German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
9%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 538

oldmanclippy

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#451 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 May 2023 14:50

Getting the B76 reworked with Travemunde is a good first step.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Aziz

#452 Post by Aziz » 15 May 2023 17:00

That bit leading directly to the city or around it, yes.

Thing is, with those minor/local roads, that they more often than not lead through smaller or larger towns and villages. It started being slightly noticeable in VLF, but prior to that it was just empty fields. Maybe with occasional building or two on an intersection resembling a city that should totally be included but wasn't for whatever reason (hello, GE!) That was the case in base map, in mentioned GE and even Scandinavia.

But since first Germany rework was just "swap textures, models and maybe move the road 300 meters east so it fits with real location", no signs of human presence is there. And I doubt it'll ever be.
oldmanclippy

#453 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 May 2023 18:31

@Aziz We are getting B76 leading out of Plon to the west (likely all the way to Kiel), although from the screenshots it is unclear whether or not Plon will be fully modeled as a scenery town or just hinted at.
Shiva

#454 Post by Shiva » 15 May 2023 19:01

I guess hinted. With some buildings here and there.
I am interested to see, if there is any secondary road connecting Travemünde and Rostock. The possibility, I think, is there.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#455 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 May 2023 14:26

Since Kiel is highly likely to come next, I wonder if they might take this opportunity to add the ferry. Oslo and Klaipeda would be the two most useful destinations, the only other option is Gothenburg I believe, if this source is accurate https://www.freightlink.co.uk/ferry-port/kiel
Shiva

#456 Post by Shiva » 16 May 2023 15:26

Kiel harbour and ferry? possible. ProMods has it. But their route only goes to Oslo.
Kiel to Klaipeda, seems to use a different port in Kiel, vs what is used for travels to Oslo. Oslo and Göteborg, they are close, but on opposite sides of the harbour, if one trusts google maps.
But for ingame purposes, one could serve all 3 destinations.
But, there is Travemünde, that serves Liepāja, north of Klaipeda. We'll have to see how SCS does.

Klaipeda Port, it is, sort of, ingame already. It has a fictionalized entry, used to reach the containerport. The real entry is here https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.6841 ... m2!4m1!3e0 . I think the port area could be made more as it is now, in the far future, when the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC, gets small reworks.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Janaff

#457 Post by Janaff » 30 May 2023 20:40

Not a huge discovery, but I'd make a bet that Image 10 is based on here. The fast food place separated from the main road by a line of trees, the autobahn entrance, and what seems to be a car dealership all match up
MG Mike

#458 Post by MG Mike » 02 Jun 2023 06:44

Hello there,

I hope also for not only cities to be reworked, the smaller countryroads and Bundesstraßen as written before needs also some love..all we have still now are only leading through the green hell and you see nothing except a village far over there with a wall around. The time of walls is already over for decades 😉 well I know that's for technical reasons of there is a wall you need only some houses and a little church and that's it..

I like the way like SCS did it at Austria with all these small towns and villages that are not mentioned at the mapview. This we need also on Germany . And there is a chance for since they did it with Ettal and Garmisch Partenkirchen
Also the fact they made Travemünde as a full city instead of a ferry port only let me hope this new rebuild project will give us some more as only a basic rework..

The south west area of Germany is so empty for example. And the road from Cologne down to Manheim is a torture..it seems endless.. but there is Bonn there is Koblenz like Promodsmap has and there could be some more cities..

A good combined network consisting of Autobahnen and Bundesstraßen or country roads would be good . Maybe the smaller roads must not go for an Autobahn, they could stay nearby..so that you can decide, using Autobahn or smaller roads alternatively. Also it would maybe not realistic to do so but having the cjamxe to go from north to south and west to east complete without using Autobahn could also be a nice idea... While beeing there there has to be plenty of smaller town and villages, maybe also with some landmarks such as lakes and rivers . Would at least great if they would think also on remaking existing countryroads
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
oldmanclippy

#459 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Jun 2023 13:10

I think it's a good sign that we're getting the B76 reworked between Travemunde and Kiel. I don't think we'll get Austria-level quality for the country roads, but if we could at least get some unmarked towns here and there with a quality boost then that'd be great.
Aziz

#460 Post by Aziz » 02 Jun 2023 14:16

Considering the distance... Maybe one town to drive through. That's literally 5 minute long trip for the player.
The math checks out.

Return to “General discussion about the game”