ATS 1.45 Discussion

CDRacer

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#201 Post by CDRacer » 28 Jun 2022 16:31

Let's do what modders did years ago and call it a patch. Nice!

Seriously we're half 2022 in and still no core patches - no promised dx12 and promised visual improvements it should've add, no promised game engine updates, no proper AA etc. Content is a good thing, but most of what was added in 2022 has been done by the modders already or just tiny good to have features. It seems like SCS team is Pavel, 3 PR dudes, 200 game designers and 1 poor coding guy...

I do understand why they redesigned gas stations, but why presenting it like it was long awaited innovation while it's just possible copyright issues. Hope they won't do the same with traffic, otherwise we'll have GTA cars instead lol
Marcello Julio

#202 Post by Marcello Julio » 28 Jun 2022 16:35

It was never really promised when the DX 12 would come. As with DX 11, it will only come when the time is right and it's ready.
jarryed

#203 Post by jarryed » 28 Jun 2022 17:02

CDRacer wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:31 Seriously we're half 2022 in and still no core patches - no promised dx12 and promised visual improvements it should've add, no promised game engine updates, no proper AA etc. Content is a good thing, but most of what was added in 2022 has been done by the modders already or just tiny good to have features. It seems like SCS team is Pavel, 3 PR dudes, 200 game designers and 1 poor coding guy...
Sounds like you expected everything mentioned to happen overnight and then have it yesterday......major fail!

Now speaking to what you mentioned Texas is, I believe, going to be the big game changer for SCS. They will be about halfway through the country(land size wise) and this is the state that most people are looking forward to. Hence that would be the appropriate time to introduce DX12, new AA, etc etc etc etc etc. Just sounds like you have absolutely no patience.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
clifflandmark

#204 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jun 2022 17:28

PGTransport wrote: 28 Jun 2022 04:03 I hope SCS got rid of and replaced all those Chemron gas stations. Name and colors are way to close the Chevron. Gonna have to drive around and see if any are still in the game.
for godsake... Are you attorney for Chevron ?

Can someone tell me "why best of the parodies shall replace?" They're parodies not Chevron

Chemron was good, replace something like Goliath
Carfreak200

#205 Post by Carfreak200 » 28 Jun 2022 17:38

New blog out today that gives more details regarding the ownable Fuel tankers and Dry bulk tankers for those interested
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
CDRacer

#206 Post by CDRacer » 28 Jun 2022 17:41

@jarryed I never expected everything to be done overnight and of course not all together and knowing SCS where timeline normally exceeds average human life period lol (joking yes?) it always takes good amount of time, but well yes I expect sneak picks, talks, visions. Something for players to sit and wait in patience, same as we sit and wait for Texas (and any other content DLC) in patience which was announced long time ago and gets constant sneak picks

And if devs do want to make game better with small but quality updates, why not fix\add long time requested things? Such as delivery variations in extended contracts (empty pallets and used packaging in every corner), multiple drop points etc. For example because of lack in delivery variations some delivery achievements are done just by going all over same route or 2 from A to B 10 times, because there is just no other possible options for a destination you need, while load is available in some totally random places like port to railway terminal. It's small, annoying and it can be fixed by just reconfiguring and adding routes.
VTXcnME

#207 Post by VTXcnME » 28 Jun 2022 17:44

jarryed wrote: 28 Jun 2022 17:02
Now speaking to what you mentioned Texas is, I believe, going to be the big game changer for SCS. They will be about halfway through the country(land size wise) and this is the state that most people are looking forward to. Hence that would be the appropriate time to introduce DX12, new AA, etc etc etc etc etc. Just sounds like you have absolutely no patience.
Agree. Patience is a virtue and in the case of SCS dev releases, a requirement.

With anything related to SCS, you should have patience, more patience, some bourbon, then a little more patience. And THEN you might get a blog post about whatever feature you're hoping for.

Nothing happens quickly with SCS. Anyone who's been around for more than 30 seconds should know this. LOL.

And if I've learned anything, being frustrated or annoyed or whatever about their timetable only impacts you. SCS isn't going to move an inch faster (though they might move slower to spite :D :lol: ), no matter how obnoxious you think their glacial pace is.
F4R35

#208 Post by F4R35 » 28 Jun 2022 18:48

I've played 6 hours, since the beta released, and I couldn't find a load to a gas station for the fuel citernes.
I got my ADR license for transporting combustible liquides,and Gas, I really wish SCS will add the ability to deliver to fuel stations because literally most of the time that's where fuel goes.
And I wish they'll add Gas citernes in the future.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
supersobes
Global moderator

#209 Post by supersobes » 28 Jun 2022 18:59

They did add the ability to deliver to fuel stations, but it's rare. I know I have delivered to two fuel stations with the new tankers in 1.45.
Viper28

#210 Post by Viper28 » 28 Jun 2022 19:02

well, all I can say is I hope with Texas they do create refineries for each one of these new petrol brands, and make at least a couple stations deliverable for gas (that can use these beautiful cisters (tankers)) per state to start. Heck, map team if they did it right could create that slightly raised tank platform near each station, create some graphic valve covers/pipe receptables, and then (for now) create a special icon one drives to trigger the fuel delivery. C'mon. Sometimes this game (and a few of its fans) remind of a care home I transported someone to the other day where everyone is just slowly shuffling around in their walker blankly staring off into space....lol the scene totally made me think of this game sometimes. Those folks don't have a choice...this game does!!
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK

Return to “General discussion about the game”