Game Crashing

TheCanuck

Game Crashing

#1 Post by TheCanuck » 25 Jun 2022 12:40

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I have no mods installed and the game still continually crashes to desktop. I did have a couple of mods. One engine mod I did not like the sound of. And the other one never worked. Engine was not in the shop to buy. So removed both and even unsubscribed to them. So I have no mods now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled game 3 times, and verified files after each install. Game still crashes. I'm at the point that I'm thinking of reinstalling windows to set all the windows settings back to default, as I bought this barely used computer from a friend of mine ( I added the 3060 video card) who bought it to use his music studio software on. And he told me that he followed some video on youtube for the CPU to prioritize sound over video. So I think that may be it, but not sure. And I have no idea what settings he changed and I don't think he even remembers. So I was thinking that a reinstall of windows will put everything back to default. Really don't want to go that route though.

Anyway, here is the game log. Maybe someone can see something in there, and give me some idea of what is going on here.
Attachments
game.log.txt
(51.99 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Digital X

Re: Game Crashing

#2 Post by Digital X » 25 Jun 2022 13:53

Did it crash driving west from Ponte De Sor, or going east towards Ponte De Sor? I've just gone west through the toll with no problems.

One thing you can try is going to config.cfg, and find these two lines and set them to 0:

uset cf_asus_aura "0"
uset cf_razer_chroma "0"
TheCanuck

#3 Post by TheCanuck » 25 Jun 2022 15:36

Hi Digital x,

Thanks for replying. Really appreciate it. I was think I was going east towards Ponte De Sor actually. And I set those two lines to zero. So I'm going to start the game again now, and see what happens. To see if that makes any difference. Again, thanks, and I'll let you know what happens.
TheCanuck

#4 Post by TheCanuck » 25 Jun 2022 16:05

Nope, game still crashes. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Digital X

#5 Post by Digital X » 25 Jun 2022 16:10

If you make a new profile, teleport to the position and go east again (and west through it just to double check everything) see if it crashes then. If it does, please post a new game.log.
Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 25 Jun 2022 23:38

Also if it crashes again, can you provide the crash log, it may contain something useful (but probably not).
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
BigBoss

#7 Post by BigBoss » 29 Jun 2022 18:38

Digital X wrote: 25 Jun 2022 13:53 Did it crash driving west from Ponte De Sor, or going east towards Ponte De Sor? I've just gone west through the toll with no problems.

One thing you can try is going to config.cfg, and find these two lines and set them to 0:

uset cf_asus_aura "0"
uset cf_razer_chroma "0"
What exactly do these values do?

uset cf_asus_aura "0"
uset cf_razer_chroma "0"
Digital X

#8 Post by Digital X » 29 Jun 2022 18:42

They're both pretty similar in terms of functionality.

Asus Aura is an RGB Software that adapts LED colours and patterns based on CPU/GPU load and also colours on the screen.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/

Razer Chroma is similar but aimed at Razer products as it hooks onto music, videos and games.

https://www.razer.com/chroma

Both have been known to cause problems so unless you plan to utilize them it's best to keep them off.
BigBoss

#9 Post by BigBoss » 29 Jun 2022 18:45

Digital X wrote: 29 Jun 2022 18:42 They're both pretty similar in terms of functionality.

Asus Aura is an RGB Software that adapts LED colours and patterns based on CPU/GPU load and also colours on the screen.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/

Razer Chroma is similar but aimed at Razer products as it hooks onto music, videos and games.

https://www.razer.com/chroma

Both have been known to cause problems so unless you plan to utilize them it's best to keep them off.
Ah thank you very much. I disabled both because I don't have either.
Now my knowledge is a lot richer again. :D :D
Digital X

#10 Post by Digital X » 29 Jun 2022 18:47

You're welcome.

Return to “Technical Problems”