style from GTS. So many roads and even highways are useless in Germany, because nothing is along them, no farm, no sawmill. All industries are located inside the marked cities (not caring if they actually fit or not). I really wish that would change to a more realistic style, like they did in the DLCs, where you can see industries far away from the actual (marked) town in a scenic village or town.
Trucker Nik

#35 Post by Trucker Nik » 29 Jun 2022 15:17

As I mentioned, Hannover is great, I hope we get Berlin next time (because it's the capital) Munchen, Frankfort, (by the highway, around this city, there is a huge airport, planes tend to go, over the highway, over the bridge, a beautiful view, it must not be missing in the game ) Hamburg (due to the port) then Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Dortmund and Kolin (because at close proximity to each other) Mannheim (for reworking, surrounding roads)
oldmanclippy

#36 Post by oldmanclippy » 29 Jun 2022 15:35

Personally I would like to see the future order of city reworks complement areas of the game that area already reworked. i.e. Austria and probably Switzerland. After that, I would make a line towards Berlin. Then a line towards the Ruhr. Then filling in the rest region by region.

This is gonna take a long time :lol: My guess is that SCS will not do it this way, instead going for a semi-random approach. You never know though. It's kind of fun to have no earthly idea which city will be next.

But Munich gets my vote.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#37 Post by Shiva » 29 Jun 2022 16:06

Some of the routes ingame.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/52.4204 ... m2!4m1!3e0 connects to https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Anderte ... m0!1m0!3e0 .
+ there be https://www.google.com/maps/dir/52.2985 ... m2!4m1!3e0 .
Part 2 should really be divided in 3 parts.
Ok, not 100% realistic all routes, but WOW! I think Hannover rocks!
Any1 found my jaw?
I think I lost it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Janaff

#38 Post by Janaff » 29 Jun 2022 16:20

To finish up the screenshot map, Image 9 was at this spot, with the path to the quarry involving going along that path and through the tunnel.

Image 3 appears to be a fictional spot somewhere in the north of the city. All of the inconclusive screenshots seem to have been correct.

Hannover is great; I'm happy to see the U-Bahn tracks show up in a few places as well since they were largely absent from the screenshots. For future cities, I'm not too picky in regards to what cities we get in what order, but I hope the rural and secondary roads get looked at alongside them. When Osnabruck gets its day, the A30 should be completed for example. Wertle's Krone factory is great, but I am disappointed that Wertle itself is absent, as is the minor towns you travel through to get there. In the Austria update they added some small German towns on the road to Innsbruck, and that's a tantalising look at what I hope the Germany rework continues to bring.
Shiva

#39 Post by Shiva » 29 Jun 2022 16:39

Janaff, yeah 3 seems to be fictional location, connecting 2 faraway areas. between the 2 first links, in my previous post.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
tomprice98

#40 Post by tomprice98 » 30 Jun 2022 16:58

oldmanclippy wrote: 29 Jun 2022 15:35 Personally I would like to see the future order of city reworks complement areas of the game that area already reworked. i.e. Austria and probably Switzerland. After that, I would make a line towards Berlin. Then a line towards the Ruhr. Then filling in the rest region by region.

This is gonna take a long time :lol: My guess is that SCS will not do it this way, instead going for a semi-random approach. You never know though. It's kind of fun to have no earthly idea which city will be next.

But Munich gets my vote.
Yes Munich and Stuttgart would probably make the most sense to be next, but then after that it could literally be anything.

They could just carry on going gradually north by doing Frankfurt, Nuremburg, Mannheim etc.

They could go for western cities ready for Benelux rebuild with Bremen, Osnabruck, Rhine-Ruhr (which I think we would probably get together in 2 or 3 updates rather than 1 at a time)

Or they could go for Berlin and Hamburg as they're the 2 largest and arguably most important cities and would create a lot of hype.

Return to “General discussion about the game”