ATS 1.45 Discussion

flight50

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#81 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 19:02

^Gotcha. Its a nice design on the trailer imho though. I also like the Sweet Beets on the tankers. I like the scheme.
Marcello Julio

#82 Post by Marcello Julio » 27 Jun 2022 19:07

seriousmods wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:58
So 2026? That doesn't make sense lol.
But who's saying dates? We can see this new mode anytime, just as we were surprised by Convoy when it was announced.
flight50

#83 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 19:07

seriousmods wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:58 Say you're playing a convoy session and a fellow player has to leave. Why does his trailer and truck disappear? You should be able to finish your load, and go back and finish his. If you're sharing a company, the company would receive the money. Or maybe he ran out of fuel, and you are finishing the load.

None of this stuff seems like that much of a big deal, but it's not even a thought.
I was only commenting on the list itself. Now you're talking about the MP session itself. I agree that once the host leaves, there are issues. MP isn't perfect though. The host would need to let everyone know they are leaving to be courteous before the everyone gets kicked off. But as now, no fix to allow a co-host. Probably harder to implement but at least step one is in and MP is available. Its the foundation. Work from there. So thought....what's to say they haven't thought about it and 1) haven't implemented, 2) working it or 3) don't have a solution.
Optional Features

#84 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 19:12

Marcello Julio wrote: 27 Jun 2022 19:07
seriousmods wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:58
So 2026? That doesn't make sense lol.
But who's saying dates? We can see this new mode anytime, just as we were surprised by Convoy when it was announced.
It took 5? years to get multiplayer in the first place. Many games release that as an initial feature. It might be sooner, or it might be never.
flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 19:07 I was only commenting on the list itself. Now you're talking about the MP session itself. I agree that once the host leaves, there are issues. MP isn't perfect though. The host would need to let everyone know they are leaving to be courteous before the everyone gets kicked off. But as now, no fix to allow a co-host. Probably harder to implement but at least step one is in and MP is available. Its the foundation. Work from there. So thought....what's to say they haven't thought about it and 1) haven't implemented, 2) working it or 3) don't have a solution.
Doesn't even have to be the host. A guy I play with has bad internet. He left a few weeks ago (I was the host), and his entire 80 foot long semi vanishes into thin air.

In a farming sim multiplayer session (hosted on a server), we could all crash out of the game and the vehicles would remain. We can also share farms, assign people tasks, share vehicles, and more. GIANTS is a terrible developer, but I wish SCS would follow a bit of their lead with MP. Players should have a reason to play MP other than seeing another truck on the road. There should be a benefit in gameplay and work accomplished.
chris2002

#85 Post by chris2002 » 27 Jun 2022 19:17

dkasper00 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 19:02 Didn't know being overly harsh was being constructive. Luckily with my nitpick there's away around it in setting your own route. If they can do similar with national parks, there's no reason they can't for this.
On the technical side, yes, there is no reason SCS could not do it.

On the practical side, if they do it right, I think that could be difficult to understand for average player (not "hardcore" players). Because if you start to put theses kind of limit in place, they will start to accumulate. Eisenhower is blocked for tankers. Ok, but I don't think that the only limitation that could be applied to the game. Overweight trucks should probably not allowed on certain bridges and/or roads, dangerous material on certains roads, etc.
SCS would also need an easy way to explain it to the players, because the truck with trailer ban on certain national park roads is something you only discover when you are right in front of the park gate, because the GPS does not prevent you to use theses roads (after 1.44, they had to "hide" one off the road to prevent GPS using it...). And in some places, SCS would probably have to provide alternative road (that could exist in reality, but not in ATS), which could be difficult to do due to the map scale.

Note : On a similar topic, if things didn't change, I think it should still be possible to go trough a state with a "illegal" trailer configuration, for example if you take a delivery between two states that allows that trailer configuration.
Travismods

#86 Post by Travismods » 27 Jun 2022 19:21

Have you guys noticed? We aren't playing the game anymore. We are playing the forums and blogs. The game is so boring without any new features we have stopped playing and migrated out of the game onto here. We are stuck here talking, talking, talking. Man, exciting stuff! I wonder why that could be?
xXCARL1992Xx

#87 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Jun 2022 19:21

the GPS already avoided non truck routes before 1.44, the one in California i think? was never an option for the job route calculations
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#88 Post by TruckerDog » 27 Jun 2022 19:24

flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:30 Yessssss, that is the gas tanker I was hoping for. See the devs listen. Ohhh yeah. I've posted that type of trailer a few times. I think that's what TruckeDog hinted at.
I was hinting at the Dry Bulk trailer since the fuel tankers were already a given on the recent blog shots. :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
Optional Features

#89 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 19:26

koolizz wrote: 27 Jun 2022 19:21 Have you guys noticed? We aren't playing the game anymore. We are playing the forums and blogs. The game is so boring without any new features we have stopped playing and migrated out of the game onto here. We are stuck here talking, talking, talking. Man, exciting stuff! I wonder why that could be?
And we should be talking, but not about what we want or what is coming. We should be talking about what we already have.

There should be forums of players talking about how to load a certain cargo that's really difficult or players giving ideas on how to get into a tough company. There should be players talking about the weather in game (especially if it was real time) or maybe how they ran into a bad traffic jam somewhere.

A truck simulator taken to its fullest potential would have a forum that mirrored real life cb chatter and truckstop conversations. Instead, we have clans of players arguing over stuff we'll never have. Some for, some against.
luetze

#90 Post by luetze » 27 Jun 2022 19:26

Nice to have Cody and US-14 in the game eventually.

Btw these advertisements for 1.45 Beta when streaming a radio channel are a cool touch.

@seriousmods Can you please stop to highjack every single thread? Yes ATS and ETS are not perfect and there is room for a lot of improvement but you should really let it go if you're that unhappy with SCS.
Last edited by luetze on 27 Jun 2022 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”