Game Improvements (Split from Texas Discussion Thread)

Trakaplex

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#41 Post by Trakaplex » 25 Jun 2022 21:33

SuchManor wrote: 25 Jun 2022 21:14
Wolfi wrote: 25 Jun 2022 20:59
No one denies you your opinion. But despite those 2500 hours, you clearly stated that you can only play the game for a short period of time without getting bored and that's what I addressed.
And as for what the game needs, that's again, your point of view.
There's still a ton of people who regularly but new DLC's. So it's clear they are happy with what the game is now and with the direction it's going for. And that's why SCS does what they do.
Which is my point. For players who have a lot of hours, there is not much left to do with the current content in the game. Taking the same loads from point A to point B on the same roads and the same cities for the last 9 months gets boring fast. But, although I have experienced the game in its entirety as of now, the game "isn't for me"? What kind of logic is that?
As for what the game needs, I think I share the same point of view as many users in this forum and many that play the game. And surely the same as you, right? Unless you are happy with how stagnant the game is right now. Surely not, right? If so, I'd be happy to hear why the game is perfect and needs no new content right now, or, on the contrary, what content you think needs to be added.
I, and many others, buy new DLCs with the hope of new content, and to hold me over until the next update (which is consistently underwhelming). The current direction of this game is going to run it into the mud unless we get more important and exciting content. I've put thousands of hours into this game and want it to thrive and survive.
If you explored the whole map, Texas might make that 66%. Judging by the number of roads, it wouldn't seem as old and boring, as we see Wyoming now despite it being a recent release.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Optional Features

#42 Post by Optional Features » 25 Jun 2022 21:36

If you don't like it, don't play is a common retort from the scs fanbase. I need to come up with a list of all the common responses and catalogue them somewhere. If you spend a lot of time on the forum as I have been lately, it becomes like listening to a voicemail pre-recorded message.

@jarryed To your point about waiting for 8 hours, literally no one wants this. But we should, in a hardcore mode, have to wait two minutes maybe.

Same with the fact we shouldn't be able to total a truck at 100% damage, tow it to a garage, and instantly have it repaired to 100% health.

There are plenty of areas where the game could improve, and many of them would be universally accepted as positive.

Some of these I have posted here: some others have posted, but these are things we should expect at this point imo.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SuchManor

#43 Post by SuchManor » 25 Jun 2022 21:36

@Trakaplex Yeah Texas is my most anticipated. Montana and Texas will hold us over for a while.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
SouthernMan

#44 Post by SouthernMan » 25 Jun 2022 21:41

This is a detail that SCS could do without any difficulty, but for some reason or reason they don't (made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdetwyIUDn4

As I said before, maybe it's because of their policy, but... it doesn't make sense to me, must have bumps in some places.
This is something I'd like to see in texas, though.
Last edited by SouthernMan on 25 Jun 2022 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Travismods

#45 Post by Travismods » 25 Jun 2022 21:44

SouthernMan wrote: 25 Jun 2022 21:41 This is a detail that SCS could do without any difficulty, but for some reason or reason they don't (made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdetwyIUDn4

As I said before, maybe it's because of their policy, but... it doesn't make sense to me, must have bumps in some places.
Wow! Why am I always more impressed with modders than the developer with this game? Please tell me you will release this as a mod!
Last edited by Travismods on 25 Jun 2022 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
PBandJ

#46 Post by PBandJ » 25 Jun 2022 21:45

I think it would benefit the forums here to remove the off topic section, general discussion section and possibly the Wishlist and suggestions section. The place would be a lot more friendlier. Just make one section since the same discussions seem to happen in all of the mentioned sections over and over and over. I thought this was suppose to be about Texas.... :roll:
Trakaplex

#47 Post by Trakaplex » 25 Jun 2022 21:54

PBandJ wrote: 25 Jun 2022 21:45 I think it would benefit the forums here to remove the off topic section, general discussion section and possibly the Wishlist and suggestions section. The place would be a lot more friendlier. Just make one section since the same discussions seem to happen in all of the mentioned sections over and over and over. I thought this was suppose to be about Texas.... :roll:
It is... and the logistics will make it more exciting. We're talking about the advantage Texas might have compared to previous states.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Optional Features

#48 Post by Optional Features » 25 Jun 2022 22:24

Texas should include more than just more roads. I hope we all can agree on that.
danbywinby

#49 Post by danbywinby » 25 Jun 2022 22:34

@SouthernMan Your posts about your mods on the previous page and page 379 are very impressive and prove that as I and others have said already SCS already has the tools and technology to make a lot of our wishes and improvements actually happen in the games. Also can you please either release those mods or share details of how you made them so that this does not get lost.

At the end of the day for now all we can do is wait and see what happens. Maybe Texas will be the big saviour and milestone that many think it will be. Maybe 1.45 or another update soon will bring a big feature we all want. Maybe something else will happen. Either way let's wait and see. In the end as pointed out SCS is a business and we all have the choice of whether to support them or not. Many of us have been here for years, I myself have been following SCS games since the days of UK Truck Simulator. Things don't last for ever. Things do change.
SouthernMan

#50 Post by SouthernMan » 25 Jun 2022 22:45

@danbywinby Well, maybe I'll release that little company I made in GrangeVille, ID. There are thousands and thousands of scenarios that could be functional, but unfortunately SCS doesn't seem to make them work. Therefore, modders have to do this service. I've seen a lot of people saying that such a thing is not possible, that it doesn't make sense for SCS to do that, etc, etc, etc... Modders, in general, have proved that yes, it is possible to do amazing things with the tools that are available for all.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”