Game Improvements (Split from Texas Discussion Thread)

SouthernMan

Re: Game Improvements (Split from Texas Discussion Thread)

#72 Post by SouthernMan » 27 Jun 2022 14:33

@seriousmods Nice vídeo!
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
flight50

#73 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 15:08

Nice simple prefab to works. The people walking though...no way SCS does that. There is almost 100% chance people will try to hit them which is a topic we have discussed many times. Its the reason why we don't get wildlife really crossing.

The truck stop is great as well. That is how it should be. SCS did something almost on that level for a few truck stops when Vegas got reworked but due to performance issues, they went back to how it was. Hopefully they figure it out and add all truck models back to truck stops. The lighting must improve on such stops though. Too dark to be realistic.
SouthernMan

#74 Post by SouthernMan » 27 Jun 2022 15:56

@flight50 Well, on this point I really agree, probably people are going to bump into people/wildlife just to see what would happen...

About the lighting: It's exactly what @seriousmods and I were discussing a few days ago... The lighting is too dark, totally unrealistic.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#75 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 16:07

flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 15:08 Nice simple prefab to works. The people walking though...no way SCS does that. There is almost 100% chance people will try to hit them which is a topic we have discussed many times. Its the reason why we don't get wildlife really crossing.
Neither have collision, so they can't be hit?
Optional Features

#76 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 16:08

SouthernMan wrote: 27 Jun 2022 15:56 About the lighting: It's exactly what @seriousmods and I were discussing a few days ago... The lighting is too dark, totally unrealistic.
Yeah, around a light pole shouldn't be that bad for sure.
flight50

#77 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 16:53

seriousmods wrote: 27 Jun 2022 16:07
flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 15:08 Nice simple prefab to works. The people walking though...no way SCS does that. There is almost 100% chance people will try to hit them which is a topic we have discussed many times. Its the reason why we don't get wildlife really crossing.
Neither have collision, so they can't be hit?
No doubt but people will try still and going thru people would be unrealistic. At least this is what most people would say. For PEGI 3, no collision still wouldn't be the answer for SCS to implement. I think SCS can pull it off at crosswalks though. Do it like rail road crossings with invisible barriers for when pedestrians are crossing. There is also the sidestep/jumping fix in programming that could happen if a truck got.......lets say within a few meters from pedestrians. I think there is a way to make it impossible to hit pedestrians but will SCS explore that options?
SouthernMan

#78 Post by SouthernMan » 27 Jun 2022 17:14

New Company in Cody, WY - ATS 1.45 Beta
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
flight50

#79 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 17:22

Yeah the blog said the depot was in. Look pretty cool. I wonder what all can we do with that prefab. Service wise and cargo wise. I sooooo hope we can pull thru the garage for service. The lot is large enough it looks like to me.

I like the parking lot in the back and the spacing around the building. 2 perfect cargoes...........pippy back trucks and piggy back trailers for service. I am not positive if this depot is only service for trailers. The wording SCS uses is a little puzzling though. Its a little vague. I think its trailers only though. So only piggyback trailers would apply. Lowboys, flatbeds, drop decks, containers. It would be nice to see this prefab bring these.

viewtopic.php?p=1125716#p1125716

Soool if its trailers only, the current service for trucks can get reworked to do drive thru service. The size of this prefab is perfect whether you have a trailer attached or not. If SCS wants to leave the current garages alone (I recommended before), come up with a new garage just like this one so that the game doesn't break. On that new prefab, make all brands of trucks parked around it to simulate truck services. All pull thru that way.
Last edited by flight50 on 27 Jun 2022 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernMan

#80 Post by SouthernMan » 27 Jun 2022 17:27

@flight50 I believe it is not possible, it will just be a company to pick up loads and bring loads. I went to get a load and there was none, however lol

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”