ATS 1.45 Discussion

Marcello Julio

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#181 Post by Marcello Julio » 28 Jun 2022 09:27

I believe that for them to make the gas stations as a company, they will have to make the refineries of each one (Aron, Naf, Driverse, Haulett and Phoenix). Currently, only Gallon Oil is the only one gas station which has a refinery. Of course this is not very difficult, just put some on the map and is done. I hope thathey consider this for a next update as we now have the Fuel Cisterns and the new gas station brands.
danbywinby

#182 Post by danbywinby » 28 Jun 2022 10:00

Or gallon can just be the king and own all the fuel and make the other stations pay them for fuel deliveries :lol:
The Dude

#183 Post by The Dude » 28 Jun 2022 10:07

Well, to be honest I don't like the fantasy looking gas stations. How can someone in one sentence say "bringing in-game areas up to the current, and more "realistic", standards." and then turn around and redo all of the gas stations into something not even remotely "real" is beyond me, but I guess that's why Rockstar never named any of there cities after it's "real" world counterpart.

Just my two cents for what it's worth, that's all.

After visiting a couple of the new stations, their kinda growing on me, some modder will figure it out eventually.
Last edited by The Dude on 28 Jun 2022 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
hangman005

#184 Post by hangman005 » 28 Jun 2022 10:11

Probably the rebrand I was most disappointed in Gallon to Gallon Oil, I really like the old colour scheme and logo... Reminds me most of all the real world fast food places, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, rebranding and losing all their personality :lol:
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
harishw8r

#185 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jun 2022 10:35

Not sure whether it can be brought up here, but Emergency brake was functioning worse than 1.44. I use g_emergency_brake 1 and there were multiple false detections.
clifflandmark

#186 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jun 2022 10:45

I did not look any station when I drove to Cody. What you said makes me worried. Why do they change existing stations instead of bringing more ?? Ridiculous :roll:
flight50

#187 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 11:51

Marcello Julio wrote: 28 Jun 2022 09:27 I believe that for them to make the gas stations as a company, they will have to make the refineries of each one (Aron, Naf, Driverse, Haulett and Phoenix). Currently, only Gallon Oil is the only one gas station which has a refinery. Of course this is not very difficult, just put some on the map and is done. I hope thathey consider this for a next update as we now have the Fuel Cisterns and the new gas station brands.
Ditto and this is the biggest key to diversity. This is one of those middle man copies missing. In order to have multiple petrol/gasoline stations, its must be refined at the parent facility. If each of these new gas stations got a refinery, the variety goes a lonnnng ways. The repetitive of Gallon is neutralized. There is no one US company to rule them all in most of the companies we have in ATS. That....SCS can control. Just add variety and things work themselves out from there. More options to drop in to cities makes the game world that much larger.

I like the ImFine and Green Petrol. I have zero issues if they don't reflect a real life company. SCS has more freedom when not having to look over their shoulders at a law suite. Change always bring debate though. Some embrace change, some don't cope with it so well. But unless one is a modder or use mods, little can be done but adapt ;). For me, as long as we can get delivers to these new gas stations with owned tankers now, the change is good. SCS got away from delivering to these. Time to get back on track with more things in place to support it.
Meandrous Mosey

#188 Post by Meandrous Mosey » 28 Jun 2022 11:58

In the blog post they mention optional mod support in Convoy. Can anyone clarify whether this means mods the host has would be optional for joining players or if mods the player has but the host doesn't could still be used by that player but would be optional for everyone else? Just asking because one of the things I dislike about the mod support in Convoy is that if I want to join a host that doesn't have the mods I do then I have to deactivate them and it would be really nice if that weren't the case.
The Dude

#189 Post by The Dude » 28 Jun 2022 14:12

Meandrous Mosey, Half Fast Gaming goes into detail about that gameplay option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv2OZcl ... FastGaming
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
Marcello Julio

#190 Post by Marcello Julio » 28 Jun 2022 14:16

Meandrous Mosey wrote: 28 Jun 2022 11:58 In the blog post they mention optional mod support in Convoy. Can anyone clarify whether this means mods the host has would be optional for joining players or if mods the player has but the host doesn't could still be used by that player but would be optional for everyone else? Just asking because one of the things I dislike about the mod support in Convoy is that if I want to join a host that doesn't have the mods I do then I have to deactivate them and it would be really nice if that weren't the case.
Mods that do not want this mandatory in the Convoy, will have to add a tag in the mods called mp_mod_optional and the Convoy host will have to check a box before opening the Convoy so that this obligation does not take effect.

Return to “General discussion about the game”