Can't bind controllers when using the Steam Input API

thomas288

Can't bind controllers when using the Steam Input API

#1 Post by thomas288 » 19 Jun 2022 13:25

I usually play ETS2 using a steam controller, mainly for the gyroscope, however recently I've not been able to use the controller. I'm not sure when it started but I can no longer select the steam controller in the list of input options. I tried testing with an xbox controller too and it does pick that up, but only when I disable xbox controller support in the steam input API. I think given that the issue is related to the steam input API (which the steam controller has to go through). I've tried suggestions from other similar posts (forcing steam input to disabled *and* enabled, with neither working. I've tried it in and outside of big picture mode with no success and also the steam client beta too).

It's worth noting that the steam controller works (it works fine in other games, and also ETS2 can pick up the controller when navigating the menus, just can't select it as an input option to bind controls to).

Attached is a log file from the game. I booted the game up with the controller turned on, navigated to options > controls, opened the drop down list for selecting input (steam controller is not present as an option). I then turned the controller off, then back on. Opened the drop down again and also moved to a few options on the menu using the joystick on the controller.

Another side note related to the steam input API. I have a custom configuration however whenever I try to change it, it's now forcing me back to the official binding configuration.

In case it is related, my OS is Windows 10 Home.
Attachments
game.log.txt
(52.75 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Return to “Technical Problems”