Custom emergency AI in events

Dejf94

Custom emergency AI in events

#1 Post by Dejf94 » 25 Jun 2022 11:19

Hello,

I have created some custom ambulances and customs (Zoll) cars. I'd like to add them in events, how can I do that? Ambulances are copies of SCS Ducato, customs car is also working, if I define it as police car.

My first goal is activating my ambulances in events, and I am confused what should I edit, as it is not as simple as police car event definitions are.

Second goal is creating customs road events for France, as I made French Douane car. I tried almost anything to make event just like it is in Romania with ANAF Duster, but I was probably not succesful and event never appeared.

Anyone can pls give me helping hand in this?

Thank you.

D.
m1keY

Re: Custom emergency AI in events

#2 Post by m1keY » 25 Jun 2022 15:04

I would extract basegame content, look how it's setup... for events I believe one need to also know a bit of the mapediting part of the game - could be wrong about that

on this forum you have a mod that adds additional events, maybe check it out
Dejf94

#3 Post by Dejf94 » 27 Jun 2022 06:30

I tried, but that mods adds ton of content, I'd like to keep it simple. Maybe I'll ask for help the creator. Thanks :)
danbywinby

#4 Post by danbywinby » 27 Jun 2022 08:13

Hi

For activating your ambulances you will need to find the relevant unit in '/unit/hookup/____.sii'. I can't remember off the top of my head which file the ambulances are in possibly 'special_vehicles'. But when you find it you will just need to add in the name of your ambulance. Look at the existing vehicle names for example.

For whatever reason SCS has a vehicle category of 'police' but not for 'ambulance' or 'fire' which is very odd in my opinion and makes this process not as easy.

For custom road events in France i would recommend first of all starting by looking at the SCS wiki: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... oad_Events. It doesn't contain all of the information but is a good introduction. For restricting the event to France you will want to have a look at the 'journey_events_road_event' unit which contains 'countries' and 'excluded_countries' tags (https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... road_event).

Hope that helps.

Any more questions just let me know.

Great to see that someone else wants to get into learning modding random road events.
Dejf94

#5 Post by Dejf94 » 27 Jun 2022 15:06

Thank you for your answer! Well, mod will be VIP and will not be published publicly, but I'll try my best. I may share screens later through pm for you, if I'll be succesful. :)
Dejf94

#6 Post by Dejf94 » 27 Jun 2022 17:13

@danbywinby Well, I tried to browse through files you wrote to me. I'll try the ambulance allowing for events. I only have two questions - do I need to replace SCS file with only added lines of my ambulances, or do I need to create custom file with just my ambulance added (like special_vehicles.VIP.sii)? And, if the first option, should I delete lines with police cars allowed instead of ambulances, or not?

But allowing customs scene for France, I have no idea what I am looking at in the files, so many shortcuts and terms I have no idea what they mean. Specifically, I only want take Romania events with Customs (ANAF) Duster, allow them in France as they are, and only replace Romanian Duster with my own car. Can you pls guide me, what to do?
danbywinby

#7 Post by danbywinby » 27 Jun 2022 18:49

@Dejf94 For the ambulance you will need to replace the existing SCS file with your line/s added for your ambulance.

With regards to the scenes for France, I need more detail on exactly what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to create an entirely new event or simply create a 'France only' version of an existing SCS event?
Dejf94

#8 Post by Dejf94 » 27 Jun 2022 19:45

I'll try it with the ambo.

Second choice you wrote, I want French version of Romanian (Black Sea) event with customs police. (Truck + trailer on the road shoulder, rear doors opened, policemen, police dog, searching for contraband, customs police vehicle behind the trailer with flashing lights). I guess there may be more variations of this road event with customs, but I am not sure, as there is nothing like a "list of possible events".
Dejf94

#9 Post by Dejf94 » 28 Jun 2022 18:40

One more thing @danbywinby - I probably need to allow events with ambulances for countries, where SCS have none, right? So I guess it will be same high difficulty as my trouble with the customs event :-/

Return to “Help center - player to player”