Game Improvements (Split from Texas Discussion Thread)

Travismods

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#31 Post by Travismods » 25 Jun 2022 20:54

@seriousmods Personally I seem to play way more than people on here (daily, 2-3 hours), yet I argue here a lot too lol. I suppose that for all thats lacking in game people spend that time on the forums debating why its not there to fill the void, and some spend it defending SCS to their last breath on why it shouldn't make the game.

I don't have high hopes either but I still think its important we voice our opinion here continuously, as well as on the blogs. Whats...really weird to me is that to a lot of people here it almost seems like the SCS forum is the game, and the actual game should just stay the same and be an afterthought. They just want to be "right" on different forum debates about this or that and shut down new thoughts and ideas to make the actual game richer. It's a weird disconnect from the act of actually playing the game lol.
Viper28

#32 Post by Viper28 » 25 Jun 2022 20:55

koolizz wrote: 25 Jun 2022 17:59 @Viper28 Pavel is not interested in making this game the actual truck simulator the community has requested it to be since launch - or something would have changed over the years. His own outlook was as late as 2020 "the user that has 20 minutes and just wants to drive a truck through a landscape". Thats the player that is on Pavels mind. His outlook explains pretty well why there are so many missed opportunities with this game and why its still missing so much 7 years later as far as simulation goes. He sees a casual user playing an easy mindless drive game across the US and Europe as the end goal.
wow, I've never heard of that blurb. Well then, that IS the bulk of the issue. When the leader's vision is a low to the horizon as the road one drives on, their aren't many options. Someday there will be a change of guard...but until then I guess it's fairly pointless to really advocate for anything that pushes the game in an innovative detail-increasing direction. Good luck guys. We gets what we gets or someone has to find something else. If it's any consolation; If I had the money I fund a truck simulation game for free that would incorporate many of the simulation detail and gameplay features some of us tirelessly advocate for simply as a result of the audacity to be so stubbornly simplistic with many aspects of this game. With a vision that isn't merely satisfied with simply going "spoon to mouth." But, alas, I don't.

Well, here's to Texas, may she at least come with boots and a hat.
Last edited by Viper28 on 25 Jun 2022 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Wolfi
Beta tester

#33 Post by Wolfi » 25 Jun 2022 20:59

SuchManor wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:36 Lol what is this supposed to mean? I have over 2,500 hours on ATS and have played since the game came out, so I think I'm aloud to voice my opinion on the current content of the game.
No one denies you your opinion. But despite those 2500 hours, you clearly stated that you can only play the game for a short period of time without getting bored and that's what I addressed.
And as for what the game needs, that's again, your point of view.
There's still a ton of people who regularly but new DLC's. So it's clear they are happy with what the game is now and with the direction it's going for. And that's why SCS does what they do.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Travismods

#34 Post by Travismods » 25 Jun 2022 21:02

@Viper28 That statement was in an interview that you can watch on youtube I believe. It is what we have been saying for a long time - the more one listens to Pavel, he seems to lack the drive for innovation and avoid risk taking. Moreover he is not a trucking enthusiast at heart (few people at SCS seem to be), he also stated himself that SCS didn't start as a trucking passionate company. They made completely other games before the trucksims and just kind of tried it out to see where it went and they found success. But success does not necessarily make someone have vision, passion or drive to innovate. They might just want to stay where they are for stability. Of course, as a result players will suffer.

Its why I am not purchasing more DLCs. Things have gotten too boring. I fear more people will go this route sooner or later.
Last edited by Travismods on 25 Jun 2022 21:05, edited 2 times in total.
SouthernMan

#35 Post by SouthernMan » 25 Jun 2022 21:04

jarryed wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:47 I am not expecting to go out and push a button to see an animation of a ratchet strap tightening, or a snap binder locking. I don't want to go inside a trailer and secure a load with load locks. I don't want to stand at the landing gear and crank away for a couple of minutes to get it to raise or lower. If I want to do that stuff I will go back out on the road and drive professionally again.

There are already enough buttons in use for the game and more were just added recently for the suspension. There is only so much that SCS can do. I have a 32 function button box that is already completely filled up. Because of things that were added I am back to putting things on my keyboard. I simply do not need the added stuff that you are requesting.

What I would like to see though is dramatically improved graphics, better ai handling(I agree it is pathetic right now), more and better quality skyboxes, anti-aliasing fixes. I am in total agreement with Flight50 on the ICC's. Hauling the same goods, to the same places goes get tiring. This is why I use cargo mods. I can't change things about companies. Instead of seeing the bouncing arrow on where to park I would love to have to stop at the guard gate and get assigned a door. All the doors in the company should be usable. Then go and back in. You can simulate the hour or two(depending on load) that is takes to get unloaded.

One thing I don't want to deal with in the game is sitting at a company for 8 hours. That absolutely stinks in real life and should not be imitated here.
But it's not just about what you mentioned, Mr... There are many things that are viable for SCS to bring to their games, such as better logistics and we don't see that. I believe that when some people question that they want more from SCS, it's not about this kind of function, but that things that are viable become a reality ingame. There's a lot of scenery thrown in the trash, companies that could be functional... but aren't. In my case, these are the things I've been asking for SCS. I'm not just thinking about myself, but the general public. But... anyway.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Travismods

#36 Post by Travismods » 25 Jun 2022 21:07

@jarryed Nobody is expecting or even want a perfect recreation of trucking IRL, but the game in its current state is pretty far from that lol...you only drive. Thats the whole game. Drive, drive drive. Surely a "truck simulator" could have something beyond just driving?

And IF you are going to make the game only about driving, why not make the driving interesting with potholes, physical tire damage, dirt, wind affecting the trailer, steep mountain passes, engines breaking down etc? If driving is the game, make it interesting. Give at least the one truck mechanic of the game some challenge and immersion.
Last edited by Travismods on 25 Jun 2022 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Viper28

#37 Post by Viper28 » 25 Jun 2022 21:09

Wolfi wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:59
SuchManor wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:36 Lol what is this supposed to mean? I have over 2,500 hours on ATS and have played since the game came out, so I think I'm aloud to voice my opinion on the current content of the game.
No one denies you your opinion. But despite those 2500 hours, you clearly stated that you can only play the game for a short period of time without getting bored and that's what I addressed.
There's still a ton of people who regularly but new DLC's. So it's clear they are happy with what the game is now and with the direction it's going for. And that's why SCS does what they do.
Wolfi, I'm not gonna deny what you said, but I am gonna say, I would like to see some verifiable numbers. And let's be honest here, there isn't another truck sim out there, so what are folks gonna do. I criticize the game up and down (and occasionally praise it) and yet still buy most of the DLCs because there simply aren't any other options. Now, are there consumers/Fans that are not in that mindset? Sure. But let's not ignore the reality that this really isn't a "big fish small pond" scenario...there is no pond. It's this or nothing. Now gimme a decent heads up true competitor, I'd be interested to see what happens. (but there isn't enough money in it for that).
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
jarryed

#38 Post by jarryed » 25 Jun 2022 21:10

I get it @SouthernMan but that is why I mentioned ICC's too. Industry, Company, and Cargo is how, I think, Flight50 describes that.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Wolfi
Beta tester

#39 Post by Wolfi » 25 Jun 2022 21:13

koolizz wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:28 @Wolfi Have you ever considered that if you take issue with criticism and requests for improvements to this game on here, then maybe those comments aren't for you? Not everybody has to like every comment made here, there are enough comments that praise the game you can look at.
Oh, but I did consider it. That's why I asked you in the past to not tag me. Because I'm not interested in reading your posts.
I do however find it quite amusing that you yourself don't follow this advice and respond to my comment which clearly upsets you. Which is even more interesting when you consider it's not even remotely aimed towards you...

I was kinda hoping to engage in a somewhat reasonable discussion with our friend here. But I now see that's not really a viable option, so indeed I'll happily move on with my time to some more constructive discussions.
Thank you.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
SuchManor

#40 Post by SuchManor » 25 Jun 2022 21:14

Wolfi wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:59
Which is my point. For players who have a lot of hours, there is not much left to do with the current content in the game. Taking the same loads from point A to point B on the same roads and the same cities for the last 9 months gets boring fast. But, although I have experienced the game in its entirety as of now, the game "isn't for me"? What kind of logic is that?
As for what the game needs, I think I share the same point of view as many users in this forum and many that play the game. And surely the same as you, right? Unless you are happy with how stagnant the game is right now. Surely not, right? If so, I'd be happy to hear why the game is perfect and needs no new content right now, or, on the contrary, what content you think needs to be added.
I, and many others, buy new DLCs with the hope of new content, and to hold me over until the next update (which is consistently underwhelming). The current direction of this game is going to run it into the mud unless we get more important and exciting content. I've put thousands of hours into this game and want it to thrive and survive.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”