German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 534

urosaki_

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#61 Post by urosaki_ » 04 Aug 2022 15:54

First of all, sorry for my English .Seeing that the cities are now much bigger than when the game came out 10 years ago, and that they have started with the reconstruction of the German cities, I have a couple of doubts that I wanted to share with you.

*Do you think they will represent any important city between Köln and Mannheim? It is a fairly empty area in the base game, and I know that in Promods it has cities like Bonn or Mainz (although Mainz is very close to Frankfurt, and maybe in the rebuild it will be included as part of the city)
*Speaking of the Rhine-Rhur area. What are they going to do with Köln, Duisburg, Dortmund and Düsseldorf? They are cities that are very close together and, maintaining the current quality standards, I have the feeling that some cities would end up joining together.

What do you think?
From Spain. I apologize for my English, Google Translate may not be very reliable.
oldmanclippy

#62 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Aug 2022 16:00

@urosaki_ I could see us getting a remote depot or two in that area, but I don't think they would add a marked city. Frankfurt and Cologne especially will need a lot of room. As for the Rhine-Ruhr, that will certainly be a challenge. Not as much of a challenge as the Bay Area rework in the US because there's no ocean there limiting them, but it's still a very dense highly urbanized region. I think they'll probably keep each city. And maybe hint at Essen. The good news is that there's a decent amount of room on all sides for them to cheat it and make it bigger than it is IRL. They'll definitely have to do the whole region in one update IMO. Too interconnected to break it up across releases.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
David Paterson

#63 Post by David Paterson » 17 Aug 2022 04:17

I've recently done a couple of loads to and from Hannover and i have to say, wow! it's awesome. It looks amazing, like a real city!
Janaff

#64 Post by Janaff » 06 Sep 2022 21:55

I wonder with Switzerland coming soon, the next German cities to get reworks could be in the south with Munich and/or Stuttgart. That could make the path from Geneva to Vienna via Germany nearly fully-reworked, which is quite substantial.
Some newbie driver

#65 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Sep 2022 07:10

I would prefer to focus rework on cities that have could bring really new things to the table. Hannover Hamburg for example, is one enormous busy cargo port that we just barely glimpse as background scenery. A rework from that city could bring access to that port with the usual associated companies where to take cargo.

And I'm sure there's several other German cities that actually lack some kind of very big and unique landmarks that are related to trucking that they could add when reworked. I would prefer them to focus on that before just polishing the looks of generic industrial zones on whatever location.
Last edited by Some newbie driver on 08 Sep 2022 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Davina

#66 Post by Davina » 08 Sep 2022 08:06

@Some newbie driver Hannover? Do you mean Hamburg? I've always wanted to go along that massive flyover there. Yes hopefully there will be some updates to some of these oldies towns & cities in thr next German update, always been an important base for me.
gaillard

#67 Post by gaillard » 08 Sep 2022 08:09

Funny, before your message I had read SomeNewbie's post as stating Hamburg...
Some newbie driver

#68 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Sep 2022 08:10

Davina wrote: 08 Sep 2022 08:06@Some newbie driver Hannover? Do you mean Hamburg?
Yes, I meant Hamburg. That's what happens when writing half-slept. :roll:
urosaki_

#69 Post by urosaki_ » 08 Sep 2022 11:41

Stuttgart was "reworked" with phase 3 from Germany: they added the FLA depot and the Parkhaus on the road, although the rest of the city remains the same as the original; but I have my doubts that it will be the next rebuilt city.

If it is to continue through the "new area", the one with the most options is München; but I think that the one who needs it most is Hamburg (which entered Germany Phase 1, let's not forget)
From Spain. I apologize for my English, Google Translate may not be very reliable.
oldmanclippy

#70 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Sep 2022 15:32

I've added a poll. Select up to 2 cities you would like to see next (but don't blame SCS for not doing exactly what you want, this is just a fan poll).

You can only have 15 options so I had to combine the Rhine-Ruhr cities, and that's OK I think since they'll probably have to redo more than one of those at a time anyways. The surrounding road networks are very intertwined with any city reworks they'll have to do in that area, very similar to the Bay Area (San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose) in the California rework.

For the "Other" category, Frankfurt and Leipzig are the ones that have had the most work done to their city centers already, and I made the executive decision to throw Erfurt in with them so that each of the remaining 20 cities could be represented in the poll (sorry to anyone who lives in Erfurt :P).

My vote is Munich or Hamburg. Munich to have a city rework close to the Austria and Switzerland reworks, and Hamburg to get a major industrial city plus it's in between Hanover and Travemunde which are good quality.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”