ATS 1.45 Discussion

jarryed

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#211 Post by jarryed » 28 Jun 2022 19:12

Stations are already deliverable in game. They are rare but I think it should be more common. If you ever have a fuel load going to Ehrenberg to Gallon then that is a fuel load to the station. It has been this way for awhile actually. Ehrenberg only has a Charged, small Wallbert and the Gallon.

I don't think their needs to be a refinery for each brand. SCS could make say 3 independent(they sell fuel to Haulett, Aron, etc) refinery locations for the supply to the other companies. Leave Gallon Oil as is. I would be ok if SCS changed the names of a couple of them, if needed, so one of the 3 added are in the states that we already have.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Marcello Julio

#212 Post by Marcello Julio » 28 Jun 2022 19:54

In fact, they need to make the gas stations like companies that you can always pick up and deliver cargo. Just like that at rare times and in specific places it doesn't look cool. As I suggested a few pages ago, just make it all or almost all the gas stations as a company and create a refinery for each one of them, with the exception of Gallon Oil, which is the only one that has a refinery.
Tristman

#213 Post by Tristman » 28 Jun 2022 20:05

I think the fuel deliveries are only bound to some older prefab, or at least a gas station that used to be more prevalent around the base map and early DLC. It would be nice if we could also deliver a trailer with gasoline to some of the big truck stops in the newer DLC.
flight50

#214 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 20:07

werewoooooooolf wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:27 Flight50: Except for Gallon, every name was changed and it doesn’t resemble the real life counterpart much.

It’s a good thing IMO, if that’s the direction they’re gonna take, guess which depot has a better change of getting replaced, maybe even get another counterpart company ending its monopoly? :)
Hehe...Wallbert, lol. That one could be getting changed too. It would indeed be the perfect time to add a couple of alternates if they have to visit locations on the map.
VTXcnME wrote: 28 Jun 2022 17:44
jarryed wrote: 28 Jun 2022 17:02
Now speaking to what you mentioned Texas is, I believe, going to be the big game changer for SCS. They will be about halfway through the country(land size wise) and this is the state that most people are looking forward to. Hence that would be the appropriate time to introduce DX12, new AA, etc etc etc etc etc. Just sounds like you have absolutely no patience.
Agree. Patience is a virtue and in the case of SCS dev releases, a requirement.

With anything related to SCS, you should have patience, more patience, some bourbon, then a little more patience. And THEN you might get a blog post about whatever feature you're hoping for.

Nothing happens quickly with SCS. Anyone who's been around for more than 30 seconds should know this. LOL.

And if I've learned anything, being frustrated or annoyed or whatever about their timetable only impacts you. SCS isn't going to move an inch faster (though they might move slower to spite :D :lol: ), no matter how obnoxious you think their glacial pace is.
Bingo. Once you learn how SCS operates, its much much easier to cope with. There are other things play, do, see, etch. I surely thought DX12 had a shot at this 1.45. But its not. Nothing we can do. But what we do know is that SCS is working on it. All we need is time. So yeah patience is the best thing to have with anything SCS.
danbywinby

#215 Post by danbywinby » 28 Jun 2022 20:14

supersobes wrote: 28 Jun 2022 18:59 They did add the ability to deliver to fuel stations, but it's rare. I know I have delivered to two fuel stations with the new tankers in 1.45.
Where are these deliverable fuel stations located?

Depending on how these have been made it might be possible to relatively simply replicate this setup to other fuel stations.
parasaurolophus67

#216 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 28 Jun 2022 20:17

well, I was able to do a couple in Oregon at a rest area on I-5. after Medford. I know some other areas too which are in the base area of the game.
SouthernMan

#217 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 20:20

@flight50 But this, in my opinion, is only due to the fact that SCS has no other company as competition at its level. It's not that they really take time to get things done, it's that they're not worried about getting things out so fast when there's no one competing with them. They can release things faster with ease, but they don't see it as an advantage as they are alone in this business with no one who can release something better than theirs. Anyway... it's my opinion, and I could be wrong.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
jarryed

#218 Post by jarryed » 28 Jun 2022 20:26

Here we go with the no competition thing again.....facepalms.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
parasaurolophus67

#219 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 28 Jun 2022 20:28

@SouthernMan Lets not off-topic this again can we? .-.
jarryed

#220 Post by jarryed » 28 Jun 2022 20:31

danbywinby wrote: 28 Jun 2022 20:14 Where are these deliverable fuel stations located?
I haven't actively searched these out but know these two from memory: Ehrenberg, Bakersfield

Return to “General discussion about the game”