Fixing AI Traffic

Darim

Fixing AI Traffic

#1 Post by Darim » 24 Jun 2022 19:02

Out of both ETS and ATS, ETS has the worse AI traffic I have ever seen! They really, seriously, need to be re-worked! Even the other commercial drivers will force you off the road if they decide they want the lane you are currently driving in! The AI's will drive full speed ahead into you. Like, WTF? You can't see this huge rig?
AI driver issues? Damn the torpedoes... Full Steam ahead! :twisted: :evil:
Ch_R0me

Re: Fixing AI Traffic

#2 Post by Ch_R0me » 25 Jun 2022 09:54

This is probably one of the highest issues I've encountered myself.

To be honest, I thought that AI was learning from me (since I'm playing on keyboard) and that's why was so bad (I remember some AI acting like a "sheriff in Poland", that is - forcing you to halt in his rusty VW Passat 1.9 TDI on the highway/motorway). 😂
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
Darim

#3 Post by Darim » 25 Jun 2022 16:54

Ch_R0me wrote: 25 Jun 2022 09:54 This is probably one of the highest issues I've encountered myself.

To be honest, I thought that AI was learning from me (since I'm playing on keyboard) and that's why was so bad (I remember some AI acting like a "sheriff in Poland", that is - forcing you to halt in his rusty VW Passat 1.9 TDI on the highway/motorway). 😂
I play with keyboard myself and don't have this kind of "stupid" over on American Truck Simulator. Just today, while waiting in line to refuel, another semi came in and cut in front of me (just enough room to stick his nose in front) and cut me off! I had it. I blew my lid! Roadrage! I smashed my truck into his (he was a tanker and was hoping it would blow up, but it didn't). Of course I'll have to pay extreme amount of insane Euros for damages, not to mention losing "fragile Cargo" pay. I'm about ready to quit and go back over to ATS. The AI's over there aren't nearly as bad as here.

Have you also noticed how these idiot AI drivers tend to stop in the middle of a T intersection while you are trying to make a turn? "Duh, go ahead I'll wait right here. You can squeeze past, right"? (Road Rage ... Again)!

Isn't ATS built off same engine that ETS has? Yet the differences are so extreme! SMH
Ch_R0me

#4 Post by Ch_R0me » 26 Jun 2022 14:13

Darim wrote: 25 Jun 2022 16:54 (...)

I play with keyboard myself and don't have this kind of "stupid" over on American Truck Simulator. Just today, while waiting in line to refuel, another semi came in and cut in front of me (just enough room to stick his nose in front) and cut me off! I had it. I blew my lid! Roadrage! I smashed my truck into his (he was a tanker and was hoping it would blow up, but it didn't). Of course I'll have to pay extreme amount of insane Euros for damages, not to mention losing "fragile Cargo" pay. I'm about ready to quit and go back over to ATS. The AI's over there aren't nearly as bad as here.

Have you also noticed how these idiot AI drivers tend to stop in the middle of a T intersection while you are trying to make a turn? "Duh, go ahead I'll wait right here. You can squeeze past, right"? (Road Rage ... Again)!

Isn't ATS built off same engine that ETS has? Yet the differences are so extreme! SMH
I get you, since I tend to play both ETS2 and ATS.
Sometimes, I really get mad over what AI drivers are doing. Played even the Convoys with friends and active AI drive - well... what AI is doing there, would surely make you quit... pardon, ragequit the ETS2.
Personal Truck Wishlist:

Darim

#5 Post by Darim » 26 Jun 2022 15:16

Nods. I've started to ragequit many times, but always came back for more punishment. LoL. Are the exit ramps on the freeways (or Motorways or whatever they are called in Europe) really this tight? Wow.

ATS: Darim: Los Angeles. 270 Trucks & Drivers. 54 Garages. Profit: 11M++ week (gametime) Peterbilt 389
ETS: Douglas Lvl 18. Malmo. 1 Truck: Mercedes New Atro. Profit: 242K.
No Debts from Bank on either.

So I got bored with ATS cause I have it all filled out and every map available. (Still waiting on Texas and Montana to be released)
On a positive note, ETS trucks turn better. They will hydroplane when raining if going too fast into a turn. (Our American truck prolly heavier).
Harder to fill in map over in ETS. Money is the same; just dollars or Euros. Fuel seems cheaper here. And it sure does rain alot! Had to turn it down.
I like the bridges and views. Not as many rest areas so have to plan out ahead of time where to call it a night at. (My eyes are bad both RL and in game so don't see well in dark).
I like the ferry's, hate the train tunnel. Again, some places are extremely tight to fit into and out of!
In both game, it is fun at time to exact revenge on AI drivers. (We can't do that in RL obviously). Sometimes if you hit them enough times they disappear from the game.

Oh yea. The voice navigation while in Great Brittan is incorrect. Example: "Stay left. Go straight." when the map shows you taking the EXIT LEFT not straight! smh.
Darim

#6 Post by Darim » 26 Jun 2022 20:53

Was having a fantastic run, today. Right up until a van decided to pull right out in front of me. I was doing speed limit 97 and in the fast lane. It was in the slow lane. No where for me to go but right up it's rear end! Not even time to brake hard. Never fails. Cannot go 1 OTR trip without some stupid AI causing an accident. 13K Euros repair bill. Why do I keep trying? Only a fool keeps trying the same thing only to have the same results. That truly makes me a fool. Damn this game. FIX this Crap!
Ch_R0me

#7 Post by Ch_R0me » 27 Jun 2022 11:47

Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 Nods. I've started to ragequit many times, but always came back for more punishment. LoL. Are the exit ramps on the freeways (or Motorways or whatever they are called in Europe) really this tight? Wow.
Roads in Europe are tighter, that's why COE's are ruling here. Sometimes it is truly problematic to turn on the
And yeah, in original (UK) English, the highways are known as motorways indeed.

Wider roads I've encountered are in Scandinavia (Denmark especially).
Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 ATS: Darim: Los Angeles. 270 Trucks & Drivers. 54 Garages. Profit: 11M++ week (gametime) Peterbilt 389
ETS: Douglas Lvl 18. Malmo. 1 Truck: Mercedes New Atro. Profit: 242K.
No Debts from Bank on either.
Well, my stats are:

ETS2: Chrome Logistics: Geneva, CH. 15 garages (3 for personal use), 13 private trucks (out of 73), Profit: 2.2M/week. Usually using Ford F-Max (mod).
ATS: ChromaStar, Olympia, WA. 6 garages (3 for personal use), 10 private trucks (out of 24), Profit: 650k/week. Usually using Kenworth K-100E (mod).[/quote]
Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 So I got bored with ATS cause I have it all filled out and every map available. (Still waiting on Texas and Montana to be released)
Nice, I just bought ID, UT and got a NM from buddy for doing over 30k kilometers in both games in last month (pumping up stats for our TB company)in ATS, along with Scandinavia and Italy for ETS2. Just done exploring the first one, scoring the Adventurer achievement on Steam. :mrgreen:

Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 On a positive note, ETS trucks turn better. They will hydroplane when raining if going too fast into a turn. (Our American truck prolly heavier).
It's about the physics. Conventional trucks are longer, have lower center of mass, but they have a bigger turn radius. Tried it personally with Scania T-series truck (from mod). Unusable on some T-shaped very tight junctions, hence my first comment on top.
I know that US manufacturers had COE cabs before, due to the length limiting law(s), yet there are mods allowing to use some of them, like Freightliner Argosy and FLB, International 9800 or even Kenworth K100-E or K200. Just be sure to look around for any "defects", brought by them.

Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 It's more
Harder to fill in map over in ETS. Money is the same; just dollars or Euros. Fuel seems cheaper here. And it sure does rain alot! Had to turn it down.
I like the bridges and views. Not as many rest areas so have to plan out ahead of time where to call it a night at. (My eyes are bad both RL and in game so don't see well in dark).
Pretty much. It's a compact US, after all, but the states are independent (I wish personally to be unified under one federation, to be honest...)
And about rains - this is the reason, why we don't have deserts (yet). To be honest, it should rain even more in UK :lol:
For the rest areas though... I think that in ATS I had a bigger problem to find a rest stop, they are not so densely positioned as in ETS2.
Try to look at the borders; they have a rest spots (usually). Also fuel stations have them as well. Problem is to find them, but then - look after signs.
Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 I like the ferry's, hate the train tunnel. Again, some places are extremely tight to fit into and out of!
In both game, it is fun at time to exact revenge on AI drivers. (We can't do that in RL obviously). Sometimes if you hit them enough times they disappear from the game.
Ferries are nice, especially when you get more and more DLC's to drive around. They 're a good (excl. being paid, obviously) shortcuts and/or alternative routes between countries (especially when you need to get to UK, around Mediterrean Sea and between Nordic states and Poland/Finland).

For the Calais/Dover Rail stations - these are like in real life. You need a considerate amount of patience and looking around, to hit the correct ramp to go down and board the train. Usually it's the third one, just look for this: "🚛"

And back to the main issue: Yesterday I got hit by AI cars on roundabout and when turning right from the interchange/juction. While on first hit I didn't had damage, on the second one got 7% damage on the truck and 1% on the trailer. Cargo was unscathed, fortunately.
Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 Oh yea. The voice navigation while in Great Brittan is incorrect. Example: "Stay left. Go straight." when the map shows you taking the EXIT LEFT not straight! smh.
UK to be honest needs a SERIOUS rework. Yet, about the navigation, I believe that the left-most lane is a exit lane, similiar to the exit lanes in US interstate freeways.

But I've noticed the same inconsistency when driving in ATS; the reworked roundabout in Truckee, CA. Navigation says to "turn right" twice, where it should be "at the roundabout, take the "x" exit.

But back to the thread: AI in ETS2 still needs to get a SERIOUS logic rework, because in the gaming news I'm reading articles about how much folks are mad due to AI being such a jerk.
Personal Truck Wishlist:

Darim

#8 Post by Darim » 27 Jun 2022 14:46

UK to be honest needs a SERIOUS rework. Yet, about the navigation, I believe that the left-most lane is a exit lane, similiar to the exit lanes in US interstate freeways.

But I've noticed the same inconsistency when driving in ATS; the reworked roundabout in Truckee, CA. Navigation says to "turn right" twice, where it should be "at the roundabout, take the "x" exit.

But back to the thread: AI in ETS2 still needs to get a SERIOUS logic rework, because in the gaming news I'm reading articles about how much folks are mad due to AI being such a jerk.
I haven't see that turn error in the US (ATS), but maybe I missed it since the last patch.
As for AI multitude complaints, one would think they would fix it. I'm so frustrated that I'm often ready to rage-quit. Someone asked on the ATS Facebook page about thinking of getting ETS and was wanting to know more. So I informed him, honestly: both Pro's and Con's. But I stressed the AI situation hard, as well as the narrowness of areas. I've had to abandon few loads because the pick-up was situated in such a tight area it is impossible to get started! At 15K Euro's a hit, that adds up fast! Not to mention repair damages to truck and loss of income if trailer/cargo gets any damage. And it's impossible to drive without getting into an accident. Yesterday, a van turned right in front of me @ 97Kph. No time to stop or move. Bamn! I was then like screw this. I'm done. But, after short break, I came back and called for tow and got truck repaired. 33K Euros in damage for truck. Plus loss of "fragile Load" income and after fuel and expenses, I didn't even break even. Even had to take out a loan once just to cover repair bills. Never had to do that in ATS. In ATS, never paid $33k for repairs and I'm level 44 over there. Also to abandon a love in ATS is only $12k where in ETS it's 15K. Go figure since incomes are the same prices. Fuel is a bit cheaper tho over there in ETS.
Darim

#9 Post by Darim » 28 Jun 2022 10:24

Yeah. Finally no crashes or accidents with an AI driver. First time since I started ETS2. And I decided to park my truck, and drive "company" trucks and let them pay for everything. Atleast for now since I'm tired of struggling and staying broke. LoL. Tho I did hit a rubber caution cone, damn who would have thought they were that hard! :P
Reapercore

#10 Post by Reapercore » 19 Jul 2022 16:02

Darim wrote: 26 Jun 2022 15:16 Nods. I've started to ragequit many times, but always came back for more punishment. LoL. Are the exit ramps on the freeways (or Motorways or whatever they are called in Europe) really this tight? Wow.
Not in the UK, but they've just made the UK look like mainland Europe.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”