specs

jokkejo

specs

#1 Post by jokkejo » 20 Jun 2022 13:12

Hi

Might be a stupid question, but I'm not very into spec stuff.
I have played ETS2 on my main pc before but I was wondering
if installing and playing ETS2 on my laptop (HP 14s-dq2021nb) can damage or slow it down (Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor).

It is mainly my work/study laptop which makes it really important that it can still function fine and have enough ram storage.

Thanks in advance for answering.
Trucker Nik

Re: specs

#2 Post by Trucker Nik » 26 Jun 2022 05:01

If it is not a gaming laptop, I recommend not installing ETS2 on it
xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jun 2022 08:23

your Laptop is capable to run the game, but dont except high graphic settings because your RAM is also used as VRAM and how much of it is set in the BIOS, most times it is 512mb to 1gb
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Jun 2022 09:33

jokkejo wrote: 20 Jun 2022 13:12if installing and playing ETS2 on my laptop (HP 14s-dq2021nb) can damage or slow it down (Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor).
No program that you are going to install on a regular basis will never ever damage any computer you will have. They could run as intended, run with performance problems if the hardware isn't powerful enough or not run at all if there's some incompatibility that the installer would not check beforehand. But they will not damage anything, so don't worry about such extreme.

Then, as far as you are not running it, no program is going to consume RAM memory. So, just installing a program will not exhaust your RAM on the system slowing it down. The only concern you should have is to not fill too much your hard drive (ideally, keep them up to 90% utilization). That could lead to other kind of instability problems. Since the multiplayer addition to the game, now the installation downloads all the accessory DLC except map ones; so the installation has grow significantly for many people. But it still occupies around "only" 15GB plus profile data. Your computer has 512GB so you should be OK regarding that.

Regards

PS: Heck! Just noticed the size of the chinese lunar paintjobs DLC. Almost 2GB this one alone?

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”